Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 12:09:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Other Reel Games
| | |-+  Games of Nevada slot machine
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Games of Nevada slot machine  (Read 16515 times)
deity2
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 2

« on: February 06, 2011, 01:01:40 AM »

i recently got a "games of nevada" slot machine....model# TCMV-033 date 6-79...it's a great looking machine ....the guy i bought it from had a guy replace the power cord and and some bulbs and the guy who was repairing it thought the hopper finger wasn't correct on this machine so he left the parts off..i put them back on but when a coin is played and you win the payout goes right back in the hopper...has anyone ever worked on one of these...thanks for any help i'll post more pics

* Picture 270.jpg (47.18 KB, 640x480 - viewed 469 times.)

* Picture 271.jpg (46.56 KB, 640x480 - viewed 380 times.)
deity2

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 01:03:11 AM »

more pics

* Picture 272.jpg (48.1 KB, 640x480 - viewed 404 times.)

* Picture 273.jpg (47.39 KB, 640x480 - viewed 325 times.)
deity2

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 01:04:59 AM »

more pics

* Picture 301.jpg (47.12 KB, 640x480 - viewed 380 times.)

* Picture 297.jpg (47.35 KB, 640x480 - viewed 305 times.)
deity2

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 01:06:16 AM »

last one...ok.....thanks for your time...bob

* Picture 301.jpg (47.12 KB, 640x480 - viewed 352 times.)

* Picture 303.jpg (48.72 KB, 640x480 - viewed 392 times.)
uniman
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 01:40:36 AM »

Nice classic machine Bob.
I don't know the Games of Nevada machines but hoppers basically work all the same. A motor drives a wheel, a counter counts the coins, and a deflector is engaged during payout and then disengaged when then proper number of coins has been paid out and deflects any extra coins back to the hopper until the wheel stops. Sounds like your deflector is not getting out of the way during payout.
From your pics it looks like the round tube with wire in it is the counter and that pointed metal tab is the deflector. Can't see where that spring on top is connected to but I'm guessing it pulls the deflector back to it's "deflecting" location after the proper number of coins are dispensed.
If you can fool the door switch and play the machine with the door open you could see the hopper in action.

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable with this type of hopper can help more.

Jim
deity2

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2011, 02:06:06 AM »

hey jim...thanks for the input...i did play it with door open but still can't figure out why the coins fall back in hopper...i didn't want to bend anything until i knew what part(s) i might be missing....bob
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2011, 08:49:23 PM »

The coins are supposed to ride along the top of that metal knife and be dispensed into the coin tray, but I'm not familiar with that particular hopper to know if you're missing any parts or not.

Jim- On IGT hoppers, there's no deflector -- there's just a spring-loaded brake that engages to stop the hopper which stops it in its tracks, so there's no danger of extra coins being dispensed, but I agree it looks like that pointy thing just above the coin counting microswitch is in the way and preventing coins from being dispensed.

deity2: Does your camera have the ability to take video?  If so, if you could take a video of the area in question and post that (upload the video to Youtube and then paste the Youtube link here to make your video appear) then you'd have some other eyes being able to see the issue as its happening and offer better feedback.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
deity2

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2011, 10:09:36 PM »

Ok update on this thing...gary (amachanic) and jim (uniman) got me in the right direction...first, the solenoid which operates the pointer thing seemed the obvious problem but after playing with the door open the solenoid IS working correctly...then jim mentioned the wire with the tube over it which is the coin counter...it seems what happened was the guy who originally tried to fix this bent the wire on the counter too far...I just bent it back to an "L" shape (took a couple times) and now it works fine...karma to all who helped on that issue but there seems to be one more problem....as far as I can tell (so far) is that when you hit a single cherry it won't pay....2 cherries pay fine and I had hit some bells and some plumbs and they pay too...right now it just doesn't see the single cherry...gary suggested I check the contacts next to see if they are dirty...so that's the next step...thanks to everyone for the help and I'll keep you all posted...I do wish I could find a manual for this so if anyone knows where I could get one please let me know....bob
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 308

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2011, 12:01:44 AM »

Thanks for the kind word and Karma Bob.. If you can post some pics of the reels assembly we'll see if we can help with the payout problem. feel free to send any you want to my email again. Glad to help you any way I can.. I'm the one who should be saying Karma + to you for the Bally transformer you sent me... Gary

If it's jammed, force it... If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway...
deity2

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2011, 01:30:29 AM »

No problem gary....we're all in this together applause  I'll be sending those pics tomorrow gary and thanks....bob
Op-Bell
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 326

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2011, 05:36:52 AM »

Owhen you hit a single cherry it won't pay....2 cherries pay fine and I had hit some bells and some plumbs and they pay too...right now it just doesn't see the single cherry...
Most likely the '2' track on the payout counter is not making contact. It may be burned, or the wiper may be lifted, or there may just be a wire off. It's the most frequent payout so it gets the most wear. There's obviously continuity through the cherry contact on the reels, as 2 cherries pays off.
danatlvc

Total Karma Storms: 4

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2012, 09:39:19 PM »

I ran across a Super Bingop Slot Machine at a yard sale & it works good except the top glass piece has 2 small cracks on the upper left corner & side. Is this machine rare & does anyone know what it's value is? I've googled for hours & have only found one on utube of a guy playing one. I think it's late 60's. The metal tag is gone. I would of bought it, as I thought it was cool, buy the glass is making me think on it because I'll never find a replacement. It's not that bad, but does affect the value I'm sure? Any help out there would be appreciated. Thanks
Neonkiss

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2012, 01:28:49 AM »

The only one I know of is mine.

