Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 12:43:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  New Life Games Command Center....
| |-+  NLG Annual Bettor Slots Giveaway (Moderator: Bettor Slots)
| | |-+  2nd Annual Bettor Slots Giveaway. February 15 to April 16 2011
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2nd Annual Bettor Slots Giveaway. February 15 to April 16 2011  (Read 139456 times)
clown2948
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 92

« Reply #150 on: April 11, 2011, 11:08:23 PM »

Sorry guys I will win this year. But I wont be able to attend this year. Have a great time with the drawing.
mah
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 29

« Reply #151 on: April 12, 2011, 01:12:31 AM »

Where does one find this audit list?  I would like to confirm my donation.

Thanks!
racergiant
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 105

« Reply #152 on: April 12, 2011, 01:34:27 AM »

I think the grand prize winner will be the one with only one slot machine.  (me...?)

On another note - can everyone be PM'd with the number of tickets we have in the pot?
Bettor Slots
Topic Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 751

« Reply #153 on: April 12, 2011, 01:38:28 AM »

Just go to this link fellas.

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=11673.0

If life is like a box of chocolates....why do I always seem to end up with the butter creme?
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #154 on: April 12, 2011, 02:16:41 AM »

How does one buy a ticket for the drawing?  Scratch Head 2
I forgot how I did it last year... knockout
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #155 on: April 12, 2011, 03:37:07 AM »

Instructions to enter the raffle/drawing/giveaway:

1) Click on the "Donate" button on the bottom of any page on this site.
2) Click the "Make a Donation" button on the resulting page.
3) This takes you to the login page, with a place on the left side of the page to enter the amount. Fill in the amount ($25), click the "Update" link. Enter your username and password, this takes you to the Payment page.
4) Under "Special Instructions" heading at the top of the page,click the "Add" link next to the sentence "Your User Name on the Site ??" Type your name in the box that comes up, click "Save".
5) Choose your payment method and click the "Pay Now" button.

That's all there is to it. Do not put the word "Raffle" or "Drawing" anywhere, there is no need to do this. If you make a donation of $25 or more, you are automatically entered in the drawing. The only place you could screw this up is if you don't enter your NLG username in step 4.

I just did it twice, it's really easy, the money goes to a cause we all support, so give til it hurts, then give some more! Those are some sweet prizes, and you know you want to win!      

Report to moderator    Logged  

Mark this is a copy/ paste  from Bills post
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 01:04:56 PM by Joeylc » Logged

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #156 on: April 12, 2011, 05:26:07 AM »

I CAN'T BELIVE THAT OUT OF ALL THE PEOPLE HERE AS OF LAST AUDIT ONLY 71 DONATED.
WELL THAT MEANS MY CHANCES ARE BETTER.
FORD

Ford Stick around awhile and you can see just how CHEEP some of our member are !   WHY make a donation when you can get the best help money can buy for FREE.

I'm going to make all our members a offer, and I bet I get very few takers.

To any member who buys 4 or more tickets for the drawing between now and midnight West coast time Friday April 15 2011   I will buy them one more ticket  In other words you can get 5 for the price of 4.   Any takers ??  PM me if your in on this deal and I will check with Joey when I get to the command center Saturday morning. ( I have to go, I have the video camera I borrowed from Ashyron )

Brianzz

Total Karma Storms: 316

« Reply #157 on: April 12, 2011, 08:13:13 AM »

I'm going to make all our members a offer, and I bet I get very few takers.

To any member who buys 4 or more tickets for the drawing between now and midnight West coast time Friday April 15 2011   I will buy them one more ticket  In other words you can get 5 for the price of 4.   Any takers ??  PM me if your in on this deal and I will check with Joey when I get to the command center Saturday morning. ( I have to go, I have the video camera I borrowed from Ashyron )

Buzz I'll buy 4 tickets if you ship me 3 slot machines... deal?
tacman
NLG Document, Media Gallery and FAQ Writer

Total Karma Storms: 446

Genius in training.

« Reply #158 on: April 12, 2011, 10:33:08 AM »

Well, I'm not being so presumptuous to impose minimum donations to this event,  frying pan  but I would highly encourage members old and new to participate, if possible, even if its only for one ticket.   applause It goes to a great cause for all of us.  yes

Dan (tacman)

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #159 on: April 12, 2011, 12:49:32 PM »

Thank You!  I just took your deal Buzz!  YOU ROCK!!!  rotflmao

( listen...you don't have to buy an extra ticket for me, that's okay...lol )
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #160 on: April 12, 2011, 01:23:34 PM »

Thanks Mark  but a deal is a deal

Buzz (aka Mr presumptuous )

Bettor Slots
Topic Moderator

« Reply #161 on: April 12, 2011, 01:34:33 PM »

