Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 03:52:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  Welcome wagon and General Chat (Off-Topic Post Welcome) (Moderator: Ron (r273))
| | |-+  California vendor licensing discussion
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: California vendor licensing discussion  (Read 22263 times)
brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 440

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2011, 04:23:28 AM »

Now you see my point.  arrow

Thanks,
Bill
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2011, 04:54:35 AM »

Now you see my point.  arrow

Yes, but it's still a different type of "license" than the one that discusses the $25K per year rule.  money

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2011, 07:01:24 AM »

Huh?

I guess you didn't see my point.

Thanks,
Bill
StatFreak

« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2011, 09:27:50 AM »

Huh?

Tongue Out rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao

That the wording of the laws is conflicting, confusing, and somewhat nonsensical? Weird Eyes

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2011, 04:06:53 PM »

Huh?

Tongue Out rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao

That the wording of the laws is conflicting, confusing, and somewhat nonsensical? Weird Eyes

Now you're cooking with gas!  applause

As are most California laws... We even have a new law that is aimed at making motorcycles quiet, but rather than relying on the multitude of existing laws with the same goal that rely on the sound level emitted by the mufflers, the new law relies on the presence of a marking affixed to the muffler instead. loser

Considering that there are many motorcycles that have no part of the muffler visible without serious disassembly of the vehicle, it will be interesting to see the police officers in California attending motorcycle mechanic classes, carrying around a full complement of tools, and spending 45 minutes or so stripping bikes by the side of the road so they can write a $10 fix-it ticket.  rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao

BTW, last time I looked, sound meters were cheap and portable, costing about $40 for a dedicated unit. Heck, I paid $70 for mine and it's a high end model with Min/Max/Avg readings, as well as options for fast/slow response time and both A and C weightings. yes propeller

Oh, and I prefer to use the word contradictory rather than conflicting when referring to California laws. stir the pot / get cooking

Thanks,
Bill
StatFreak

« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2011, 08:11:31 PM »

BTW, last time I looked, sound meters were cheap and portable, costing about $40 for a dedicated unit. Heck, I paid $70 for mine and it's a high end model with Min/Max/Avg readings, as well as options for fast/slow response time and both A and C weightings. yes propeller

I have two: the older mechanical one and the digital one. The digital one has all of those extra features while the mechanical one is a bit easier to read in real time. They're the plastic gray rectangular hand-helds that taper to a metal cylinder in front where the microphone is housed. I bought the cheaper S#^t sHACK versions, but they are made by another company who just slaps the unreal i-Stick label on them. I used to know who made them, but CRS strikes again. Tongue Out

reho33
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 146

Slot Losers of America / Tokie Owens

« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2011, 08:49:39 PM »

I didn't mean for this to become a discussion on legalities but I guess it has. But there are certain realities that are in play here:
1) The laws exist but are rarely enforced.
2) No one knows how to "properly" interpret the laws
3) If you ask everyone what the law covers, you will get 10,000 equally confusing answers.
4) As a result, no one gives 2 craps about what is in the CA statutes regarding slot ownership.
5) Most other people in other slot restricted states feel the same and act accordingly
6) The only case I ever heard of was the NM case ( which you can search the Internet for ) and the homeowner won.
7) Stop worrying and enjoy your hobby, nuff said!
       Now go out and get some medical marijuana, play your slot , and have your.357 (I Mean Uzi) close by.

** NOTE: The information contained in any of my posts relating to slot machine ownership and use is information that I have gathered from publicly known sources correspondingly under the same protections of Free Speech governed under the Laws of the United States and Canada and is for informational use only. As is my Constitutional Right under United States and Canadian Laws the redistribution of said information is considered a form of free speech. Using this information in the United States or Canada to conduct illegal gambling in states/provinces where it is unlawful has been declared against the law in those states/jurisdictions and as such I do not advocate the illegal use of such information under both the United States and Canadian Laws. All references and examples of personal experiences are hypothetical in nature, and it is up to you to determine if the information presented is applicable to your situation or not**
brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2011, 10:49:25 PM »

Now go out and get some medical marijuana, play your slot , and have your.357 (I Mean Uzi) close by.

It's obvious you've never been to California... You can't have an Uzi here.  Tongue Out bust gut laughing

Thanks,
Bill
reho33
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2011, 11:44:06 PM »

I have been.........3 times as a matter of fact. Assault weapons are not part of the mix. But for your own curiosity, scan the local CL for CA cities and I'll bet that you will come up with a few S2000's and S+'s for sale.

** NOTE: The information contained in any of my posts relating to slot machine ownership and use is information that I have gathered from publicly known sources correspondingly under the same protections of Free Speech governed under the Laws of the United States and Canada and is for informational use only. As is my Constitutional Right under United States and Canadian Laws the redistribution of said information is considered a form of free speech. Using this information in the United States or Canada to conduct illegal gambling in states/provinces where it is unlawful has been declared against the law in those states/jurisdictions and as such I do not advocate the illegal use of such information under both the United States and Canadian Laws. All references and examples of personal experiences are hypothetical in nature, and it is up to you to determine if the information presented is applicable to your situation or not**
brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2011, 12:26:58 AM »

I have been.........3 times as a matter of fact. Assault weapons are not part of the mix. But for your own curiosity, scan the local CL for CA cities and I'll bet that you will come up with a few S2000's and S+'s for sale.

