Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 08:23:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  S+ 5 line light bar question
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: S+ 5 line light bar question  (Read 5473 times)
poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 248

« on: April 16, 2011, 05:15:53 PM »

Ok, here is the short version. I found out my modified S2000 5 line light bar will not work in a S+ due to the spacing of the bulbs. However during that discovery, I also found that there appears to be a difference in the plastic panel behind the S+ LEDs. As you can see by the first picture below (picture from another forum member), the plastic does not go all of the way to the right end of the glass. This gives the 5 line light bar room to sit. However both of my S+ machines have the plastic panel that goes all of the way to the right edge of the glass as shown in the second picture. This would be in the way of the light bar. Now I can cut the plastic, but I was wondering if I have some weird machines, or if they are just older (1993 & 1996) and possibly made before the 5 line games were out.  Scratch Head

<edit> I just found out that the shorter ones came from the same time frame, so that sort of rules out year built.

* 5 line 1.jpg (296.21 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 354 times.)

* 5 line 2.jpg (243.93 KB, 1000x750 - viewed 337 times.)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 05:25:24 PM by poppo » Logged
poppo

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2011, 05:16:22 PM »

Here is what I thought was going to work. On the right is my modified S2000 light bar on my S+. It sits right on top of that plastic part and I thought I was good to go (I don’t have my 5 line glass yet, so I was making assumptions). It wasn't until I got the picture of the left side that I saw there was a difference not only with the light bar size, but the plastic behind the LEDs.

* light bar.jpg (392.48 KB, 2232x1556 - viewed 337 times.)
poppo

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011, 08:53:58 PM »

Well, 10 seconds with a hack saw and problem solved.  arrow Now I just have to wait for the right light bar to arrive.  Mail

* 5 line 3.jpg (166.61 KB, 1000x750 - viewed 350 times.)
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 06:34:37 PM »

Well, 10 seconds with a hack saw and problem solved.

Ha, nice.  I recall having to swap my LED display bar with a short one that a friend traded me from his shop to solve this problem on my machine that I added a stepper box to.  Your solution works well, too!  K+   applause

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
ersk3
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2011, 03:40:48 AM »

I have bought a 5 line glas kit to my IGT S+ slot. The kit I bought is an "Red, white and blue,16", 5line, 5 coin". I've also bought program chips.

Where do I get one of these "5 line bar lights" ? Either for the S+ slot, or for the S2000 slot, and then modify it.

Can someone help me get one of these?

Do I need some driver bord for these lights? Where and how do i connect it?
poppo

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2011, 03:44:59 AM »

I have bought a 5 line glas kit to my IGT S+ slot. The kit I bought is an "Red, white and blue,16", 5line, 5 coin". I've also bought program chips.

Where do I get one of these "5 line bar lights" ? Either for the S+ slot, or for the S2000 slot, and then modify it.

No driver needed. It plugs into the cable on the door near the hinge. You need a S+ one though. I had modified a S2000 bar to work with the harness, but the lights don't line up with the S+ glass (see my post a few up). Of course you need a 5 line reel glass.
ersk3
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2011, 09:15:37 AM »

No driver needed. It plugs into the cable on the door near the hinge. You need a S+ one though. I had modified a S2000 bar to work with the harness, but the lights don't line up with the S+ glass (see my post a few up). Of course you need a 5 line reel glass.

Thanks, I've found the cable Smiley ! I got the glass, but missing the light, can't find anyone who has it either :/ Where can I buy one?
poppo

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2011, 09:40:46 AM »

Thanks, I've found the cable Smiley ! I got the glass, but missing the light, can't find anyone who has it either :/ Where can I buy one?

Best bet is to put a WTB in the classifieds here. Or check with some of the vendors listed at the top. You also will need a bracket for it if your machine does not already have one (see arrow in picture). You may be able to mount it somehow without the bracket, but it makes it easier if you have one.

* light bar and braket.jpg (227.85 KB, 1092x1324 - viewed 329 times.)
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2011, 03:09:46 PM »

I remember when we couldn't find those so we made our own out of plastic ice cube trays!  rotflmao
They work great though!  yes
I took the tape off of the connector housing to show you the wiring pin outs we used...>>>

* S+ 5L Shadowbox.jpg (934.27 KB, 2198x1645 - viewed 379 times.)

* S+ 5L Shadowbox 001.jpg (1047.12 KB, 2576x1690 - viewed 350 times.)
ersk3
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2011, 04:27:44 PM »

I bought one of April in WWW.SLOTMACHINESLTD.COM at the cost of 30USD  rotflmao

little expensive, but I'm glad I got hold of one  propeller
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com ™    Newlifegames.net ™    Newlifegames.org ™
   New Life Games ™    NewLifeGames ™  NLG ™ We Bring new Life to old Games ™    1-888-NLG-SLOTS ™
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.