And, yes that's it on the youtube....

* DSC02388.JPG (1356.07 KB, 1536x2048 - viewed 469 times.)

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 308

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2012, 01:45:32 AM »

Sounds like it might be a good investment if the price is right even with the glass crack. Make then an offer on it, the worst they can say is no. Then leave you number with them if it doesn't sell. You might get a better deal if your patient. I know I have...

If it's jammed, force it... If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway...
danatlvc

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2012, 02:03:55 AM »

The only one I know of is mine.

And, yes that's it on the youtube....
Thanks for the reply. I called & bought it. Is it normal for Games of Nevada machines to have parts attached to wood boards on the bottom, like this one is & this other one here on the forum or are they mickey moused/very curious? I don't remember if the number lights twinkled around like they were rolling while the reels rolled like yous do, but it was outside in the daylight? the balls lit up when hit I know for sure. Thanks
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 03:01:01 AM by danatlvc » Logged
Neonkiss

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2012, 10:10:30 AM »

Yes, components are mounted to wood inside.
My machine did not work when I got it and I could not locate a schematic.
Besides small stuff, the major issue with mine was a broken plastic cam in the top box. It would not rotate with the shaft and everything for the timed sequence was off.

danatlvc

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2012, 11:44:31 AM »

Besides small stuff, the major issue with mine was a broken plastic cam in the top box. It would not rotate with the shaft and everything for the timed sequence was off.
Thank you fro the wood info. I paid $325 for it with the 2 small cracks in the top piece glass. One in the left top corner 1 1/2" & one on the very side edge of the frame a few inches under the corner one  & it's about 3 " along the side.I feel I got a deal, but would like your opinion? Thanks
Neonkiss

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2012, 02:45:03 PM »

Post some pictures.
Inside and out

danatlvc

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2012, 01:43:07 PM »

Post some pictures.
Inside and out
I got her set up & have played for a few hours. Works very good except sometimes the coins inserted go down the chute & not in the hopper & some times 3 number on a line doesn't pat out? You hear a jolt by the hopper & that's it? Here's some pics as requested. Trying to figure out how to post them, as I'm new to this site

When I picked her up the back Formica piece was loose & a piece chipped off, so I gr $15 back = $310 for the machine. It had the original high stand, but it was so beat up & ugly & very high, I didn't take it

This one has no tag on side & they said they bought it when it was at least 25 years old & have had it 20 years. My guess is 1967? Curious what your says?

I look forward to oiling her & cleaning & polishing her up. Very Cool Machine

Thanks

* TOO COOL 002.JPG (89.14 KB, 480x640 - viewed 402 times.)

* TOO COOL 007.JPG (76.6 KB, 480x640 - viewed 348 times.)
danatlvc

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2012, 01:45:44 PM »

More pics

* TOO COOL 005.JPG (94.64 KB, 480x640 - viewed 339 times.)

* TOO COOL 006.JPG (82.25 KB, 480x640 - viewed 320 times.)
danatlvc

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2012, 01:49:57 PM »

Top glass cracks. Windshield repairman I know said he could get these look much much better. The back sideof top glass has lots of small repair to the decal & look very old

* Super Bingo 001.JPG (62.84 KB, 480x640 - viewed 327 times.)
Neonkiss

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2012, 02:08:16 PM »

Nice looking machine.  Clap Clap

On a slim chance, contact Op-Bell and see if he has a top glass. He personally knows the guy that owned Games of Nevada.
He was able to locate a top glass for my other machine, four reeler.
Unfortunately I have not made it to Vegas to pick it up.  bawling

That was three years ago. Silly Me!

danatlvc

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2012, 03:02:14 PM »

Thanks, Is op-bell a member here & how I contact him. I would flip a many cartwheels if I found a replacement glass for this machine. This machine is Awesome & I just can't imagine who & how long it took to come up with this piece. Is this mid 60's or late 60's? What year does yours say on side tag? Thanks Very Much - Dan
Neonkiss

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2012, 07:06:51 PM »

Op-Bell is a member here.
Look up at post # 10 on this page.
Click on his name and you can send him a personal message or email.
When it comes to these older and somewhat rare machines, Op-bell is the go to guy.

OldReno
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 175

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2012, 08:45:37 PM »

I'm guessing made in mid 70's.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.