Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 07:40:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  IGT S2000 Barcrest Power Supply damaged
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT S2000 Barcrest Power Supply damaged  (Read 3297 times)
peachpit
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 7

« on: February 03, 2011, 08:42:46 AM »

Hello,

i´m owner of a IGT S2000 Barcrest game "DD deluxe with cheese". Now, while doing some settings and switching on the machine, the main fuse at home was triggered. I found out, that it was the power supply that powers the top-box-LED-board that causes the damage. After opened the metal housing of the power supply i found out, that the little glas-fuse inside was broken. So i replaced it with a new one (to be honest: i replaced with a 4 A instead of a 6.3 A). The same: the fuse was damaged and nothing happened. The top-box-LED-board doesn´t lit any more. After that i did the same; replaced a new fuse but disconnected the LED-board. A big blue flash appears at the fuse from the power supply and the fuse blows out again.
Now finally i have ordered a new power supply. But my question: Do you think that i´m right that only the power supply is damaged (my hope) or do you think the LED-board could be damaged too? Is there any way to test the LED-board without power supply if it is still ok?

Thanks a lot for your help and opinions.  wave
Brianzz
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 316

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 10:08:15 AM »

Should be fine.. that's why they put fuses in them so they'll blow (hopefully) before anything else
peachpit

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 10:46:14 AM »

So, you mean that i could plug the new power supply in when i have got it and everything should be fine? Would be great  propeller
I have looked on the top-box-led-board; there where no signs of smoke or broken parts. Ok, i guess the best thing would be i will simply test it out and hopefully it will work.  yes

Thanks a lot.

poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 12:49:14 PM »

A big blue flash appears at the fuse from the power supply and the fuse blows out again.
Now finally i have ordered a new power supply. But my question: Do you think that i´m right that only the power supply is damaged (my hope) or do you think the LED-board could be damaged too?

I don't have the schematics for this so I can't say for sure, but It may not be the power supply. Typically a fuse will blow because something AFTER the power supply is drawing too much current. Where did you disconnect the LED board? At the LED board or at the power supply? Because something may be shorted in the wiring harness. Or maybe a stray coin is shorting something out somewhere. Does that part of the power supply power anything else? If you are sure you have disconnected that output of the power supply from everything else and it still blows a fuse, then yes it is probably bad. And no, it should not have damaged the LED board. However depending upon what went bad, it could have sent the wrong voltage to the LED board and cooked it too.
Bettor Slots
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 751

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 12:51:12 PM »

You should be fine.  It's common for the top box power supply to go and likely your only problem.  Many of the Barcrest I've worked on used the "Win-Tact" (manufacturer) power supply which are junk to begin with.  You can replace it with any S2000 power supply that sits behind the reels and you'll be up and running again in no time.  Best to use the one by 3Y-Technologies with the model / customer part number 40009003....they are the most dependable.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 01:16:35 PM by Bettor Slots » Logged

If life is like a box of chocolates....why do I always seem to end up with the butter creme?
peachpit

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2011, 01:58:59 PM »

I have checked the wiring; i couldn´t see any broken harness or wiring that causes a shortcut or something. Perhaps it was wrong to start the power supply without any ballast to test it? I have read somewhere that you shouldn´t do this...? By the way...Jim, i hope you are right and everything is fine. I have already ordered a power supply via ebay ... and don´t hope it´s from "Win-Tact" again ttth  Tongue Out
brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 440

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2011, 02:56:00 PM »

Usually the power protection is on the input side of the power supply, so if you have a short on the output side, it will blow the fuse.

I don't know of any power supply that we as consumers would ever run across that would be damaged by powering it up without a load. I'm sure there might be the odd industrial power supply that could have this issue.

Thanks,
Bill
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.