Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:20:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Arcade Games, Pinball, Crane Games, Redemption Games and Other Stuff
| |-+  Jukeboxs
| | |-+  seeburg HF100G problem
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: seeburg HF100G problem  (Read 13928 times)
icu44444
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 76

« on: March 20, 2011, 12:50:37 AM »

hi
i picked up a Seeburg select-o-matic 100 model HF100G. The problem i am having (other than not knowing anything about jukeboxes) is with the mechanism section. the mechanism doesn't move. when i got this unit, the mechanism was located all the way to the left in front of the first physical record and that is still where it is located today. i can get it to select the first record. that's all i can get it to do though. the mechanism will select the record, plays it then recycles the same first record and will not select any other records. (i am pretty sure the jukebox is a select-o-matic 100 and not a select-o-matic 1). LOL. The question i have for any member knowledgeable with the old seeburg tube unit is as follows. Is this a fairly common problem with a documented solution and/or easy to repair. Or is this something i am going to regret getting involved in. My area of knowledge is primarily slots although i am comfortable and competent working on mechanical equipment. Also does anyone have or know where i can get the service manual, operator guide and/or restoration book for this Seeburg HF100G model jukebox?
 THANKS FOR ANY HELP
ICU44444
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 139

we are opened a home sale store on us 58

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 10:05:28 AM »

Get  de greaser spray  those geasr have old grease on them that gets hard there are many clucthes in there than must be free it takes days sometimes for the old grease to get washed off gears make sure you remove the mech cover, juke box prices are at a all time low hope ypu got a great deal, we bought a w last year for $600
steve
barsnsevens
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 23

Mike

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 10:26:21 AM »

Is it playing the same record  over and over again? if so it sounds like the pin bank is not cancelling the record and you may have to cancell the pin manualy until the cancelling solenoid pushes the pin back. With the record playing try rejecting the record with the reject button on the back of the machine and see if the mechanism scans to the right then. if so kill the power with the mechanism moved to the right.  Then reach under the pin bank near the first record and make sure all the pins are pushed inward this is the cancel position. The 100 pins run the length of the record tray underneath it on the pin bank. It could very well have some stuck gears in the mechanism as suggested earlier if it has been sitting awhile too.
Ken Layton
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 88

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 01:19:51 AM »

Jump over to the jukebox forum at www.phonoland.com and talk to Ron Rich. He is THE Seeburg expert.
Ratspot
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 252

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 12:26:50 PM »

Manuals and parts can be purchased at.  Www.victoryglass.com
Good luck
Dave
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2013, 04:36:52 PM »

I have a Select-o-matic m100b and had similar issues. The pin bank on the back is usually the culprit. They need to be cleaned or it will not cancel or select correctly. Open the back of the jukebox to visualize the pin bank (it is directly behind and a little lower than the record holder) it has a hundred or so wires going in it. Look at the bottom of the bank and you will notice 100 pins (2 rows of 50) one for each record. First you need to see if you selector is working you need to reset all the pins on the pin bank. Move all the pins toward the center of the bank (now all records have been unselected. Now select a record with the selector buttons on front and look for one pin on the pin bank to move outward (you can try several different selections if you don't get movement on the first few pins. If you get movement on the pin and the record does not cycle try wiggling the pin to see if it can make a connection. if all this works your selector is working. All selections on the selector may not work and the selector may need cleaning too. When the selected record stops watch the pin and see if it gets canceled correctly (the pin will move back to the middle). If this happens even though the record does a recycle the pin bank is working but need to be taken apart and cleaned. I would leave this up to a professional. You can also manually move the pin outward to select a record without using the buttons.I think you need a coin in to turn the jukebox on. You can also deselect a record by manually moving the pin toward the middle. Sometimes you must be fast if the seloct-o-matic is on the move ! if all pins are moved to the middle the select-o-matic mechanism should stop. Once again you may need to wiggle all or a few pins toward the middle to cancel if the pin mechanism is dirty. I just joined the forum yesterday and hope this reply is not too late. Good luck and let me know what happens. Be careful with the electricity while testing the juke box don't get shocked. I do believe the pin bank is low voltage though.       Dave waving flag
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.