Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:56:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  FIXED...DBV 200 IGT Slant Top issues.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: FIXED...DBV 200 IGT Slant Top issues.  (Read 39852 times)
motom67
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1

« on: February 02, 2011, 01:24:06 AM »

I have 2 slant top igt s+ slot machines.   The Bill Validators were not in the machines when I purchased them.  I recently purchased several JCM DBV 200 / B023, Transporters, bill bezels,  Power supplies and a back plate that holds the cashbox, BV, stacker and Transporter.  I do not have the stacker or cashbox.  I was wondering if anyone had a picture or could take a picture of how the wires are connected.  It seems like I'm missing something.  I get power with no problem.  

I am able to connect the bezel to the BV.
I am able to connect the BV to the transporter.
I am able to connect the BV to power.  

I am NOT able to connect the BV or Transporter to the CPU.  

I don't have any diagrams that show me how to do this.  I don't know if I need a wire harness to connect the BV to the CPU.  I have 2 unused connection points on the BV.  One has 4 pins and the other has 2 pins.  I wonder what those are for.  ???  I also have several connections behind the top glass that are unused.  The don't look like they fit to the BV.
Can anyone help?  I will take pictures and post now.  
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 12:58:23 PM by motom67 » Logged
motom67
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 02:34:09 AM »

Here are some pics

* 421.JPG (387.07 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 320 times.)
motom67
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 02:39:53 AM »

More

* 424.JPG (417.47 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 273 times.)
motom67
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 02:41:17 AM »

last

* 422.JPG (393.46 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 315 times.)
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 03:40:12 AM »

Moved topic to the S+ board, since the issue is specific to the S+ connections and harness, and not a DBV issue.

Thanks Knagl. wave

StatFreak garfield
nlg  Global Moderator

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
motom67
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2011, 03:41:46 AM »

Thanks!
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2011, 07:50:54 AM »

Moved topic to the S+ board, since the issue is specific to the S+ connections and harness, and not a DBV issue.

Thanks Knagl. wave

StatFreak garfield
nlg  Global Moderator

I was too late again! Cry Laughing Cry Laughing Cry Laughing

CH CaptainHappy

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2011, 02:49:17 AM »

I'm not that familiar with the slant top hardware but I figured someone would have posted by now. Does the slant top use the same DBV harness to the backplane as an upright?

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2011, 03:09:32 AM »

I am NOT able to connect the BV or Transporter to the CPU.  

I do not have the stacker or cashbox.

The BV is connected to the MPU by the cable coming from the BV power supply as circled below. Two of the wires supply input power to the power supply, The rest are the signal lines that just pass though the power supply to/from the BV to the MPU.  So as long as the other end is connected to the motherboard you should be ok for that. See diagram below.

The 2 and 4 pin connectors on the BV are not used on an upright, so I doubt they are used on a slant top.

I think that without a stacker/cashbox you will be dead in the water since the trasnport will try to cycle it.

Of course the BV needs to be enabled with a SET chip.

* 421.jpg (446.94 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 292 times.)

* bv.jpg (157.29 KB, 1405x780 - viewed 347 times.)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 03:38:07 AM by poppo » Logged
motom67
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2011, 05:39:07 AM »

Thank you. 

I am getting the cashbox this weekend.  Is there something with the box that the bv and transport sit atop?  I don't know the name, sorry.  The box also fits the cashbox and stacker.  This box has two sensors or eyes on the bottom.  Does the cashox need to reflect or somehow connect with the bv? 

I have read about 200 pages on DBV 200, cashbox's, transports...  I have a set chip for the bv.  I have tried the instructions that came with the chip.  The instructions are mispelled so I doubt they have every step described properly.  Does anyone have some more information for the slant top or igt s+ that can help me set my bv to accept $1, $5, $10, $20, $50.  I have tried to flip the dips but I'm not sure I'm doing it in the right order or right at all.   Duh!
motom67
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2011, 05:43:01 AM »

I'm not that familiar with the slant top hardware but I figured someone would have posted by now. Does the slant top use the same DBV harness to the backplane as an upright?

I believe that they are quite similar.  I didn't know what harnesses I was missing.  According to other posts the power supply has all the wires I need.  I would like to findout how to fire the bv up.  Does the bv hold all of the power for the bv and transporter... and faceplate...... and the stacker?    When I put power to the bv I see a red light from within the bv.  I do not get anything from the faceplate.  I have two face plates, I've tried them both and nothing. 
knagl

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2011, 06:15:03 AM »

I'm not very familiar with slant tops nor the actual wiring of the bill validator, which is why I haven't had much to add.  Like Stat, I was hoping that someone else here has a slant top that can help you.

