Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 14, 2024, 09:13:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  My S+ shows code 21?
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: My S+ shows code 21?  (Read 12064 times)
mike paris
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 2

« on: March 04, 2011, 01:55:43 PM »

I know it could be the optic board, but the comparator and optic board do not seem to be getting power?  Everything else works.  The light on the coin comparator does not come on?  Is it supposed to?  I'm new at this.  Thanks Mike Paris
Magicslots
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 62

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 01:59:18 PM »

Unplug and replug your wiring harness to make sure it is securely plugged in.  Welcome to the disease
that is slot collecting!   Crazy

"Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has no heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains."  (Sir Winston Churchill)
mike paris

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 02:23:12 PM »

Thanks, I tried reseating every plug i saw in the machine, and even reseated the computer board.  Mike
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 02:44:39 PM »

Have you checked where the comparitor pigtail plugs into the door harness behind the comparitor bracket?
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 02:46:04 PM »

The light on the CC only comes on when the optics see that the door is closed.
If you want to see the light come on, pull the CC out of the holder, open the belly door and hold the CC from outside of the machine.

or

look through the unused belly door lock keyhole from the side of machine... rotflmao
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2011, 08:34:48 PM »

The light on the CC only comes on when the optics see that the door is closed.
Agree with Post

This.  You'll typically never see the light on, on your comparator.

Also, a bad comparator will not cause a 21 error.  The issue is in your coin-in optics (which are located just below the comparator).

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
mike paris

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2011, 08:11:48 PM »

So, i finally changed the optics with used tested ones that work, and it still comes up with error 21??  I am new at this, is there anything i missed?  Thanks Mike
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2011, 11:10:28 PM »

Is this a continuation of this thread?  If so, we'll add this post to the thread -- it won't do anyone any good to start a new thread that doesn't contain all of the information about the situation.

As far as the optics, which optics did you change out?  The door optics, or the coin-in optics located directly below the coin comparator?  Do you have a different MPU board you can try to make sure the problem isn't within your MPU board?

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
mike paris

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2011, 11:39:31 PM »

Sorry, yes it's the same thread, still trying to figure out the forum.  I changed the coin-in optics?  That was what everyone said error 21 was.  Thanks Mike
mike paris

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2011, 11:41:08 PM »

Also, no, i don't have another mpu board, could that be the problem?  If so, are they cheap?  I would move this thread to the old one but do not know how.  Thanks Mike
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2011, 12:33:58 AM »

We'll get the thread merged.  It could be the MPU board, but I'd like for some other folks to offer their opinions.  I seem to recall Jim suggesting cutting off a component of the optics that is problematic, but I'm not sure if that's a solution to the issue you're experiencing or not.  MPU boards run about $20 plus shipping, and even if it winds up not being the issue, it's not a bad idea to have a spare.  Again, though, I'd wait a day or so and see what some other folks think.

Edited to add: Are your door optics working properly?  That is, when you fully close and latch the door, does the display go blank for a second or two, and the three reels spin, then the 21 error comes back?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 12:41:04 AM by knagl » Logged

Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2011, 12:52:22 AM »

The Component you remove is q2 or q4 depending on which version (it is a transistor and not a phototransistor)

I think it usually in the middle of the board.

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
mike paris

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2011, 12:58:58 AM »

When i close the door, the display goes blank for a second or two, but then the code pops up, the reels do not spin? 
OhioGaming
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 297

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2011, 01:03:11 AM »

Check to make sure the wiring harness for the coin comparitor is in good condition .. no broken wires .. back connections.
mike paris

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2011, 01:16:48 AM »

All the wires to the comparitor look good.
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2011, 01:28:16 AM »

You need to look at the optic and wires just below the comparator.

The optics usually has a black cover over them, not always though.

mike paris

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2011, 01:32:08 AM »

Changed the coin in optics and checked them with an infrared sensor, all 3 optics work, not very bright, but they work, the old on i changed only had 2 optics working, but they were a little brighter.
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2011, 02:55:36 AM »

Did the replacement solve the issue?

mike paris

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2011, 03:12:29 AM »

No, still comes up with error 21.  I can turn it off and on, and o comes up on the display, then it goes straight to 21?
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2011, 03:46:34 AM »

It could be that you have 2 bad optics

knagl

Kevin

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2011, 04:57:06 AM »

Even with a 21 he should be able to do an optics test, right?  Mike, what is the SP chip in your machine so we can get you directions on how to run the tests for the three optics to figure out what the machine is and isn't seeing?

mike paris

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2011, 01:10:41 PM »

SP1271, are the reels supposed to spin before it gives you the error? Thanks Mike
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2011, 05:38:35 PM »

SP1271, are the reels supposed to spin before it gives you the error?

Not necessarially -- it depends on the error.  I just wanted to make sure that your machine was seeing you close the door (necessary to reset errors), which it appears it is doing correctly as you said that when you latch the door the display goes blank for a couple of seconds before the 21 returns.

Okay, try this to test your optics.  Open the door and press the white Self Test switch (next to or behind the power toggle switch) three times.  The "Coins Played" display should show a "1", and the Winner Paid display should show "10 1" or "10 0".  Remove the comparator, and use a folded piece of paper to break the beam of the optics.  You're testing the "A" optic (the top one) -- its state should change between 1 and 0 as you break the beam's path with your paper.  Turn the jackpot reset key once (Winner Paid should show 11 1 or 11 0).  Perform the same test for the "B" optic.  Turn the jackpot reset key again (12 1 or 12 0), and perform the test again.  Do all three pass?  (Do any of them pass?)  What is shown for each optic (ie. are you getting a solid 1 or 0 for any/each of them?)?

mike paris

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2011, 03:02:52 AM »

Thanks, did the check and only 2 of the 3 work on this board, i bought it from slot depot who said it was tested and working, i just e-mailed them back to see if i can exchange it, so hopefully i can get another and it will fix the problem.  Thanks Mike
mike paris

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2011, 04:18:59 AM »

Got a reply, slot depot said they checked the board and it was working 100%, so he said check for a short or try a different mpu, i dont have another mpu, anyone have a working one for sale, cheap incase thats not the problem?  Thanks Mike
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.