If you take a look at the home page under "Last 50 Posts"....I think I count 9 or 10 names getting help at this very moment....the names are BLUE.  What does Blue mean again  Scratch Head

If life is like a box of chocolates....why do I always seem to end up with the butter creme?
Ratspot
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 252

« Reply #162 on: April 12, 2011, 01:40:25 PM »

Buzz, Just took you up on your deal. Cant turn down a BARGAIN! Thank You!
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #163 on: April 12, 2011, 03:48:28 PM »

If you take a look at the home page under "Last 50 Posts"....I think I count 9 or 10 names getting help at this very moment....the names are BLUE.  What does Blue mean again  Scratch Head

OK Jim I will be the GOAT

My definition of a blue member that has been on this forum for 90 days or longer or has 25 post or more, should be called a "FREE LOADER"

To all you new members please let me explane. When you first join our happy group, your name will be in Blue and will remain in Blue until you make a donation, then your name will change to Green. Donations are requested but not required to be a member of this forum.

All of the above is the opinion of the poster (me) and in no way should reflect on New Life Games , the Web Master or the Mods. It is the opinion of one ol Bustard that doesn't care who he pisses off. ( there David/Jay neither of you need to post a book on how senile I'm getting !!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 07:35:14 PM by Buzz » Logged

Bettor Slots
Topic Moderator

« Reply #164 on: April 12, 2011, 04:22:50 PM »

My definition of a blue member that has been on this forum for 90 days or longer or has 25 post or more, should be called a "FREE LOADER"

To all you new members please let me explane. When you first join our happy group, your name will be in Blue and will remain in Blue until you make a donation, then your name will change to Green. Donations are requested but not required to be a member of this forum.

All of the above is the opinion of the poster (me) and in no way should reflect on New Life Games , the Web Master or the Mods. It is the opinion of one ol Bustard that doesn't care who he pisses off. ( there David/Jay neither of you need to post a book on how cynical I'm getting !!

That's very interesting to read.  I never really understood what the Blue's and the Green's really meant.  So what we have is a serious and embarrassing situation for someone that is BLUE?  Because...well...you know...other member's may look at the profile and say "well there's another Free Loader"....and "I guess I won't bother to help them with information and my time this time" since they've been around for awhile bleeding the site without supporting it.

Hey you know here's a great idea I just came up with.  Would it be possible to have someones name that is GREEN slowly fade to BLUE over say a year's period from the date of the donation?  Because you know you could have someone in Green that made a $5 donation 3 years ago and hasn't done anything since?  Whatta ya say?

FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 363

PET

« Reply #165 on: April 12, 2011, 04:28:59 PM »

All of the above is the opinion of the poster (me) and in no way should reflect on New Life Games , the Web Master or the Mods. It is the opinion of one ol Bustard that doesn't care who he pisses off. ( there David/Jay neither of you need to post a book on how cynical I'm getting !!

That's very interesting to read.  I never really understood what the Blue's and the Green's really meant.  So what we have is a serious and embarrassing situation for someone that is BLUE?  Because...well...you know...other member's may look at the profile and say "well there's another Free Loader"....and "I guess I won't bother to help them with information and my time this time" since they've been around for awhile bleeding the site without supporting it.

Hey you know here's a great idea I just came up with.  Would it be possible to have someones name that is GREEN slowly fade to BLUE over say a year's period from the date of the donation?  Because you know you could have someone in Green that made a $5 donation 3 years ago and hasn't done anything since?  Whatta ya say?

I'LL DRINK TO THAT JIM
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #166 on: April 12, 2011, 05:17:39 PM »

you could have someone in Green that made a $5 donation 3 years ago and hasn't done anything since?  Whatta ya say?

That's still $5 more than the person who has never donated.   propeller

This is a free site.  I understand that it takes money to operate a web forum (I operate one myself), and I do my best to chip in at least once a year.  When someone like you (Jim - Bettor Slots) adds a fantastic incentive to make a donation, the decision is even easier.  I do think that "repeat customers" should pony up a few $$ to help out the site if they're getting help from it, but I am not in favor of a "suggested" donation that is essentially mandatory in order to receive help -- I think that goes against the nature of a lot of the members here who gladly help out without any intention of getting anything out of the deal.  That said, I've called out a member in the past who was running a business of selling slot machines and was getting daily help from us without donating to the site -- that's not right.  But, for the average home user, this needs to be a welcoming place that is open to anyone regardless of their knowledge level or financial situation.

