Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 06:15:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  game change gives errors
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: game change gives errors  (Read 14285 times)
Coinopcollector
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 25

« on: March 12, 2011, 01:17:03 PM »

I have several S+ megamania that i am changing in to other games.
First i need to say that the kits i bought al came with the same game roms 1240.
Now on the first 2 machines i had to keep the original game rom from megamania to get the machines working.
I could not have them working with the provided 1240 rom. I got a 68-1 error every time.
Could not get it to disappear unless i placed the orginal rom back in to place.
The reel roms where good, payout ok no problem on the first 2 games.

Now the third game I wanted to change is a WILD STAR RWB and i got the 3669 Reel eprom with the kit.
Same problem, can't get the games working with the 1240 gamerom so i had to put the megamania rom back.

Now after playing a while i see the payout does not correspond like it should.
Do I have to suspect the reel roms not being what they are, they are copied reel roms so maybe they are not good.
For example if I land on a Wild star it should pay but it does not, then I had 1 red bar on the first reel and got paid 6 ???? Scratch Head

Any one any idea why the 1240 gamerom would not work and is it neccesary to change that gamerom?
Thanks a lot guys.
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 79

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 01:46:01 PM »

The 1240 is a 16Mhz chip. I have it marked as a "LEASED Chip". One of 2 things might be happening. One the 1240 is only made to work with Megamania software per lease, or the other chips you are trying are not fast enough for the 16Mhz boards. Oh and 3....Are they 16Mhz board?????
poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 01:58:47 PM »

Oh and 3....Are they 16Mhz board?????

I almost want to say they probably are. A 16Mhz SP chip will work in a 10Mhz board, but the reels will spin really slow and all other functions will be like they are in slow motion and that was not mentioned. I'm thinking like you said that being a leased chip, it will only work with specific games.

On the one not paying out on the proper lines, I would use the self test mode to see what the chip number really is. There are quite a few versions of RW&B with different strips.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 02:07:31 PM by poppo » Logged
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2011, 02:02:15 PM »

Oh and 3....Are they 16Mhz board?????

I almost want to say they probably are. A 16Mhz SP chip will work in a 10Mhz board, but the reels will spin realy slow and all other functions will be like they are in slow motion and that was not mentioned.

On the one not paying out on the proper lines, I would use the self test mode to see what the chip number really is. There are quite a few versions of RW&B with different strips.

He states "I put the Megamania rom back in" Wild star RWB strips are not going to match the payout with a Megamania reel chip installed
poppo

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2011, 02:14:44 PM »

He states "I put the Megamania rom back in" Wild star RWB strips are not going to match the payout with a Megamania reel chip installed

Oops, I missed that part.  arrow

Coinopcollector
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2011, 02:20:15 PM »

OK,
there's a lot of misunderstanding here.

1/ i bought 6 kits with the corresponding REEL roms and the 6 kits got a 1240 GAME ROM.

I have to check what number is on the MEGAMANIA GAME ROM because i do not know for the moment.

2/ The first 2 kits i installed they work perfect BUT ONLY if I use the GAMEROM wich was originally in the MEGAMANIA's.
SO i can't use the 1240 GAMEROM that was provide with the kits.

REEL speed is doing fine, i do not have any other problems but a not corresponding payout.

THAT'S why i am assuming the 3669 REEL EPROM is not a good one...it's a copied rom so maybe the label on it is incorrect.....

OR the megamania GAME ROM is not compatible with the 3669 REEL rom.

Hope this clears something out.
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2011, 02:27:00 PM »

Do you have any other SP game rom besides the 1240? If so which ones?
poppo

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2011, 02:32:14 PM »

....do not have any other problems but a not corresponding payout.

Hope this clears something out.

And as noted above, use the self test to see what the chip numbers actually are. Uses these directions
http://www.newlifegames.net/spset/SPSS.htm
Coinopcollector
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2011, 04:49:55 PM »

So i just checked the numbers that where in the MEGAMANIA machines:

GAME ROM: SP1128
REELS ROM: SS11901

I don't need the megamania's anymore because i change over to other games.

The WILD STAR RWB kit came delivered with the 1240 GAME ROM and the 3669 REELS ROM.
THIS WAS LABELED ON THE ROM'S

I will do the test later today to make sure the labels correspond with the  software.

