Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 21, 2024, 06:11:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  S2000 Version Chips and Associated Functions
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: S2000 Version Chips and Associated Functions  (Read 11029 times)
reho33
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 146

Slot Losers of America / Tokie Owens

« on: March 08, 2011, 12:23:36 AM »

I just wanted to know if version chips influence functions on an S2000. Case in point: I just picked up an older S2000 with the following chipset: VS008GX0, Stepper SG000084 and Base SB001000. On my other machine (which is newer) I have VS011NX5, Stepper SG00363, and Stepper Base SB100027. There are certain menu functions I can get into on the newer machine that I can't get into on the older one like 7-2-5 (Coinless Mode), 7-2-2 (Printer E/D), and 3-1-7-1-1 (Player Cashout Mode) The reason is because I want split cash/ticket option. I haven't re-keyed the older machine but I am figuring it won't help anyway. So could I use the VS011NX5 in the older one or is it game dependent? Or should I just get a newer version of a board?
Reed

** NOTE: The information contained in any of my posts relating to slot machine ownership and use is information that I have gathered from publicly known sources correspondingly under the same protections of Free Speech governed under the Laws of the United States and Canada and is for informational use only. As is my Constitutional Right under United States and Canadian Laws the redistribution of said information is considered a form of free speech. Using this information in the United States or Canada to conduct illegal gambling in states/provinces where it is unlawful has been declared against the law in those states/jurisdictions and as such I do not advocate the illegal use of such information under both the United States and Canadian Laws. All references and examples of personal experiences are hypothetical in nature, and it is up to you to determine if the information presented is applicable to your situation or not**
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 363

PET

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 12:29:20 AM »

I'm no expert but I'd try the VS011NX5
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 12:52:44 AM »

change to the VS011NX5

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
reho33
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 12:53:26 AM »

Thank you for the information. Bravo!

** NOTE: The information contained in any of my posts relating to slot machine ownership and use is information that I have gathered from publicly known sources correspondingly under the same protections of Free Speech governed under the Laws of the United States and Canada and is for informational use only. As is my Constitutional Right under United States and Canadian Laws the redistribution of said information is considered a form of free speech. Using this information in the United States or Canada to conduct illegal gambling in states/provinces where it is unlawful has been declared against the law in those states/jurisdictions and as such I do not advocate the illegal use of such information under both the United States and Canadian Laws. All references and examples of personal experiences are hypothetical in nature, and it is up to you to determine if the information presented is applicable to your situation or not**
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

PET

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 12:56:46 AM »

That's 2 of us who think the same.
Ford
reho33
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 12:58:56 AM »

Cool, but is the version that I have locked into a particular jurisdiction? (AZ)

FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

PET

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 01:01:20 AM »

The one ending in 5 should be NJ. It should work for you. You'll get more settings Then with the 0
It will also work for multi denom.
reho33
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2011, 01:02:37 AM »

Thanks again for the help Ford! k+

FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

PET

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2011, 01:05:32 AM »

Not often I can help, but when I can I like to to return all help I got from others
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 79

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2011, 02:00:48 AM »

Not often I can help, but when I can I like to to return all help I got from others

And I can add for a fact that the version chip alone controls max bill validator and coin input limit. Went thru this the past couple of days in another post with the $3000 limit.
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

PET

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2011, 12:52:08 PM »

reho33 , Did you get it working?
reho33
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2011, 06:50:54 PM »

No, do not have the chip yet................. I may take the one out of my other S2000 and test it. Will let you know the results- Reed

Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2011, 07:38:36 PM »

could the SB001000 be your difference.  Isn't that used for use with S+ themed games ? 

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2011, 09:09:26 PM »

Ok which version chip allows a higher coin and or BV limits?

reho33
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2011, 09:14:56 PM »

I guess I didn't take into consideration the fact that I am using the S2000 with S+ chip. But I am still going to do the experiment. I would suggest if you have a simliar setup, try it yourself and report the results here.

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2011, 03:07:38 AM »

If you're using the SB001000 and an S+ chip -
are you still required to have SGxxx chips installed on the MPU?  Scratch Head
reho33
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2011, 03:08:53 AM »

Hummmm,
    That I do not know the answer to.
     But I still think this is a good thread because it gets the brain cells firing

Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2011, 07:15:06 AM »

Yes you have to have the SG chips
They are the main operating system for the S2000, just like Windows, Unix, or etc, etc is for your computer.
The SB chip and SS chip (if SB001000) is like the applications you would run on your computer.
The VS chip along with your settings give the SG and SB chips rules to go by.
 The MMLB2 and sound SIMM add enhancement not sure if some themes will fail to run without a matching sound SIMM.

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2011, 12:42:22 PM »

Yes you have to have the SG chips
They are the main operating system for the S2000, just like Windows, Unix, or etc, etc is for your computer.
The SB chip and SS chip (if SB001000) is like the applications you would run on your computer.
The VS chip along with your settings give the SG and SB chips rules to go by.
 The MMLB2 and sound SIMM add enhancement not sure if some themes will fail to run without a matching sound SIMM.

Great answers Foster!
I've noticed that pretty much all the games I have, will run without the MMLBII board, or Sim card -
sort of akin to your desktop computer not using an optional enhanced sound card.
The motherboard has it's own built-in Legacy/normal sounds on some embedded chip.
However, errors do pop up if the wrong Sim is installed on the MMLBII board.
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2011, 10:30:38 PM »

I put a VS011IX0 in and changed the money symbol  a space, blank or nothing,
The $ still shows up on tickets and the Spectrum II.

Would this be one of those times to get the clear out and use it.

reho33
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2011, 10:48:21 PM »

Not a clear chip, I think you can just go into the menu and re do the wording?

coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 79

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2011, 10:52:06 PM »

I put a VS011IX0 in and changed the money symbol  a space, blank or nothing,
The $ still shows up on tickets and the Spectrum II.

Would this be one of those times to get the clear out and use it.

I would think this falls into the same catagory as changing the accounting denominationm which requires a clear..But I am not sure.
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2011, 10:59:37 PM »

No options to configure the Spectrum or printer symbols separately.

I went through all the key menu settings when i had to modify the progressive and the money symbol.
I am thinking clear because when I configured it after a clear (replaced the blackplane in 08) I set it for $1, in accounting and coin at the time.
So I suspect those settings are being conveyed to the printer and spectrum (for the currency symbol)
Plus since I no longer use the hard meters anyways I can lower the accounting denom back to a 0.01

reho33
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2011, 11:01:47 PM »

Well I can't do it right now due to lack of resources. But please, try it and lets find out what the results are. It will be intresting too see what happens.

Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2011, 01:15:10 AM »

11IX0 does not use an accounting denom since it is a single denom VS chip.
Also I did a full clear. I had to use my programmer to zero the RAM chips and the EEPROM on the motherboard.
I had to use a key chip to enter the key menu.

Even though I have no symbol showing on VFD it still prints $ on tickets and shows on the spectrum, it may also take a set of international SG (Game Chips), if they made any, to totally get rid of the currency symbol.

The only reason I like that

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.