Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 06:17:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  BV ?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: BV ?  (Read 6099 times)
motom67
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1

« on: February 15, 2011, 02:36:35 AM »

DBV 200 for IGT S+ game slant top.

I'm having a couple problems.  The validator sends through straight bills (up, down, head first...) and credits them.  The floppy bills get bent between the bv and transport.  I open the BV door to slide the bill out then put everything back together and close the door.  The BV does not cycle like normal and I tinker with the fuses, doors, locks, optics, etc...  Eventually I get it to work until I put in another floppy bill on accident.   Sometimes I undo the power and other connectors.  Then I go through the same cherade.  I'm wondering if there is a reset for the BV so its forced to cycle or if there is a reset time out?  Usually I am able to put coins in but unable to put bills in. 
poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 03:03:39 AM »

Ok, it sounds like there may be two problems. the first (the jamming bills) may be due to needing to clean the BV and transport belts. I've had good luck with a product called 'Belt-Ease' found at automotive stores. Don't get it on the BV optics.

As for the second part, can you give more details (i.e. is the candle flashing)?  Does the BV bezel stay off? I ask because there is a setting on some SP chips to disable the BV on a BV tilts. However they should all clear once you have opened and closed the door, so that is probably not the problem.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, just clearing a jammed bill does not make the BV cycle. You can always force a cycle by pulling the cash can out and re-inserting it.
motom67
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 03:31:49 AM »

I need to give it a good cleaning!  I'm going to try that Belt-Ease.  Does that just go on the bels or the gears as well? 
2nd part:  No candle flashing.  The Bezel just stays off.  The bezel has power  but the lights that stay on when its ready for a bill does not come on.  I've tried reinserting the cash can.  The unit makes a quick microsecond cycle.  When I turn the power on and off it makes that same short cycle sound. 
poppo

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 03:40:52 AM »

I need to give it a good cleaning!  I'm going to try that Belt-Ease.  Does that just go on the bels or the gears as well? 

Just the belts. Use it in a a well ventilated area. I usually spray some in the can lid and then use some q-tips to clean the belts. Alcohol will work too, but this seems to last longer. Don't get alcohol on the optics either. 

Are you pulling the transport out when it jams? If so, be sure it is seated properly or it will act up and not enable.
motom67
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 03:50:34 AM »

I hesitate to screw everything together... ie. housing to the frame, bezel to the bv, transport to the housing because I have to take it all appart after several bills.  I try to seat it properly.  I have everything screwed into the housing and wires appear to be good.  How does one normally take out a limp bill without taking out the housing.  I want to bolt it in but I'm hesitant.
poppo

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 04:10:57 AM »

I hesitate to screw everything together... ie. housing to the frame, bezel to the bv, transport to the housing because I have to take it all appart after several bills.  I try to seat it properly.  I have everything screwed into the housing and wires appear to be good.  How does one normally take out a limp bill without taking out the housing.  I want to bolt it in but I'm hesitant.

Not sure if a slant top is exactly the same, but if the bill is stuck near the front, all you do is pull back the lever and then pull the top of the head back and up as shown in the first picture. On an upright, this can be done without removing anything.

If the bill is stuck in the transport, you may need to pull the transport out. Then push forward on that rod and lift the top as shown in the second picture.

There should be no need to be taking anything else apart.

BTW, this is how you get to the belts (and rollers) to clean them.

* bv jam 1.jpg (366.3 KB, 1480x1632 - viewed 339 times.)

* bv jam 2.jpg (335.42 KB, 1420x1608 - viewed 317 times.)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 04:22:47 AM by poppo » Logged
motom67
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 04:32:31 AM »

I did not know that they opened up like that.  Thank you!  So I can get in there without having to open everything up. 
 Duh!
What do you think about opening and closing the door and the BV resetting itself?  Do you think it might be the wires being pulled and bad connections?
poppo

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 04:40:52 AM »

What do you think about opening and closing the door and the BV resetting itself?  Do you think it might be the wires being pulled and bad connections?

Not sure. I think it may depend on what you are doing. Simply opening and closing the door on my upright does not do anything. But you may have a cherry switch or something that may cause it to cycle. If it does it every time, I would not worry about it. If it does it sometimes, you may have a wire issue. Keep an eye on that 4 pin connector on the right side of the head. That is for the cash can optics. If it gets wiggled and not making good connection it may cause the short cycle like when you pull out the cash can. On a upright there is a small metal plate to keep the door from catching on the cables.
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2011, 10:46:00 AM »

Poppo, after reading this thread I'm still not convinced that your first thought about the software setting to turn off the dbv on error should be dismissed without checking.

motom67, I realize that you said that the candle does not flash, but just for giggles, please check this setting [16] and see if it's set to 1. If so, set it to 0. It's certainly worth a quick check.

Stat garfield

From both the SP 731 and SP1271 PSRs:

Page 0 options (starting at either "2  n" or "5  n", and turning the JP reset key to get to option 16)
Bill Acceptor Tilt
Mode Selection <0> [16]

This page is displayed only if the bill acceptor is enabled.
Determines how bill acceptor tilts are handled. If set to no tilt
{0), game play continues. If set to soft tilt { 1 ), game play
continues and the tilt lamp flashes until the tilt is cleared. Soft
tilts can be cleared by a valid bill transaction, by closing the door,
by entering the self test mode, by entering the display meters
function in the statistical data mode, or by playing door open
games.
If set to hard tilt (21, the bill acceptor is disabled, game
play halts, and the tilt lamp flashes until the tilt is cleared. Hard
tilts are cleared by closing the main door.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
poppo

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2011, 11:43:46 AM »

Poppo, after reading this thread I'm still not convinced that your first thought about the software setting to turn off the dbv on error should be dismissed without checking.

Yes, certainly worth a check. But the way I read the PSR, opening and closing the door would clear the tilts. And since he is already opening it to get the stuck bill out, I figured it 'should' clear.
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2011, 12:42:10 PM »

Yes, certainly worth a check. But the way I read the PSR, opening and closing the door would clear the tilts. And since he is already opening it to get the stuck bill out, I figured it 'should' clear.

It's a bit of a long shot, but it's so easy to check -- and it could save a long trail of posts and hassles.  Tongue Out

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
motom67
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2011, 02:12:48 PM »

I'll work on the settings for lunch.  Another question came up...  I've read several places that error codes come up on the machine when the bv goes whacko.  Will this setting be able to give me codes that I am able to see and know what exactly needs to be fixed?   Nerd
poppo

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2011, 02:18:12 PM »

I'll work on the settings for lunch.  Another question came up...  I've read several places that error codes come up on the machine when the bv goes whacko.  Will this setting be able to give me codes that I am able to see and know what exactly needs to be fixed?   Nerd

Check out this on error codes and solutions

http://www.newlifegames.net/igterrors/
motom67
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2011, 10:27:04 PM »

Everything is working good.  Thank you all

The only thing I'm missing now is another BV Mount for my other slant top.  I'm not positive the Mounting piece is the same for my slant top as it is for the uprights as it is for my slant top.  Any suggestions on where I can find one?
poppo

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2011, 11:26:59 PM »

The only thing I'm missing now is another BV Mount for my other slant top.  I'm not positive the Mounting piece is the same for my slant top as it is for the uprights as it is for my slant top.  Any suggestions on where I can find one?

Just what parts are you missing? Perhaps a picture of what you currently have will help.
motom67
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2011, 11:47:53 PM »

Here are two pics.  Demensions are 12" (11 & 7/8") x 8.5" x 4.5".

* 031.JPG (442.87 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 365 times.)

* 032.JPG (420.2 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 338 times.)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.