Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:01:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  How to use IGT S+ game kits in an IGT S2000 machine
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How to use IGT S+ game kits in an IGT S2000 machine  (Read 43180 times)
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2011, 05:10:44 PM »

Your newer chips are missing the "M" ?  arrow
brianfink
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 20

« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2011, 06:39:41 PM »

sorry the full number is m27c64a-10f1 58800 0501k
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2011, 07:42:01 PM »

I can help you if you can provide the name of the SS chip and it's corresponding checksum.
But on your own, have you validated the checksums to see if they match?
brianfink
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2011, 06:18:29 PM »

i can provide the checksum and ss numbers for u on monday i out of the area for the weekend but im kind of a newby at this and im not really sure what a checksum means thou i see it come up on my auto id screen what was it i need to verify exactly
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 79

« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2011, 07:07:02 PM »

Anyone know if the S2000 setup as described in this thread with enhanced sound will support the song selection for the S+ coral reef game?   Will the songs sound the same or be 'enhanced'?  

I am not sure on this. but since there is no way to chose the song selection and that newer S+ Game chips did not support songs , I would say no it will not play the songs. But I am doing a game change on Saturday and I will pop in a Corel Reef chip and see what it does to be sure if no one chimes in before then

I put a Corel Reef chip in and it plays "Your in the Money"
brianfink
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2011, 03:16:47 PM »

I did some compareing between ss chips that will and will not work in an s2000 and I think the vpp must be at least 12.75v to work. and ive had success with 200nanosecond chips and 512 chips. If anyone thinks this is wrong please let me know. And thanks for the help stayouttadabunker. 
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2011, 10:28:12 PM »

Vpp has nothing to do with normal operation in the S2000 or the S+ for that matter.

Vpp is for the Programming Voltage needed to program the chip, not used when in a S+ or S2000.

You must use 120ns or faster or they will not work (ok maybe you can get an occasional 200ns or 150ns to work but that would be an exception.
That is what IGT set the specs at, if you do not want to have the machine say your SS chip is invalid stick to 120ns or faster (100ns is more than fast enough)

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
haaswood
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2011, 08:00:49 AM »

So in reading this -- the glass is "compatible"... my question is --

I have an older S+ that has the credit/display on the right side of the reel glass, not underneath.  Similar to how most reel glass for the S2000 (on eBay for example) looks.

Are they compatible -- can I purchase one of these S2000 reel glasses to replace my old one?  I had picked up a game kit (ten times pay) to replace an older game which had a light blue/yellow color scheme -- major mismatch.

Visually they look "close".

Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2011, 03:13:31 PM »

The S2000 setup with the player display to right of the 3rd reel uses a short reel glass.
The display is not covered by glass even though it looks like a single piece of glass.
Also I believe most of them if not all have a hole for the Printer.

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2011, 05:03:55 PM »

I think his question is if the dimensions are the same for an S2000 "short" reel glass versus the early S+ short reel glass where the credit display was to the right of the reels instead of below it.

I don't know the dimensions of either of the pieces of glass to be able to help you with that.  I can tell you, however, that the S2000 short glass would have the blue cutout for the VFD (blue display) below the reels, which would look odd in an S+.  I think you'd be better off posting a WTB ad in the classifieds section looking for a generic S+ shorter reel glass rather than trying to make the S2000 one work, even if they are the same size (which I don't know if they are or not).

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2011, 05:45:25 AM »

Okay, I just saw a piece of early S+ reel glass -- I didn't realize that the glass actually extended over the credit display to the right of the reels (and is the same size as a later S+ reel glass) -- I thought it was shorter, like the short reel glass on an S2000.  Sorry for the mistake and confusion.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
reho33
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 146

Slot Losers of America / Tokie Owens

« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2011, 12:44:36 AM »

On Flea-baey there is a seller selling a piece of "M" slot glass and saying it's for an S2000, look at it, no way, not with the display in the middle.

** NOTE: The information contained in any of my posts relating to slot machine ownership and use is information that I have gathered from publicly known sources correspondingly under the same protections of Free Speech governed under the Laws of the United States and Canada and is for informational use only. As is my Constitutional Right under United States and Canadian Laws the redistribution of said information is considered a form of free speech. Using this information in the United States or Canada to conduct illegal gambling in states/provinces where it is unlawful has been declared against the law in those states/jurisdictions and as such I do not advocate the illegal use of such information under both the United States and Canadian Laws. All references and examples of personal experiences are hypothetical in nature, and it is up to you to determine if the information presented is applicable to your situation or not**
haaswood
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2011, 01:11:47 AM »

On Flea-baey there is a seller selling a piece of "M" slot glass and saying it's for an S2000, look at it, no way, not with the display in the middle.

That is what prompted my asking -- there are a number on flea-bay that look the part but say S2000 -- so I started searching and became more confused.  Am I to understand that S2000 only uses the short reel glass (with right display) or glass with the credits on the bottom?  If so, I should be good to go on finding reel glass in more appropriate colors for kits than what is on there.

Thanks everyone.  I love this place!

Unfortunately I am too easily distracted -- so I get into the slots for a while then other projects in a vicious cycle.  I'm back on the slots for now.  Smiley
reho33
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 146

Slot Losers of America / Tokie Owens

« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2011, 01:14:20 AM »

S2000 glass whether long or short is always ID'ed by the square window on the left for the VFD display, even the slant glass is this way.