I do know this much: the faceplate will not light up until the machine has sent the signal to enable the validator, AND the validator itself is ready as well.  Without a stacker box (cash can), the validator will never be ready, so it is expected that the faceplate will not light up.  I would presume that yes, the sensors in the frame of the stacker box do need to connect to the DBV in some way so that the DBV knows when there's a box inserted and can see where in the cycle that the cash can is (I believe that's the purpose of that set of optics).  I do not know how those are connected to the DBV, though.  Is there a wire or harness coming away from those optics that will fit into the DBV?

The fact that you're seeing the little red lights inside the head of the DBV is a good sign.  Once you install the stacker box (cash can), you should hear the validator cycle as it gets the cash can ready to accept a bill.  In order to accept a bill, the validator must be enabled in the slot software with the use of a SET chip, the cash can must be installed properly, ALL doors must be closed (stacker box, validator access, and the main hatch door), and the machine must be ready to accept a coin (no tilts).  If all of those conditions are met, the faceplate should light up and it should be ready to accept a bill.

You mentioned that you flipped a bunch of DIP switches.  Don't do that.  Put them back to where they were.   yes

Once you have your cash can, here are directions on how to enable the bill validator with a SET chip:

http://www.newlifegames.net/spset/dbv.htm

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
poppo

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2011, 11:51:00 AM »

This box has two sensors or eyes on the bottom.  Does the cashox need to reflect or somehow connect with the bv? 

Does anyone have some more information for the slant top or igt s+ that can help me set my bv to accept $1, $5, $10, $20, $50.  I have tried to flip the dips but I'm not sure I'm doing it in the right order or right at all.   

Let's start with the second part first. While not set in stone, typically a DBV-200 in a S+ will have all of the dip switches off. See picture below. We need to know what your game chip number is SPxxxx. This will tell us what ID the BV uses. If the ID is set wrong, it will never work.

The cash box has a set of holes in them. When the box is inserted the sensor can see straight through. When the box is removed or inserted it breaks the sensor path and thus makes the transport cycle. But if there is no cash can at all, the BV will never enable. If it's not making any sounds, then you probably have a power supply issue as the head and trasnport will always cycle on power up.

When you power up the machine does the transport make any sounds? If so, does it sound like it is cycling about 6 or 7 times and then stops? If so, that is actually a good sign as it is cycling trying to find the missing cash can stacker.

The bottom line is there are a multitude of things that all have to be right for it to work. So we need to take it one step at a time. Read this thread too as it has some good info, especially about making sure the transport is seated properly once you do get a cash can.
http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=4226.0

So give us this info as it's important:
1. What sounds if any does the BV head/transport make on power up?
2. What is your SP chip number?

* bv dip.jpg (114.11 KB, 565x574 - viewed 278 times.)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 03:48:08 PM by poppo » Logged
motom67
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2011, 02:16:51 PM »

Is there a wire or harness coming away from those optics that will fit into the DBV?

Us Slant Top owners are at a disadvantage.  Haha!  The optics wire through the frame and connect into BV with a brown and yellow wire.  There was a yellow and red wire that has been cut back.  The picture I posted earlier has a clear view of the wire. The wires are in a black casing (4 wires).

poppo

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2011, 02:58:29 PM »

There was a yellow and red wire that has been cut back. 

Not sure which one you are talking about. Of course you should repair any cut wires, but it still won't work without the cash box or if it's not cycling on power up or if the dip switches are set wrong. So we still need to know the answers asked above. If we don't take this step by step, it will be difficult to help.
motom67
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2011, 04:22:58 AM »

Ok.  Got the cash cans. It didn't come with a transporter.  I think I'm seeding the cash can in right.  I think the optics in the housing are able to see eachother.  The dv will cycle shortly when I take the can out.  When I put the can back the optics seem to recognize it and cycle shortly then stops. 
I set the dip switches back to the way I got em (all off). 
I went through the Setup Guide for the Denomination Set Validator Chip as Knagl said.  Everything worked well.  I set the dv to .05 cents.   I went through everything without any problems. 
However, the face place does not light up and the dv does not want to accept anything.  The dv does not try to grab the bill.  What does everyone think. 
motom67
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2011, 04:26:58 AM »

Oh, and I also went through the thread suggested earlier in this post.  http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=4226.0
 I got some info and tried trouble shooting.  I don't think the connections are off.  I fixed the two wires I was wondering about earlier in this thread.  Still have a ton of questions why I cant this dv fired up. 
The dv makes a small cycle sound when bzzz, BZ, bzzz, BZ (hard to explain), I first turn on the machine. 
poppo

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2011, 11:01:27 AM »

Got the cash cans. It didn't come with a transporter
The dv makes a small cycle sound when bzzz, BZ, bzzz, BZ (hard to explain), I first turn on the machine.  

