Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 06:13:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Code 13 and 40
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Code 13 and 40  (Read 2277 times)
rjpohl
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 103

« on: April 13, 2011, 09:48:57 PM »

I had a customer send me his s6000 board which I found to be bad.  I took mains and personality chips and put them on a known good board and then performed a full ramclear on a machine in my shop.  After the ramclear i set all settings to match his machine and sent it back to customer.  He says it now has error 13, 40 and 50.  I know 50 won't clear until a spin is completed.  Code 40 is a reel error and I'm not sure what 13 is.  How do I clear the code 40?

thanks
Bob

stormrider

Total Karma Storms: 131

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 10:08:20 PM »

I had a customer send me his s6000 board which I found to be bad.  I took mains and personality chips and put them on a known good board and then performed a full ramclear on a machine in my shop.  After the ramclear i set all settings to match his machine and sent it back to customer.  He says it now has error 13, 40 and 50.  I know 50 won't clear until a spin is completed.  Code 40 is a reel error and I'm not sure what 13 is.  How do I clear the code 40?

thanks
Bob

Bob,

You could have him try holding the change button down with the door open
then shut the door while still holding the change button (he won't loose any settings)
I've had success with this before with reel tilts in the 40's
Not sure what a 13 is either you sure about that #
50 the door is open.

Tim

Oh I also had a 40 error once due to a loose reel harness at the backplane
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 10:31:46 PM by stormrider » Logged
a69mopar
647-402-1977
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 600

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 11:38:18 PM »

The 50 should clear a few seconds after the door is closed.  Perhaps he isn't closing the door completely(pushing down the lock bar).  The optic plug may have been pulled off?

Thanks,
Wayne

www.GTASLOTS.com      647-402-1977              BALLY S6000 GALLERY
rjpohl

Total Karma Storms: 103

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 09:39:48 AM »

I had him power off and then re-seat the board.  Now it has a 88 error.  Guess we're back to performing a ramclear.

stormrider

Total Karma Storms: 131

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 02:07:20 PM »

I had him power off and then re-seat the board.  Now it has a 88 error.  Guess we're back to performing a ramclear.

Bob,

On that 88 error you might get away with another clear to fix that
but 88 is not a good sign. I did cure that problem one time on a board by replacing the static ram which was corrupt
that would be U30 & U45.

Then again you might be better off with a new mpu install rather than fighting the 88
keep us posted.

BTW: What game title are we talking here not that it really matters.

Tim
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.