Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 06:25:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Bill Validators and Currency acceptors
| |-+  JCM WBA 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 20, 21, 22, and 23 Bill Validators
| | |-+  PROBLEM WITH WBA 13 BILL VALIDATOR
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: PROBLEM WITH WBA 13 BILL VALIDATOR  (Read 6469 times)
PLUNGER BOY
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 255

plunger buddies DEAD BOO HOO

« on: March 13, 2011, 04:20:58 AM »

WBA bill validator will cycle when turned on but front bezel will not light up and take bills.Under tests it says it is enabled  any ideas what to look for . I checked plugs behind and replugged them in again but nothing happens. I took a different validator  working in another machine and still nothing  please  Help thanks

SELL me your  TERMINATOR  I GAME TOP GLASS AND BELLY   ( Round Top )
Magicslots
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 62

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 04:22:54 AM »

Check the settings of your dip switches, I had one that would not work until I reset them all.

"Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has no heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains."  (Sir Winston Churchill)
PLUNGER BOY
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 04:30:22 AM »

Are they the ones on the side and are  they all to be off  , what do you mean by reset ???
Check the settings of your dip switches, I had one that would not work until I reset them all.
????

Magicslots
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 62

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 04:38:51 AM »

I moved them all to on, then off.  It worked on that one.  Your mileage may vary  Tongue Out

"Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has no heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains."  (Sir Winston Churchill)
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 233

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2011, 04:54:49 AM »

Go into your menus under I/O Tests and run...it's either called Scan for Netplex or Netplex Auto-config...something like that.  This will rescan the Netplex path and redetect the printer (if you have one) and BV, and may bring things back to life.

Thanks,
Jason

Yoeddy's IGT Slot Machine Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/Yoeddy1
PLUNGER BOY
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2011, 04:58:09 AM »

Thanks  jason i will try that tomorrow .Not were machines are , Got to many houses.

Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2011, 07:06:06 AM »

Before you go through a whole lot of BS  make sure the cash can is in all the way.  Has this BV ever worked for you? If not check the cash can door switch. if no lock is installed the two wires going to the switch must be connected together. In IO test go to 4.8.2.1 and calculate CRC

I'm beting it's the cash can !!!!!!!!

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
PLUNGER BOY
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2011, 01:24:25 PM »

Before you go through a whole lot of BS  make sure the cash can is in all the way.  Has this BV ever worked for you? If not check the cash can door switch. if no lock is installed the two wires going to the switch must be connected together. In IO test go to 4.8.2.1 and calculate CRC

I'm beting it's the cash can !!!!!!!!
NO  BUZZ .NEW MACHINE. The cash can door switch has been bypassed. this is on a s2000 with a enhanced board what does calculate crc mean ?????

Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2011, 04:42:49 PM »

PLUNGER BOY  I kind of wish you had a expert trying to help you, in the mean time I will try and get you completely confused.

You said the BV bezel light never lights up, outside chance both bulbs are no good, did you try feeding it a Bill ?

The BV cycles, is it a long cycle or a short one? Listen to your other machine that works and you can tell the difference between long and short. If it's a  long cycle remove the cash can and put it back in, the BV will cycle. If it doesn't the cash can isn't completely in and latched. Do not be gentle with the can. A little trick I do to the cash can door is with the door open, bend the lip of the can so the door will stay closed without using tape. Don't bend it to much as then it's hard to open to retrieve you money.

I would tell you what CRC means, but I don't remember. I do know not all the time but sometimes you have to calculate it. I going to list how I did it on one of my machines. I don't know if I have different game chips and that can effect the order of the  steps. You need to get to 4.8.2.2 in IO

Press test button
press spin button 3 times (IO) 4.8
Press cash out button 7 times 4.8.1
Press spin button 1 time
Press cash out 1 time ( should be 4.8.2 CRC checks)
Press spin button 2 times ( high lite should move calculate)
Press spin 1 time. you should see 4 ???? and to the right it will say "WORKING"  15 to 30 seconds the ???? should change to 4 numbers and or letters. If after what seems a long time  you see "Not responding"   We will have to address that in another post.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
PLUNGER BOY
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2011, 02:56:19 AM »

THANKS FOR THE REPLY BUZZ . I tried feed in in bills (no luck) checked light bulbs OK.  tried swapping out cash cans from other working  machines ( have 11) I will try other suggestion  in the IO section . I'm learning lots but cant help others yet. thank to every one for all help.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.