Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:44:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  **Video Gaming Machines** **General Chat**
| | |-+  Nevada Games Video Poker ROM set
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nevada Games Video Poker ROM set  (Read 3125 times)
madviking
« on: April 06, 2011, 10:41:08 PM »

Hiya!

I'm working on a beloved Nevada Video GPB Video Poker game from 1984. Model GPB 2101.

It basically works, and sometimes boots and starts, but more ofter then not just throws a lot of garbage on the screen.

I've replaces the Z80, the Zeropower Lithium SRAM chip, both the 6116 CMOS rams, and the Z80ACTC chip.

I suspect the EPROMS at this point. I have a means of burning the roms, but can't find a good rom set other then what's on the board.

Anybody have a ROM set for this game? Or advice? Thanks!!!

reho33
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 146

Slot Losers of America / Tokie Owens

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 01:25:36 AM »

We can't discuss the trading of ROM's (sorry, against forum policy) However, someone may have OEM ROM's for that platform, check with the vendors above. Welcome, sorry for the correction, not personal.

** NOTE: The information contained in any of my posts relating to slot machine ownership and use is information that I have gathered from publicly known sources correspondingly under the same protections of Free Speech governed under the Laws of the United States and Canada and is for informational use only. As is my Constitutional Right under United States and Canadian Laws the redistribution of said information is considered a form of free speech. Using this information in the United States or Canada to conduct illegal gambling in states/provinces where it is unlawful has been declared against the law in those states/jurisdictions and as such I do not advocate the illegal use of such information under both the United States and Canadian Laws. All references and examples of personal experiences are hypothetical in nature, and it is up to you to determine if the information presented is applicable to your situation or not**
madviking
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 07:04:49 AM »

No problem as far as the Roms trading thing goes... didn't mean to violate any policy, so I be sorry.

And actually, it seems the problem might be the power supply, not the roms. Just since this afternoon, I found a very very cool guy who has worked on these machines before and advised me to check for < 5volts. Weird things happen to these games in that condition, and that fits the symptoms for sure.

If the board is really getting less than 5 volts, I'm thinking about "overlaying" a good modern regulated switching or linear 5v power supply to the board. Meaning, I'm planning to get a good said power supply from Jameco and solder it to the board directly via a molex connector. I'd rather not extract the power-supply from my friend's machine and replace all the capacitors, so I'm hoping this is a viable shortcut.

Anyway, I'm interested in what the community thinks. Does this seem sound or is this a bad idea?
HNClee
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2011, 12:51:45 PM »

Check the power supply first before doing all that work. 1984 machine came out when i was 1 lol. but i do know there isnt any adjustment on my 1980 arcade games. I have fried a few old arcades form install modern power supplys wrong in old stuff before.
ucanwin
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 5

Interested in trade stimulators and slots

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 11:23:00 PM »

Hi,
Sorry, but I am no help to your problem, but just maybe, you can help me. I have a Games of Nevada Video Poker machine Model GVP-7A-0166, manufactured in 07/85. The battery for the memory is missing from my board. Could you tell me what kind of a battery is on your board? Is it a Nicad or Lithium? Is it a 3.6V? Sure would appreciate any information on this machine, such as a source for a manual, whether or not a ram clear chip is needed when changing the battery, etc. I just was given this machine and it is a nonworking machine. I have never had a Games of Nevada machine before, so I'm at a loss.
Best regards,
Jerry
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.