Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:36:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Progressive Controllers, Displays and Slot Toppers
| |-+  TOP THIS!!! Slot Topper Topic!
| | |-+  New Topper Installed On IGT S2000 Machine No Chaser Lights Working!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Topper Installed On IGT S2000 Machine No Chaser Lights Working!  (Read 14850 times)
freebird4
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 109

« on: February 26, 2011, 07:33:05 PM »

I have installed a new topper on my S2000 machine and only internal light works, none of the chaser lights work. Help
I have attached a couple of pictures showing what I currently have plugged in.
Topper works great on my two I-Game machines.
Also have replace board with no change.

Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks,

Freebird4

* 100_1587.JPG (162.89 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 454 times.)

* 100_1589.JPG (168.92 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 497 times.)
cruisepl
PGFD (Ret.)
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 33

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 07:55:01 PM »

Try a different power socket, your not getting enough juice through your orange wire to the topper.  Topper wires red and a black run the flourescents. orange and a black run the LEDs

Someone has to be stupid enough to run into a burning building when everyone else is running out !!
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 79

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 08:15:31 PM »

I have installed a new topper on my S2000 machine and only internal light works, none of the chaser lights work. Help
I have attached a couple of pictures showing what I currently have plugged in.
Topper works great on my two I-Game machines.
Also have replace board with no change.

Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks,

Freebird4

Get out your multi meter and tell us the voltage between the orange and black wire going to the topper
cruisepl
PGFD (Ret.)
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 33

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 08:39:17 PM »

Get out your multi meter and tell us the voltage between the orange and black wire going to the topper

If you look at your power block, each plug has space for four wires top left is red,  top right is black for the flourescents 13 volts  bottom left is for the orange wire and bottom right for the other black  25 volts needed here for the chaser lights.   Get them mixed up and you will know pretty quick when you blow the power supply
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 08:10:32 PM by cruisepl » Logged

Someone has to be stupid enough to run into a burning building when everyone else is running out !!
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2011, 08:48:59 PM »

If you look at your power block, each plug has space for four wires top left is red,  top right is black for the flourescents 5 volts  bottom left is for the orange wire and bottom right for the other black  25 volts needed here for the chaser lights.   Get them mixed up and you will know pretty quick when you blow the power supply

By his picture above he is wired correctly, just need to know if the voltage is there?
Magicslots
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 62

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2011, 08:59:30 PM »

Check the mini plug on the back of the led board to make sure it is plugged in tight... Scratch Head

"Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has no heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains."  (Sir Winston Churchill)
freebird4
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2011, 09:10:36 PM »

Thanks for all of the suggestion's!!

I will check tonight and let you what the the voltage is, must take the wife out to eat before I'm in big trouble!

Freebird4
Ron (r273)
NLG Welcome Wagon & General Chat
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 401

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2011, 11:06:24 PM »

I too have just put on a topper on my S-2000 today. freebird4 show it on J4 when it
should be to the right on J3.

Ron (r273)
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2011, 11:25:17 PM »

I too have just put on a topper on my S-2000 today. freebird4 show it on J4 when it

Ron (r273)

J2, J3 and J4 are identical. All three will work. I just plugged my topper into all three and they all worked. Thats not it
Ron (r273)
NLG Welcome Wagon & General Chat
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 401

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2011, 11:32:52 PM »

Ron (r273)

J2, J3 and J4 are identical. All three will work. I just plugged my topper into all three and they all worked. Thats not it

Duh!  never tried that, thanks coorslight115   applause

Ron (r273)
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2011, 12:27:19 AM »

Orange wire is +25VDC
Black with orange tracer is AGND or ground for +25V (note actually AGND and BGND are tied together somepleace)
Red is +13VDC
Black wth Red tracer is BGND

+25V is for flourescents
+13V is for the LEDs and Spectrum II if topper has one.

I would check the fuse on the board and also +5 output on U2 Pin 5 (the only chip that has 5 pins.)
IF I remember right they are arranged this way.

1   5
3   4

Yes it is very tiny part, since it only has to run a small PIC.
The LED current is handled by Q1 and Q2.

You can also check for voltage across each cap
C1 is 13V DC
C2 and C3 is 5V DC
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 12:36:52 AM by Foster » Logged

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
freebird4
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2011, 02:09:15 AM »

Well, I got home! I checked the voltage, no reading at all! Guess I have some other problems somewhere! Maybe I need another mother board and power supply not for sure what I need to fix this problem. This topper has been more of a problem than it's worth!!
NLG members lead me the right way as usual!  Scratch Head

Thanks, Richard
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2011, 03:24:29 AM »

Richard,
Where is the power coming from to your topper chase lights?
The small rectangular shaped power distribution board on the topbox backwall?
If so, is there any power coming out of those headers when you checked with a multimeter?

