Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 06:17:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Turning off Play without turning off the power
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Turning off Play without turning off the power  (Read 6837 times)
Capt Mike
« on: March 10, 2011, 07:34:18 PM »

I want to turn off play, as in no coin or dollars in with out turning off the machine.  Is there a way to maybe add in a rocker switch somewhere?

thank you
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 07:41:14 PM »

Depending on the SP chip in your game (although I think most support it), there's an "out of service" page in the settings that will render the machine inoperable until you exit that page in the settings.  It wouldn't be as simple as flipping a switch, though.

I suppose you could add a switch in-line with the door optics so that when you flipped the switch the machine would think the door was open and inhibit coins and bills.  May I ask why you want such a switch?

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 07:51:23 PM »

I suppose you could add a switch in-line with the door optics so that when you flipped the switch the machine would think the door was open and inhibit coins and bills. 

Or wire a switch in line with the the cash box door switch if it has one, or in line where it was already bypassed. Same result.
Capt Mike
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 08:39:27 PM »

The cash box switch may be the best idea, I will play with it.

May I ask why you want such a switch?
I have a boat with Slots on it and I need to turn them off when they are not allowed to be played. 

lonnie
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 08:43:38 PM »

I bought at Wall Mart xmas time they had remote control 3 receiver 1 transmitter that was $15.00 then dropped to 7.50 and then a week later to 3.25 and my wife knew I was looking at these and bought me one. The slot machine plugs into the receiver and this plugs into the wall. When I want machine 1 turned on or 2 or 3 I just push button for that machine and it turn on and off when I am done. No need to physically turn off the machines. If this is what you are asking about?

Lonnie

Lonnie
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 08:45:17 PM »

I have a boat with Slots on it and I need to turn them off when they are not allowed to be played. 

Oh, excellent.  We'd love to see pictures of your setup if you'd care to post them.

I think the cashbox switch is a good idea, too.  I like that better than messing with the optics.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Capt Mike
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2011, 09:08:49 PM »

I am having fun getting these machines working....

* DSCN5937 (Small).JPG (73.63 KB, 640x480 - viewed 359 times.)
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2011, 10:05:06 PM »

Very nice.  Looks great there.   Clap

For whatever it's worth, the few gambling cruises (or "cruises to nowhere") that I've been on simply cut the power to the machines when they're in port (via circuit breakers to the banks of games, not by turning each individual machine off), and then turn the breakers on once they're far enough out.  If that's an option, I think it would be easier than rigging up a switch for each of them, and the games should be ready to go when powered on without any need for intervention.  If that's not an option, then yes, the cash can switch wiring would do what you need it to do to inhibit the machines.

reho33
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 146

Slot Losers of America / Tokie Owens

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2011, 10:12:14 PM »

I guess you just have to go 12 miles out (international waters)?

** NOTE: The information contained in any of my posts relating to slot machine ownership and use is information that I have gathered from publicly known sources correspondingly under the same protections of Free Speech governed under the Laws of the United States and Canada and is for informational use only. As is my Constitutional Right under United States and Canadian Laws the redistribution of said information is considered a form of free speech. Using this information in the United States or Canada to conduct illegal gambling in states/provinces where it is unlawful has been declared against the law in those states/jurisdictions and as such I do not advocate the illegal use of such information under both the United States and Canadian Laws. All references and examples of personal experiences are hypothetical in nature, and it is up to you to determine if the information presented is applicable to your situation or not**
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2011, 10:20:10 PM »

Anything you do as far as seperate swithes is gonna be kind of a pain in the ass for putting them in service and taking them out. Might be some ramifications as far as federal law if they're not powered down inside US waters also, but it wouldn't be to difficult to wire eack "bank" of machines to a single local key operated switch for turning those individual banks on and off.
Capt Mike
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2011, 12:00:44 AM »

Thanks for all the help,
I do have to run 9 miles out, we also know other boats using s2000's do leave them powered up but not playable during dock/cruise.

My concern is that if we cut power while there are credits on the machine! By the time we got downstairs to flip the breakers somebody can stick money in!  I am thinking its going to be hard to watch.  I have banks of 6 so if I wire up a switch then the floor person can just make sure nobody is playing and flip the switch.  I also don't like that the floor looks dead.  I may be trying for to much....LOL
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2011, 12:09:08 AM »

IF they are S2000, I Game, Game King (IGT) or other current platform and you have bought Software from IGT or other that can talk to the machines via SAS you can disable them via a SAS command.

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2011, 04:03:19 AM »

My concern is that if we cut power while there are credits on the machine! By the time we got downstairs to flip the breakers somebody can stick money in!  I am thinking its going to be hard to watch.

The boats I went on, they made announcements over the PA about ten minutes before "closing", five minutes out, and then a final, "cash out now, the machines will be turning off in one minute."  I did see someone who was still owed credits -- they were able to turn the breaker back on for that bank to finish the payout, then back off.

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2011, 07:37:48 PM »

Did the boat stop?  Tongue Out
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2011, 09:55:30 PM »

Did the boat stop?  Tongue Out

Yeah, they applied the E-brake and stopped immediately.   bust gut laughing

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2011, 01:10:48 AM »

Oh...E Brake..Why didn't I think of that?  Duh! Silly Me!
I thought they threw a Bally in the water with a chain tied to it.... Tongue Out
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2011, 02:36:17 AM »

Back to Capt Mike's question.

I think  poppo idea with the cash box switches would work. Would this work, wire each group of 6 machines cash box switch in a daisy chain to one master switch mounted to a slot stand. ( I know what I'm trying to say it's just not coming out right)  The idea being, a employee tells 6 people your done, turn a key switch, the machines will not play but all the lights remain on. Then just go down the line until you get them all turned off.

Guess someone should have ask how many machines are we talking about.  Scratch Head Scratch Head Capy. Mike did call it a Boat and not a Ship !

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2011, 03:04:13 AM »

I thought they threw a Bally in the water with a chain tied to it.... Tongue Out

VLC.

Capt Mike
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2011, 01:34:26 PM »

Well it works, I rigged a switch up on 1 machine and it does what I want it to... Thank you for all your help   Clap

I have over 90 machines, and they are trying to hire a real slot tech, I just figured I would get working what I can and learn about them!!

Now on to my DBV problems.... Scratch Head

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.