ANYWAY,
I get the machines working with the SP1128 + 3669 but payout is NOT correct.

Keep you all updated about the test i perform later today.
poppo

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2011, 05:08:37 PM »

I get the machines working with the SP1128 + 3669 but payout is NOT correct.

You sure do have some oddball SP chips (never heard of that one). In any case, the self test will tell you what the reel chip is.
OhioGaming
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 297

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2011, 09:21:17 PM »

Now after playing a while i see the payout does not correspond like it should.
Do I have to suspect the reel roms not being what they are, they are copied reel roms so maybe they are not good.
For example if I land on a Wild star it should pay but it does not, then I had 1 red bar on the first reel and got paid 6 ???? Scratch Head

Could one of the reel strips be out of poistion .. should be ABC (lowest number on R1 and highest reel strip number on R3)?
poppo

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2011, 09:33:47 PM »

Could one of the reel strips be out of poistion .. should be ABC (lowest number on R1 and highest reel strip number on R3)?

Good point. Without taking them off to check numbers:
Reel #1 should have the wild star symbol right below the blue 7
Reel #2 should have the wild star symbol 2 spots below the blue 7
Reel #3 should have the wild star symbol 2 spots below the red 7
Coinopcollector
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2011, 10:19:02 PM »

Just back from my warehouse and damned should have seen this latest messages before i left i could have checked it also.

Now i checked the software trough the test as mentioned above.
This is how it looks...

Reel rom label says 3669 but test says 3668 (this is a copied rom so this could have been a error from the guy who copied those)
Game rom label says SP1128 but test says 1003 (now this is strange as the label is a original IGT label that reads SP1128)
Picture from the SP1128 included just to show it's original label, don't look at the reel rom it's the original Megamania Reel rom that's in the picture.

So i assume the main problem is the REEL ROM 3669 that actually is a 3668 looking at the test.  Duh!  Duh!  Duh!

Now i read here there's also a difference in the reelstrips....did not know that, i know that i checked the numbers before and they are all the same numbers and the reels all looked the same, did not see any difference.
I remember checking them because I am more used in the Mechanical machines where it's normal that the reelstrips are all 3 different once.

I did not know that this could be the same for modern electronic machines, I always assumed that the reelstops where generated by the game and the stepper motors,
so it did not matter the strips are the same as long you put reel 1 untill 3 in the good position.

I have another kit from wildstar RWB that i bought same time, i will check these strips set and look if any are different.
I suppose you guys are sure about the diffrence in reelstrips....

Thanks.

* sp1128.jpg (74.26 KB, 800x598 - viewed 315 times.)
poppo

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2011, 10:24:43 PM »

The 3668 is still a WS RW&B reel chip, but actually a higher perentage. (95.1 v2 92.6)

Now i read here there's also a difference in the reelstrips....did not know that, i know that i checked the numbers before and they are all the same numbers and the reels all looked the same, did not see any difference.

If the numbers are the same, and the strips are the same, then something is wrong for a WS RW&B multiplier.

Strip numbers should be:
#1 85878200
#2 85878300
#3 85878400
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 10:31:18 PM by poppo » Logged
Coinopcollector
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2011, 10:29:07 PM »

I just looked at the IGT GAME BIBLE and see that the 3668 is also a Wildstar RWB game rom, only difference is the  payout %

Now that should work fine but it does not, reelstrips and payout does not correspond....

only thing left in my opinion is the reelstrips, i will check them later today as it is now 01.30 in the morning over here..... need sleep.... zzzzzzz probably can't sleep :47-will dream about fixing this  Help
Coinopcollector
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2011, 10:35:05 PM »

Poppo,
are you sure about the allignment of the reelstrips you mentioned above?
I suppose only thing to be carefull at is when assembling the strips on the reels is looking at the gap in the reels and the strips.

Look i have done this before and never had any problems but once you get confused, you start thinking to much and looking back to see what you could have done wrong but i don't see anything else left then the difference in the reelstrips.
 hissy fit this is bothering me so much i think in jumping into my car and drive back to the warehouse and check it out right away because i probably won't get any sleep untill this is fixed !!!
poppo

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2011, 10:41:32 PM »

Poppo,
are you sure about the allignment of the reelstrips you mentioned above?

Yep.

