Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 04:11:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Manual or help needed for 3 reel IGT Double Diamond 96400300
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Manual or help needed for 3 reel IGT Double Diamond 96400300  (Read 17139 times)
b5srt
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 40

« on: April 17, 2011, 12:44:09 AM »

Hi all, I am new to the forum. I bought a retired 3 reel IGT double diamond model 96400300 for my basement, I love the machine but would like to know where I can get or download a manual. What I have noticed is if the credits go over 1000 it will automatically dispense coins, is there anyway to just to allow the machine to accumulate the credits. Thanks in advance.
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 12:46:53 AM »

Check out Ricks FAQ on the main page (link on right about mid point)
one of our members has a site that has free downloads (many many) www.rudysdeals.com

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
b5srt
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 02:36:08 AM »

Check out Ricks FAQ on the main page (link on right about mid point)
one of our members has a site that has free downloads (many many) www.rudysdeals.com

Thanks very much, silly question but I tried searching the model # 96400300 built in 1999 but I having trouble finding out exacly what IGT game this is S, S+, S2000 or M games ???
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 02:40:16 AM »

Please Post Pictures of the machine

Is there a blue display in the lower left corner of the reel glass?
IF so it is most likely a vision ready (basically a early S2000) there are some differences between a vision ready and the S2000.
If no blue (VFD) display then it is a S+
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 02:46:32 AM by Foster » Logged

b5srt
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 02:53:51 AM »

here is a picture
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 03:30:11 AM by b5srt » Logged
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2011, 02:56:26 AM »

That is definitely a S+.

b5srt
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2011, 03:05:04 AM »

Great, from what I read that if I want to change games all I have to do is change the glass, reel strips and the reel chip.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 10:53:52 PM by b5srt » Logged
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2011, 03:09:06 AM »

Yes and clear any tilts/errors that occur.
Now some themes do require a different Game (SP) chip.
Example Haywire themses usually a type 2/21 game chip is required.

b5srt
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2011, 03:15:30 AM »

Yes and clear any tilts/errors that occur.
Now some themes do require a different Game (SP) chip.
Example Haywire themses usually a type 2/21 game chip is required.
I like the double diamonds but it will be nice to have a change. Thanks for all your help
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2011, 03:17:02 AM »

You are Welcome

knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2011, 06:46:03 PM »

Great, from what I read that if I want to change games all I have to do is change the glass, reel strips and the reel chip.

Yup.  It's a pretty easy process, although you may need a clear chip (unlikely) and/or a SET chip (more likely) to re-enable the bill validator (depending on if you have to change out the SP chip or not).

If you haven't done so already, there's some great reading in the Rick's FAQs button above, including specifically how to change the game kit in your S+.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
b5srt
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2011, 08:53:40 PM »

2 Question's I have read the manual and did fix the credit issues but I am still unclear on this.

1) any way on adjusting the volume on the machine
2) On the processor board dip switch 4 " game cycle" normal or fast what is this...real spin ???

Thanks
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2011, 09:12:08 PM »

Assuming you have a 10mhz board in your machine (most do, although you could have a 16mhz board), there's a small blue volume knob on the top of the silver MPU board tray in the back of the machine, behind the hopper.  Rotate the knob (it does not spin a full 360 degrees -- it should have stops at both the loudest and quietest (off) settings) to adjust the volume.

One quick and dirty way of getting the volume close to what you want is to add psudo-credits.  With the door open (which you need to adjust the volume anyway), press the little white button at the bottom of the coin-in optics (below the coin comparator -- where the coins normally drop through the door) to add credits.  You can press the Spin Reels button with the door open to play a test game, and you'll hear the volume.  Adjust the blue volume pot and play again.  Repeat as necessary until you get the volume setting that you want.  Note that the "final" result won't sound quite the same as the level will be a little different to your ear with the door open versus it being closed.

As far as the DIP switch you asked about... a) it depends on the SP chip in your machine if it even pays attention to that, b) you won't notice much of a difference at all even if it is engaged, and c) it has to do with how soon the second and third reels come to a stop after the first reel, not how fast the motors spin.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
b5srt
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2011, 11:14:40 PM »

Yup.  It's a pretty easy process, although you may need a clear chip (unlikely) and/or a SET chip (more likely) to re-enable the bill validator (depending on if you have to change out the SP chip or not).

If you haven't done so already, there's some great reading in the Rick's FAQs button above, including specifically how to change the game kit in your S+.

Where can I purchase a clear and set chip for this machine and if I purchased a kit complete with board like this would I still need the chips        http://rudysdeals.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=93&product_id=796       
poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2011, 11:27:37 PM »

Where can I purchase a clear and set chip for this machine and if I purchased a kit complete with board like this would I still need the chips        http://rudysdeals.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=93&product_id=796       

Any of the vendors listed at the top of the page should have the clear and set chips.

That board is for a slant top. But even if it wasn't, you may still need the set chip because the EEPROM is located on the motherboard (the board the MPU plugs into). And that is what stores the BV and denomination settings along with other data. Change the board and it will no longer match, resulting in the need for the set chip.
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2011, 01:43:37 AM »

That board is for a slant top.

In the interest of complete correctness for the new guy so he's not confused, it's the same circuit board that your machine uses, however the metal tray that it's in is for a slant top and wouldn't fit into your machine.  You could remove the MPU board from the tray and put it in your tray if you wanted to.  The biggest issue for you, though, is that the link you posted doesn't have the correct glass for your machine.  You have an upright machine that uses a 9" top glass and a belly glass.  Slant top glass is a different size, and slant top kits only use one piece of glass for the game name/paytable.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 01:51:00 AM by knagl » Logged

b5srt
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2011, 01:51:40 AM »

Thanks all for helping out the newbie, your patience is much appreciated.
poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2011, 07:50:20 AM »

I probably should have said 'kit' instead. Besides tray and glass, there is no need to buy another board except it's always good to have a spare. Many times game kits (glass and reel strips) will also include the chips you need. At least that is something you should look for.

Also, before buying a new theme, you may want to look into finding one that does something 'different'. For example:
Double Diamond Deluxe - nudges up and down
Bulls-Eye - Nudges one way and also spins until a win when it lands on a special symbol
Haywire - Respins the same win a number of times
Haywire Deluxe - Nudges one direction and randomly respins certain wins like Haywire

There are others, but it's always nice to have something different.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.