While I don't know it for sure, I can't imagine we have a lot of very active "green" users who have only donated once and never again.  I could be mistaken, I guess, but I like to think that the ones who are using the site on a regular basis are also choosing to toss a few bucks towards it on a regular basis, too.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
stormrider
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 131

« Reply #167 on: April 12, 2011, 05:28:03 PM »

That's still $5 more than the person who has never donated.   propeller

This is a free site.  I understand that it takes money to operate a web forum (I operate one myself), and I do my best to chip in at least once a year.  When someone like you (Jim - Bettor Slots) adds a fantastic incentive to make a donation, the decision is even easier.  I do think that "repeat customers" should pony up a few $$ to help out the site if they're getting help from it, but I am not in favor of a "suggested" donation that is essentially mandatory in order to receive help -- I think that goes against the nature of a lot of the members here who gladly help out without any intention of getting anything out of the deal.  That said, I've called out a member in the past who was running a business of selling slot machines and was getting daily help from us without donating to the site -- that's not right.  But, for the average home user, this needs to be a welcoming place that is open to anyone regardless of their knowledge level or financial situation.

While I don't know it for sure, I can't imagine we have a lot of very active "green" users who have only donated once and never again.  I could be mistaken, I guess, but I like to think that the ones who are using the site on a regular basis are also choosing to toss a few bucks towards it on a regular basis, too.
[/quote]

Great post knagl  applause
I agree 100%

Tim
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 07:31:16 PM by stormrider » Logged
Bettor Slots
Topic Moderator

« Reply #168 on: April 12, 2011, 05:55:05 PM »

I agree 100% also with everything you said.  Of course this is a free site and it's built by guys and gals that that make it happen every day that offer their time freely.  For Joey and the Admin crew they offer up the funds necessary to keep running as well as a lot of time to administrate it.  The whole point of the giveaway is just to make it easy for someone to be reminded that their is some costs involved in running a site like this.  So if you are going to do the right thing you might as well have a chance to get something cool back on the deal.  With that said, knowing human nature, incentives, reminders, and goating is what it takes sometimes...just ask Jerry Lewis.  I don't condone either the larger donations although I know they are appreciated.  Personally I would rather see 300 $25 donations rather than 70 donations with an average of $75.  For me personally it makes me feel better about the whole thing just knowing that a forum with over 3,000 members that there are just that many that are that thoughtful.

On a side note, I realize there are plenty of members that make donations before or after the giveaway.  Many simply don't have room for another machine because the have 10 or 20 already.   bust gut laughing  Tim...you're a good example...where the hell ya gonna put it???  If some of you are on the fence about it for that reason...you always have the option of donating the machine back to the site and a silent auction would be held to put the machine into the home with a little more elbow room.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 06:34:41 PM by Bettor Slots » Logged

mkd3b
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 12

« Reply #169 on: April 12, 2011, 08:23:26 PM »

Ok Its official once again Im in the Game.  Cant win if you dont play people.  Daddy needs a new slot.    More  importantly my money is going to a great site.  Small price to pay for the wealth of info available here
Thanks Again to Everyone that makes this site available. 

ArtD
stormrider
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 131

« Reply #170 on: April 12, 2011, 09:20:20 PM »

On a side note, I realize there are plenty of members that make donations before or after the giveaway.  Many simply don't have room for another machine because the have 10 or 20 already.   bust gut laughing  Tim...you're a good example...where the hell ya gonna put it???  If some of you are on the fence about it for that reason...you always have the option of donating the machine back to the site and a silent auction would be held to put the machine into the home with a little more elbow room.

Ha...Very true Jim I have come to find out over the years
and in at least my case you go through stages being a home slot owner.
First being getting that first machine and buying it for way to much and buying from someone off ebay or company
that won't give you the time of day if it needs fixing which happen to me twice before I found NLG.

After finding NLG the flood gates opened for me I was bitten by the slot bug for sure
of course I asked questions did a lot of reading and learned so much here, which lead me to
meeting you for example and some other vendors that I have bought machines from and also saved me from making
those first mistakes.

Now I'm to the point that yes I have to many machines and all I do now is swap kits out
I donate a few times a year and try to help out members with first time progressive setups.

Okay enough of my rambling but I would like to say that I have never given any money to any site before NLG
but this site has it all and I have met some great people and learned so much and it still goes on today.
I wish everyone good luck and Thanks to Jim Bettor Slots and NLG for making it all possible.

Tim
Jeff99
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 56

« Reply #171 on: April 14, 2011, 05:51:58 PM »

Where is the list of who has bought tickets?  I seem to be having a hard time finding the link. Thanks Jeff

Jeff
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #172 on: April 14, 2011, 05:54:50 PM »

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=11673.0

Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 308

« Reply #173 on: April 14, 2011, 08:11:26 PM »

Just wondering if the numbers will be updated before the drawing??

If it's jammed, force it... If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway...
Neonkiss

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #174 on: April 14, 2011, 11:42:27 PM »

OK,
Just like doing the taxes at the last minute, I just added my entry. POS Computer banghead Pull Hair

Good luck to all   The Wave

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.