Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 06:15:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  S+ slot with flashing 21 code
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: S+ slot with flashing 21 code  (Read 14545 times)
B-52BadByron
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 12

« on: March 08, 2011, 02:55:46 PM »

I have an S+ machine SP731 chip double Diamonds game 3C.  When the machine is turned on i get a rapidly flashing code 21, I changed out the coin optics and still the same results.  I changed out the door optics and no change.  The weird part is when I connect the door optics bypass connector the machine works fine.  Anyone seen this before and any suggestions on how to fix?  Also, if I disconnect either door optic switch for the wiring I get a buzzing sound.  Help Scratch Head
poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 03:08:42 PM »

The weird part is when I connect the door optics bypass connector the machine works fine. 

Let's start here. How are you bypassing the door optics, and when you say it works fine are you saying it plays ok or just the 21 goes away?
B-52BadByron
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 05:39:12 PM »

There is a cable for sale on ebay that when the slot door is open you unplug the door and frame optic wired and plug the wires into the cable to trick the slot into thinking the door is closed.  When the cable is hooked up the slot operates normally in all functions.  When I reconnect the optic wires and close the door the flashing 21 code reappears and the slot does not function.
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 06:41:35 PM »

all your wiring appears to be good otherwise the machine wouldn't work when you bypass the optics. the only thing left would be the optic units themselves.

the machine won't reset the code 21 because the optics are the actual reset signal to the machine.

use test 13  on the input tests to verify that the optics are bad , then sub each one at a time.  hopefully you will find your problem.   inspect the wires on the optics , they break very easy  and sometimes the break is hidden due to the mounting

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
poppo

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 06:45:32 PM »

the machine won't reset the code 21 because the optics are the actual reset signal to the machine.

But the problem is that 21 is a coin in error and if the bypass clears it and the game plays normally, it should not be coming back when using the regular door optics even if they were bad. Something is not adding up. Scratch Head

« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 06:53:27 PM by poppo » Logged
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

513-984-2201

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 06:56:48 PM »

it could have a short in the wire harness, when the door is open ,clear the code, machine works.  close door, wire shorts causes code 21 ????

that's why I wanted him to test the optics with the door closed, and hooked up properly, then we have one item out of the way.

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
B-52BadByron
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 07:00:21 PM »

I agree this is screwy, I changed the optics once and still the 21 code, until I connect the door and housing with the bypass wire. then everything works great.
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

513-984-2201

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2011, 07:07:09 PM »

wher are you connecting the bypass,  right at the connectors that would normally go into the optics or elsewhere.

Jim

poppo

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2011, 07:10:55 PM »

wher are you connecting the bypass,  right at the connectors that would normally go into the optics or elsewhere.

Jim

Yeah, I was going to ask him to post pictures if possible.
B-52BadByron
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2011, 08:39:14 PM »

yes, I am unpluging the optic circuit and pluging the bypass wire into the now unused harness, doing this at both ends.  This harness was built so that you could work on your slot without closing the door.  The slot would act like the door was shut.
poppo

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2011, 08:49:22 PM »

Well, I'm still stumped. The only thing I can think of is along the lines of what Jim said. Perhaps you have a short in the door optics line (the part you are bypassing) and when you you plug them back in, it is triggering a false coin in error. Did you cut any tie straps to install the bypass? I know the door one is usually strapped and you need to cut it to get at the plug. May have cut into some wires?

When you use your bypass, does it just hang there or is it more permanently routed with the rest of the cables? When exactly did the problem start? Before or after you used the bypass?
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2011, 09:09:12 PM »

When the machine is turned on i get a rapidly flashing code 21

When you say that you have a 'rapidly flashing code 21', are you saying that the number 21 blinks on and off on the display rapidly?  That's not normal for any error code (the number should just appear in the display and sit there -- not flash).  I almost wonder if there are bigger problems with the MPU or power supply.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
poppo

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2011, 09:12:59 PM »

I almost wonder if there are bigger problems with the MPU or power supply.

But yet he says it works fine with the door optics bypassed.  Scratch Head

The more I think about it, the more I think he has a problem with the door optics wiring. It may also explain the buzzing he says he is hearing when the optic is disconnected. I just checked mine and it doesn't do it. It may be shorting to something.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 09:26:54 PM by poppo » Logged
B-52BadByron
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2011, 01:27:17 AM »

I replaced both of the optic sensors with working ones off another slot.  I thought that might fix the problem but no luck. 
still the same problems.
poppo

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2011, 01:33:12 AM »

I replaced both of the optic sensors with working ones off another slot.  I thought that might fix the problem but no luck. 
still the same problems.

It may not be the sensors, but the wiring to the sensors. Still need to know if this problem started before or after you used the bypass. Maybe it cooked something.
B-52BadByron
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2011, 01:39:52 AM »

Bought the machine with this problem and was trouble shooting when I found out the slot would work with the door optic bypass.
poppo

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2011, 01:45:34 AM »

Bought the machine with this problem and was trouble shooting when I found out the slot would work with the door optic bypass.

Ok, that helps a bit.

But as knagl asked, is the 21 flashing on the LED or is it a steady 21 with a flashing candle?

What happens when you remove the bypass, conect the optics but have the door open? Can you go through the self test menus?

Also do you have the optics on the right way? The white/red wire on the cabinet and the red/black wire one on the door.

B-52BadByron
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2011, 01:48:50 AM »

The 21 flashing is on the LED.  With the door open and the door optics replaced in the normal position the white reset button doesn't work.
poppo

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2011, 01:51:29 AM »

See my addition asking about the optics being on the right way, because as noted that is not a normal error if it's flashing.
B-52BadByron
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2011, 01:56:11 AM »

when I replaced the door optics they were replaced with known working parts, I replaced the old optics with the new ones just as I had taken them off the machine.  But I will double check the wires tomorrow.
poppo

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2011, 01:58:21 AM »

when I replaced the door optics they were replaced with known working parts, I replaced the old optics with the new ones just as I had taken them off the machine.  But I will double check the wires tomorrow.

It's possible they were on backwards (hence the problem to begin with). One is an emitter and one is a receiver.
B-52BadByron
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2011, 02:00:47 AM »

I will check the wires tomorrow and report back my findings with the sight.  I appreciate all the help in trouble shooting this problem.
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

513-984-2201

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2011, 05:04:07 PM »

check all your connectors for bent or shorting pins. 

what voltage are you getting at the two plugs.  on the door you should measure around +5 vdc,  on the cabinet you should measure around +8-10 vdc.

the only thing that makes any sense is something is making the +vb signal pulse the display.  since the +vb is used to power the displays and the +vb is pulsed to create the security signal for the door optics  ????

Jim

poppo

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2011, 05:13:17 PM »

Jim,

What does not make sense though, is that it works fine with the bypass cable. And if that is connected at the ends of the optics cables, then the cables should be good. I have never hooked up the optics backwards (and don't want to try it to see what happens). But I can see how it may cause some weird stuff which is why I asked him to check the color codes. Since he put the known good ones in the same way the original ones were and since the machine had never worked, if those were in wrong, then the good ones would do the same thing.
B-52BadByron
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2011, 07:49:14 PM »

I checked the optics and tehy are installed corectly
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.