As noted the cycling is a good sign. But it you don't have a stacker in the can, the BV will not enable. Part of the cycling is to verify the stacker is present and is put it in the home position.

Also we still need to know what number SP chip you have to ensure the BV head is set for the right ID. If it's is not, it won't enable.

Keep in mind the cycling when you power up the machine is just more or less a self test the BV unit is doing. It will do that regardless of if it has been enabled with the SET chip or anything else. All the cycling proves is that it is getting power. There are still a few things that need to be verified or fixed before it will work.
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2011, 03:20:49 PM »

in your reply picture#2  that two pin connector has to be connected to something, it's the power for the lamps on the bezel.
as for the four pin connector that had two of the wires cut!  there all have to be hooked up , they are the two sets of optic wires for the unit. with that unit unplugged the unit should cycle several and after a while it will stop by itself.

read this thread and read replies #24 and #25, http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=11051.15

the cash box should have come with the stacker enclosed. its the black part with the white gear wheels. the head is attached to the transport, the head/ transport unit sit atop the shelf assembly which also holds the cash box and also contains the optics.
 even if the unit has the wrong ID it will enable, normally it will accept the bill, the insert coin lamp will flicker and the bill is rejected. with certain sp chips this may vary.

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
poppo

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2011, 03:42:53 PM »

As Jim pointed out the cash can 'should' have the stacker installed. However it is possible is does not. Just to clarify what it should sound like, here are two videos. Listen cloesly to the difference in the cycling. The first one is the normal power up and cycling of the BV and transport. The second has the cash can (stacker) removed). You can hear in the second video how it cycles more times looking for the stacker in the cash can and then never enables. Also, if the transport is not seated properly in the tray, you will also have issues with it not enabling. The two tabs on the back of the transport need to be hooked under the opening in the tray and the gear should be sitting low like in the picture below.

Note: I did change the ID and Jim is right that the bezel light will come on, but it won't accept bills. Still it (the ID) is something we should verify in case the bezel light assy is out for some reason.

Proper power up
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/EV5t65s98ts&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/EV5t65s98ts&rel=0</a>

Power up with missing stacker
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/f8lREU54hAY&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/f8lREU54hAY&rel=0</a>

* transport.jpg (466.31 KB, 1536x1024 - viewed 598 times.)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 07:54:00 PM by poppo » Logged
motom67
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2011, 02:27:06 AM »

So I don't have a stacker.  It doesn't seem like there is room between the cash can and the tranporter/BV. 
The set chip is marked with
Malaysia
am270512
-2550c
9640mpn
copyright 1986 amd

I'll send a video soon of my BV cycling on start up.
poppo

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2011, 02:28:40 AM »

So I don't have a stacker.  It doesn't seem like there is room between the cash can and the tranporter/BV.  

The stacker is inside of the cash can.

That is why it is important to have the transport seated properly. If the transport gear is not meshing properly with the the stacker gear, it is just as if the can was not installed.

* stacker.jpg (217.62 KB, 651x948 - viewed 397 times.)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 02:37:47 AM by poppo » Logged
motom67
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2011, 02:35:43 AM »

I've seen pictures of it.  I guess I need to find one.  Any suggestions where to get one?
Oh, well. I don't even have the right one I guess. Mine does not look like that at all.  Mine does not have a door.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 02:44:06 AM by motom67 » Logged
poppo

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2011, 02:45:35 AM »

I've seen pictures of it.  I guess I need to find one.  Any suggestions where to get one?
Oh, well. I don't even have the right one I guess. Mine does not look like that at all.  Mine does not have a door.

I think the slant top may be slightly different, but same principal.

You can put a WTB in the classifieds or try here

http://www.ohiogaming.com/igtcashbox.htm
motom67
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2011, 02:58:09 AM »

Alright, then I need to get that before I can do much. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.