Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 06:17:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  SP1048 setting question (and other SPs)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: SP1048 setting question (and other SPs)  (Read 3657 times)
poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 248

« on: April 15, 2011, 05:03:06 PM »

Not sure if this is another typo in the PSR or if I don't understand the setting.

Max Bet Autospin
Option <0> [39]   Determines whether the reels spin automatically when the maximum bet is reached or when the Play Max Credits player switch is pressed.  Options are disabled {0} and enabled {1}.

Mine is set to 1, but nothing happens after I insert the last coin or press the bet one enough times. Is it supposed to auto-spin at that point or does 'enabled' mean the Play Max Credits button is used instead? I've never messed with this setting and was just jotting down what everything was set to for future reference.
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 07:58:03 PM »

I seem to remember that on a different SP chip that when I messed around with that setting it changed the behavior of the Spin Reels button, in that the Spin Reels (not Bet Max) button could be used as a "repeat bet" button when that option was enabled.

I can't swear to it, and I may be mis-remembering, but perhaps see if that's what the option actually does?

The only other thing I can see in that text is it says that it determines what happens when the Bet Max button is pressed (that the reels would then spin or not).  That said, I've never seen a machine that wouldn't spin the reels on its own after you press Bet Max -- the PSR seems to imply that with it disabled that Bet Max would simply "insert" 3 coins and then sit there waiting for the player to press spin or pull the handle.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
poppo

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 09:16:10 PM »

.... the PSR seems to imply that with it disabled that Bet Max would simply "insert" 3 coins and then sit there waiting for the player to press spin or pull the handle.

Yep, that is what it does. I had to get rid of the credits to give it a try. Needless to say, I set it back.

What is odd though is the wording

"..the reels spin automatically when the maximum is reached or when the Play Max Credits player switch is pressed."

which makes it sound like if you pressed the bet one enough times or inserted enough coins (i.e. max bet reached), it would spin.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 09:21:14 PM by poppo » Logged
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 09:40:00 PM »

Try this:
   Hold the max bet button down
   Insert coins or press bet one credit until max bet is reached
       then when max bet is reached it will spin automatically or at least it does with some SP chips.

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
poppo

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2011, 10:24:04 PM »

Try this:
   Hold the max bet button down
   Insert coins or press bet one credit until max bet is reached
       then when max bet is reached it will spin automatically or at least it does with some SP chips.

Yeah, that works with this SP. I suppose it might come in handy if there was no max bet button (but the wires were jumpered), and it would make the PSR correct for that scenario.

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2011, 01:47:01 AM »

FYI

I had an S+ at work once that had some complaints about it.
For some reason or another, a floor tech accidentally changed the settings on it and
she started hitting all kinds of buttons and reset keys...lol
( I had a good talk with her afterward! lol )
I came in and saw that it was set to spin whenever
 the MAX bet was reached - automatically!  rotflmao

I went into the settings and changed it back so that a player
would have to actually have to manually hit the
MAX bet button or pull the handle to get the reels to spin - as normal...

I'm pretty sure it was an SP1048 chip because that's the first thing that
came to my mind when I saw the title to this thread.  Tongue Out

I could be wrong but I think the SP872 or SP873 is capable of this behavior as well ?
poppo

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2011, 10:16:11 AM »

FYI
I came in and saw that it was set to spin whenever
 the MAX bet was reached - automatically!  rotflmao

I went into the settings and changed it back so that a player
would have to actually have to manually hit the
MAX bet button or pull the handle to get the reels to spin - as normal...

I'm pretty sure it was an SP1048 chip because that's the first thing that
came to my mind when I saw the title to this thread.  Tongue Out

Interesting. Because I can not get it to work that way. With it set as enabled, pressing the bet max will make it spin, but that's it (unless the button is held down like Foster mentioned). With it dissabled, the credits are only added with the bet max and then the spin needs to be initiated manually with the spin button or handle.

Oh well, not a big deal since I would not want that behavior anyway.
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2011, 12:09:43 AM »

I know the 1137 will keep playing if you hold the spin or max bet down as well. without the wiring change.

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.