Yup, and I'd not want to bet a lot that these practices continue. Have you been here since 2008?

Thanks,
Bill
reho33
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2011, 02:38:47 AM »

No, last time I was there was 1990

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2011, 02:50:42 AM »

I was there 2 weeks after 9/11.
Boy, plane tickets were cheap back then...
I think I flew from Montreal to San Diego and back for like $280?

I didn't see anybody carrying UZI's in the streets though.... Tongue Out
brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2011, 03:23:22 AM »

Well, California, being the bastion of liberality that it is, has spent itself into financial ruin decade over decade, and  the chickens have come home to roost.

Therefore, California has decided that law enforcements' secondary responsibility is the public safety, and the first order of business is the generation of revenue. Accordingly, infractions and misdemeanors are being pursued with renewed vigor, and maximum fines are being offered as plea deals, with the threat of jail time being used as the stick. Code violations are through the roof (think fence and shrubbery height violations, along with other nitpicky crap), and the smallest violations are now bringing the maximum fines allowable by law.

I thought it a strange coincidence you mentioned slot machines and Craigslist, as I know of two individuals caught up in this situation right now. Turns out municipalities are trolling these types of sites looking for illegal activities, whether it be trafficking in ferrets, or any other disallowed objects.

Thanks,
Bill
brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2011, 03:29:29 AM »

I didn't see anybody carrying UZI's in the streets though.... Tongue Out

That's because you didn't go to any of the gang-infested areas.  Don't TAZE me Bro!

The only people allowed to possess Uzis in CA are certified gangbangers, and that's because it's too dangerous to go after them. So, they look for John Q. Public to run afoul of any of the myriad contradictory laws and hammer them into submission with the requisite newspaper and TV/radio hoopla to make it appear that they're hard at work reducing crime.

Here's a funny video for your entertainment:

http://redux.com/stream/item/1944851/SFPD-Robot-Drops-Runs-Over-Grenade-on-Live-TV

Thanks,
Bill
StatFreak

« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2011, 04:02:20 AM »

For those without any patience, start watching at 2:55 to see the robot drop the grenade, and at 3:40 to watch the robot drive over it.  arrow  Weird Eyes  Duh! loser

StatFreak

« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2011, 04:04:18 AM »

Well, California, being the bastion of liberality that it is, has spent itself into financial ruin decade over decade, and  the chickens have come home to roost.

Therefore, California has decided that law enforcements' secondary responsibility is the public safety, and the first order of business is the generation of revenue. Accordingly, infractions and misdemeanors are being pursued with renewed vigor, and maximum fines are being offered as plea deals, with the threat of jail time being used as the stick. Code violations are through the roof (think fence and shrubbery height violations, along with other nitpicky crap), and the smallest violations are now bringing the maximum fines allowable by law.

I thought it a strange coincidence you mentioned slot machines and Craigslist, as I know of two individuals caught up in this situation right now. Turns out municipalities are trolling these types of sites looking for illegal activities, whether it be trafficking in ferrets, or any other disallowed objects.

Regarding the state of affairs in California, I couldn't have said it better than Brichter, so I will only add that he's hit the nail on the head.  Hail applause applause

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2011, 12:48:28 PM »

Robot assistant operator: "Uh...Joe? What was that bump?"
Robot operator Joe: "I think it was a lump of cement on the ground?"
BOOM!
Robo assistant operator: "Nope... "
StatFreak

« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2011, 12:45:40 PM »

Robot assistant operator: "Uh...Joe? What was that bump?"
Robot operator Joe: "I think it was a lump of cement on the ground?"
BOOM!
Robo assistant operator: "Nope... "

As I watched the video, I wondered how the performance of the news actors  - er - reporters, would have been affected had the grenade had exploded right then and there. Duh! knockout
Still, gotta love them catching the incompetent bumbling of the bomb squad in a live broadcast. Thumbs Down

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2011, 12:56:29 PM »

You'd have to pull the pin and lift the handle to activate it.
I'd imagine you can throw a grenade up in the air and
let it fall to the pavement without blowing up.

I wouldn't bank on it though... rotflmao
StatFreak

« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2011, 01:13:50 PM »

I lived in a room with an emptied "pineapple" grenade used as a decoration, and I wouldn't want to be anywhere near one when it exploded. I've also handled a couple of live ones...  Scratch Head 3

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2011, 04:04:48 PM »

Boy, I hope nobody comes here looking for California Vendor licensing information
because all they're going to get is a full-blown discussion on hand grenades... bust gut laughing >>>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/z9Bk-Mtwhag&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/z9Bk-Mtwhag&rel=0</a>
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 04:15:18 PM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2011, 07:31:06 PM »

That depends on the age and type, many explosive compounds become unstable as they age.

Thanks,
Bill
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2011, 07:48:19 PM »

That depends on the age and type, many explosive compounds old guys become unstable as they age.

I HAD to do it!   Crazy
brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2011, 10:53:45 PM »

That depends on the age and type, many explosive compounds old guys become unstable as they age.

I HAD to do it!   Crazy

So, from your first-hand experience as an old guy, at what age did ths set in on you?  Scratch Head

Cry Laughing Cry Laughing

Thanks,
Bill
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2011, 03:28:44 AM »

oops mistake post
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.