** NOTE: The information contained in any of my posts relating to slot machine ownership and use is information that I have gathered from publicly known sources correspondingly under the same protections of Free Speech governed under the Laws of the United States and Canada and is for informational use only. As is my Constitutional Right under United States and Canadian Laws the redistribution of said information is considered a form of free speech. Using this information in the United States or Canada to conduct illegal gambling in states/provinces where it is unlawful has been declared against the law in those states/jurisdictions and as such I do not advocate the illegal use of such information under both the United States and Canadian Laws. All references and examples of personal experiences are hypothetical in nature, and it is up to you to determine if the information presented is applicable to your situation or not**
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2011, 11:59:57 AM »

For NLG general information!   S+  versus  S-2000  Glass  interchangeability :   
The S+  DID have a short reel  glass,  these were on after market add on bill acceptors  machines. Typically Western Money Systems add-ons.
after that there were two types of "long  glass"  that was used. The first was the type with the display on the right side, the second type had the display along the bottom and to the left. NEITHER OF THESE CAN BE USED ON A S-2000.

For normal type games, 9", 16" and Roundtop: the award , the belly glass is the same size  and can be interchanged between the two.
the reel glass is different, two types  a short glass, and a long glass. the short glass typically has a display and a hole for the ticket printer, requires a short VFD display and the cable to power/data runs atop the door.  and a display itself. if the ticket printer is mounted in the top box then you need a blank plate to cover hole.
the long glass requires  the combined display unit, both the VFD and Digital LEDS display are in one piece and match the long glass openings for the Digital LEDS display. it typically has a sign to INSERT DOLLAR BILLS BELOW/ arrow, and the power/data harness runs under the buttons.

to change between the two types of reel glass  requires additional parts and reconfiguration.

Hope this clears up the issue.

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
brianfink
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2011, 01:38:48 PM »

ok so the conversion works great backlit reels and enhanced sound work but when i hit a single cherry all three reels light up is there any way to change this
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2011, 11:40:50 PM »

...is there any way to change this?

1). Short answer....No.

2). Long answer...pull the bulbs out...but you will NOT have ANY back lit lamps. arrow
I suspect that you do NOT have the correct chip.
Does it pay out correctly?
It seems that the machine is making all the lamps on winning line light up.
Is this normal behavior?
I don't know... Scratch Head
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 11:46:02 PM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2011, 02:30:08 AM »

Is this normal behavior?

Yeah.  Poor programming on IGT's part.  Your short answer was correct.

OhioGaming
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 297

« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2011, 09:44:32 PM »

Image has S2000 short and long reel glass for an upright machine.

* S2000 Long Short Reel Glass.jpg (311.74 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 586 times.)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 09:54:02 PM by OhioGaming » Logged
angryninjas
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 147

« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2013, 03:19:15 PM »

Trying to install an S Plus game in my S2000 with a legacy board.  This is my first time using a legacy board, as my previous game had an R board.  Obviously the legacy board is different that the board displayed at the beginning of this thread... can anyone tell me where the chips go?  I'm assuming the chip marked "BASE" goes in the legacy slot marked "BASE", but not sure about the game and reel chips from my S Plus.  Which slots would those go in?  I have slots marked BASE, GM1, GM2, GM3, GM4, VS and SS.  My R board (and currently installed s2000 game) has a BASE and a BOOT chip, and my S Plus has a GAME and REEL chip. 
CVslots

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2013, 03:32:43 PM »

Base - SB chip
GME 1 - SG 1 of 2
GME 2 - SG 2 of 2
VS - Version Chip
SS - SS Chip from S+

Edit: You will also need a DSP chip in the DSP socket.

(SP is not used)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 03:39:38 PM by CVslots » Logged

angryninjas
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2013, 04:02:54 PM »

Thanks, I think thats where I'm getting confused.  I have a DSP chip, so I'm good there.  I don't think I have an SG chip (not even one, much less 2) and no version chip?  Here are pics of what I have, the first is my R board that came out of my working s2000, with the 2 chips installed in it, the second pic is the blank legacy board that I have, with just the DSP chip in it.  Not pictured are my 2 chips from my s plus (game and reel).  Am I missing something, or do I not have the right chips to install my s plus game in my s2000?

cowboygames
Abbys Dad

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2013, 04:05:57 PM »

Yep, if you tell us what theme you're trying to use we'll direct you to the correct SG, vs and base chips you neex
angryninjas
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2013, 04:15:28 PM »

Ah, ok, I thought I could just use my existing base chip from the s2000, and pop in the game and reel chips from my s plus kits... guess that's not the case?  No theme wanted in particular yet, I was just trying to see if I could get any of my S plus kits to work in my S2000.  I have a double jackpot haywire kit, a 5 coin triple diamond kit, and a 5x pay kit.  The S2000 currently has a white ice 2x3x4x 25 line kit.  Didn't realize I would have to buy additional chips on top of the legacy board and dsp chip. 
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2013, 04:52:30 PM »

The only chip you can use from an s+ kit in an s2000 is the ss chip. All other chips need to be s2000, ie: SG, VS and base chip. The base chip you'll need will be an SB001000. It works as the bridge for your ss chip. A commonly used alternative is to get the proper S2000 SB chip to eliminate the need for the S+ SS chip. Very few S+ themes were not also available in an S2000 chip set. And here again, once we know what theme you want to run we can direct you to a compatible S2000 chip set. The biggest advantage to the S2000 chips is the ability to have enhanced sounds with the use of a sound simm. If you aren't interested in using a sound simm then the DSPL2 chip is not required as it is the bridge for the sound simm to the legacy adapter.

Are you thoroughly confused yet? LOL!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.