FYI, the symbols on the top half of the strips are the same on all three. Just check the position of the wild star symbol as I noted above. You don't need to take the strips off the reels, just rearrange the reels in the machine and change the number on the sticker (unless all 3 strips actually are the same). The reels are all the same and the labels are just for reference when using strips that are different. On some games, all 3 strips are the same.

Here is a picture of some WS RW&B 'clone' strips. The red arrow symbol is where the Wild Star symbol would be. This is the order they should be in.

<edit> New picture. I had them backward

* WS RWB.jpg (179.96 KB, 350x652 - viewed 383 times.)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 10:53:36 PM by poppo » Logged
Coinopcollector
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2011, 10:50:04 PM »

Thanks POPPO,
this probably will be my problem, i remember as you say i just looked at the top of the 3 reelstrips and then went to the bottom to read the numbers and they where the same...
But probably as you say they are different somewhere halfway ...... Silly Me!

Did not know that modern electronic games could have diffrent strips also, as I said i assumed the reelstops where made trough the reel software and the steppermotors  hissy fit

OK, another lesson learned today, always double check everything it can save you a lot off trouble!
poppo

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2011, 10:54:49 PM »

Note, I had to fix my picture, the first one I had them backward. They are now in the correct order.
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2011, 10:57:58 PM »

I just looked at the IGT GAME BIBLE and see that the 3668 is also a Wildstar RWB game rom, only difference is the  payout %

Now that should work fine but it does not, reelstrips and payout does not correspond....

only thing left in my opinion is the reelstrips, i will check them later today as it is now 01.30 in the morning over here..... need sleep.... zzzzzzz probably can't sleep :47-will dream about fixing this  Help

The 3668 has three different strips

Line #   1 ~~ ~~ ~~      
Line #   2 B7 B7 B7      
Line #   3 ~~ ~~ ~~      
Line #   4 RB RB RB      
Line #   5 ~~ ~~ ~~      
Line #   6 H7 H7 H7      
Line #   7 ~~ ~~ ~~      
Line #   8 BB BB BB      
Line #   9 ~~ ~~ ~~      
Line #  10 R7 R7 R7      
Line #  11 ~~ ~~ ~~      
Line #  12 HB HB HB      
Line #  13 ~~ ~~ ~~      
Line #  14 B7 B7 WS      
Line #  15 ~~ ~~ ~~      
Line #  16 WS RB RB      
Line #  17 ~~ ~~ ~~      
Line #  18 BB WS H7      
Line #  19 ~~ ~~ ~~      
Line #  20 H7 R7 BB      
Line #  21 ~~ ~~ ~~      
Line #  22 HB BB HB      

3  3  3
            5  5  5
            7  7  7
            5  6  7
Coinopcollector
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2011, 10:59:57 PM »

OK, thanks Poppo,
i will let you know as soon i checked it later today.

This board is really top of the top, and earned a donation, will do this also later today.

I guess i finally go to sleep now and thanks poppo you saved my sleep, i am probably 100% sure the strips will do the thing !
poppo

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2011, 11:02:42 PM »

...and then went to the bottom to read the numbers and they where the same...

Not sure which numbers you mean 'on the bottom'. The strip part numbers printed on the strips (that you can only read when they are off the reel or peeled back) should be different. But first just check the symbols and make them match up if possible as I posted by switching the reel positions. If they don't match the pattern above or are all the same, you have a problem.

* strip numbers.jpg (110.37 KB, 595x210 - viewed 306 times.)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 11:11:39 PM by poppo » Logged
Coinopcollector
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2011, 11:04:17 PM »

thanks Coorslight,
If I check your list it seems to be the same as the picture that POPPO brought online.

Another stupid question whats this standing for?

3  3  3
            5  5  5
            7  7  7
            5  6  7
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2011, 11:05:58 PM »

thanks Coorslight,
If I check your list it seems to be the same as the picture that POPPO brought online.

Another stupid question whats this standing for?

3  3  3
            5  5  5
            7  7  7
            5  6  7

Strip reference numbers, but you will not see them printed on the strips
Coinopcollector
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2011, 11:07:01 PM »

Poppo, yes I checked those numbers and they where the same....
BUT

As I said I bought 2 WS RWB kits so maybe the different strips could be in the other set I have in my stock so maybe the 2 kit strips where mixed up...

So in case i just used 3 same ones in this game maybe i have others in the kit i have in stock.....let's hope so.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.