I would definitely follow Foster's suggestions for checking out the power... propeller
it is a very good post on the topbox power going to the chasers... yes
freebird4
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2011, 04:27:24 PM »

Thanks for all the good information NLG members applause I will do some more checking per advise given in the posts.

Thanks, Freebird4
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2011, 08:01:31 PM »

If you look at your power block, each plug has space for four wires top left is red,  top right is black for the flourescents 13 volts  bottom left is for the orange wire and bottom right for the other black  25 volts needed here for the chaser lights.   Get them mixed up and you will know pretty quick when you blow the power supply

Kinda like you just did?  wave

Burning Resistor

25 VDC goes to the fluorescent ballast.  13 VDC goes to the chaser lights.  If you fed those chaser lights 25 volts, I strongly suspect you'd see smoke coming out of them (although they'd be really bright for a second or so!).

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
freebird4
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2011, 12:28:30 AM »

Well I have given up on getting the topper to work on this machine.

Guess I have other problems elsewhere. No reading on plug for topper!

Thanks for all of the input from the NLG Pro's.

Freebird4
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2011, 12:33:43 AM »

Rich,
I 'd take a gander at Rudy Deal's...I think I saw some chaser lights for sale there.

Or

Give Nicole a call...I'm sure they'd be glad to help you.
It appears that you may have sent too much voltage to the chasers?
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2011, 12:53:24 AM »

Freebird,

Have you tried operating the chaser light board from 13V available elsewhere in the machine?

freebird4
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2011, 03:23:42 AM »

Foster I don't know how to do that! Wish I did!

Freebird4
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2011, 06:38:36 AM »

Do you have a small 12V-13V power supply?
If so you can use it to test the chaser light board.

Dissemble the topper so you can get to the chaser lights, if you need to.

When looking at the connector on the board, you can leave the wire plugged in to help you note the polarity of the connector (latch side is negative)
You have 2 pins in it the pin on the latch side is the negative pin (black wire), the other pin is the positive (red)
IGT likes to use the latch side on most 2 pin connectors as the negative side. I wonder if that is a standard outside IGT.

Now this is critical if you are using a wall wart or a PS test the PS for proper voltage and so you know the polarity of the supply.
Then once you know the polarity of the power supply you are using. just use a couple of wires to connect just the chase light board to the power supply.
I would not do the testing with the chaser light board in the topper. your workbench would be best.

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2011, 06:32:24 PM »

I would not do the testing with the chaser light board on
your lap wearing shorts... your workbench would be best.

I agree with this entirely...
Working with electronics on your lap makes your legs tingly...   arrow

ok ok...I rearranged a couple words....lol  It's Friday!  bust gut laughing  Cheer Leader Jumping for Joey
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2011, 01:53:56 AM »

Hopefully you did not blow up your power supply  and  topper .   for future reference for people looking for power taps or just trying to test your power supply outputs, here are the specs for the power distribution board that is located in the top box of most  s-2000 machines. If you suspect that your power supply is not working this is a great place to test the two major outputs from the power supply. They are +25 vdc and +13 volts dc.  All solid orange wires and black with a orange tracer carry +25vdc.  All solid red wires and black with a red tracer carry +13vdc.  these voltages can be tested here while the power supply  is under a load condition.  the power comes in from the power supply,through the connector on the feed through connector up to J-1 on the top right of the Power distribution board. pin 1=+25vdc, pin2= bground, pin3= 13vdc, pin4= aground . the power is distributed from this connector to the following: the top three plugs  labeled 25pwr1,25pwr2,25pwr3,and 25pwr4 located on the top left hand side.  the + and - signs indicate the polarity. All four of these are in parallel, these supply only 25 vdc.  the next  three plugs  labeled  pwr1,pwr2,pwr3  provide both voltages.  the top two pins on each plug provide 13 vdc.  the bottom pins provide 25vdc.  observe the polarity signs.  all three of these are in parallel . the bottom four plugs are also in parallel. they are J-8 netplex input, J-6 netplex 1, J-10 netplex 2, J-11 netplex 3.   If I were you I would unplug the plug J-1 from the power distribution board and check your two voltages there. If they are good then reconnect and test at all the individual plug, you could have a trace burned up on the board.
Hope this helps,

Jim

* DSCF0201.JPG (313.56 KB, 1280x960 - viewed 392 times.)

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.