Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:11:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Progressive Controllers, Displays and Slot Toppers
| |-+  Mikohn Progressive Systems.
| | |-+  Bally 6000 blazing 7's stand alone progressive jackpot range
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally 6000 blazing 7's stand alone progressive jackpot range  (Read 12321 times)
b5srt
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 40

« on: April 17, 2011, 08:17:54 PM »

Hi all, I am thinking of buying my buddys 25 cent Blazing 7's stand alone progressive slot machine. He tells me it starts at $350 and goes up $450-$500 before hitting the jackpot and resetting. Is there anyway on adjusting the jackpot range, I would like it on a lower range since it is just for home use. Thanks in advance
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 08:25:04 PM »

What kind of progressive is installed in the machine? I'm going to guess it's a CHAMII+, but then I was never that good at guessing.  arrow Tongue Out

As some wise member (or was that wisea** rotflmao) once said, "The more you tell us, the more we can tell you."

Please Post Pictures of the progressive unit.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
b5srt
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 08:33:08 PM »

I will get him to send over a picture. If it is a ChamII+, can it be adjusted ? Thanks
StatFreak

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 09:38:50 PM »

I will get him to send over a picture. If it is a ChamII+, can it be adjusted ? Thanks

Yes, but you'll need a computer with a real serial port, a slightly modified serial cable, and the PSP software (which someone here can give you). I suggest you go to the progressive section and do some reading.

I'm also going to move this thread to the Mikohn progressive board for now. I'll move it again if it turns out to be another type.

StatFreak garfield
nlg  Global Moderator

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
b5srt
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 09:57:11 PM »

progressive pictures

* Picture 018.jpg (570.98 KB, 2048x1152 - viewed 340 times.)

* Picture 017.jpg (692.7 KB, 2048x1152 - viewed 314 times.)
StatFreak

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2011, 10:36:12 PM »

That's a CHAMII+.

PM sent.

Click on the Submit a new File button above the posts (below the banner ads) and download the PSP software and manual, as well as the CHAMII+ user manual. All three are currently there.

Then read these threads.
CHAMII+ & Bally S-5500 Settings  Short and to the point for a 5500.
CHAMII+ & Bally S-6000 Settings  Long. The settings in the previous thread came out of this one, but for the 6000, there are some differences.

P.S. It would also help to have a picture of the slot so we can be certain of the model (ProSlot 5500, 6000, or ?)

b5srt
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2011, 11:23:15 PM »

wow, defiantly lots of reading. I will post a picture of the machine once I get one. Thanks for all the help
b5srt
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2011, 12:43:16 AM »

Here is a picture of the machine

* Picture 036.jpg (792.67 KB, 1152x2048 - viewed 372 times.)
StatFreak

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2011, 04:12:14 AM »

That's a 6000 ProSlot.

StatFreak

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2011, 04:47:46 AM »

Since the progressive is currently set up and working correctly (according to your first post) you should be able to just change the starting amount and the increment amount and leave all of the other settings alone.

To modify the program, you will either take the progressive out of the machine and hook it up to your computer, or leave it in and set up the computer or laptop right next to the machine with a long enough serial cable. You will want to be able to apply and remove power to the progressive unit and have the display hooked up while you're programming it.

Now that you've downloaded the PSP software, then next step will be to...       buy the machine! LOL. Crazy Crazy frying pan Cry Laughing Cry Laughing Cry Laughing

After you've bought and installed the machine in your home, the "real" next step (Tongue Out) will be to modify a serial cable. I have attached a PDF showing the modification. (It's not my pdf, I'm just reposting it.  wave)

The pdf shows a cable built from scratch, but a store bought cable will work fine. You just have to jumper pins 1 & 5 on the connector that plugs into the CHAMII+. You are essentially grounding pin 1.

<ADD> If you don't have a computer with a serial port, you can buy an old laptop for this. It can have Windows 95, 98 or ME and will work fine.

Don't worry! Cheer Leader  Getting the progressive limits and amounts changed will be much easier than it seems, especially since the unit is already working correctly. yes propeller

However, once you get familiar with the CHAMII+, you might want to add messages and change the way the progressive is displayed, so keep reading those documents!

* PSP RS232.pdf (452.25 KB - downloaded 278 times.)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 05:01:43 AM by StatFreak » Logged

b5srt
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2011, 11:21:32 AM »

I'm going to buy the machine, I love the blazing 7 progressive. One I get this HEAVY hitter home I will take a closer look. Thanks again for all the help
knagl

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2011, 06:27:04 PM »

Is there anyway on adjusting the jackpot range, I would like it on a lower range since it is just for home use.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by wanting it "on a lower range since it is just for home use."  As StatFreak mentioned, you can adjust the base (starting) amount, and the increment percentage (how quickly it climbs), as well as set a limit for it if you wanted (a dollar amount that the meter can't exceed).  You can't control how frequently the jackpot is hit, however.  That's completely random, and is not a function of "every 5,000 spins" or whatever.  The jackpot could hit on two back to back spins (unlikely), or take millions of spins to hit (also unlikely).

Forgive me if I'm misinterpreting what you were saying as far as wanting to lower the amount for "home use", but it is illegal and a really, really bad idea to operate the machine in your house for the purpose of actual gambling.  If that's not what you were getting at and just wanted to change the amount displayed for your own reasons, my apologies.

Welcome to the site -- we're glad to have you here.   NLG Welcome

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
StatFreak

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2011, 04:47:48 AM »

Everything knagl posted is completely accurate, and I'll second that strong caution to never use a home slot machine for actual gambling.

Regarding the randomness of hitting the jackpot, while it's impossible to know when the jackpot will hit, it is possible to know what the long-term average progressive jackpot payout will be, or to put it another way: to set starting and increment amounts that will target the range that you'd like to see.

For most multiplier game themes with odds of 262,144 or worse of hitting the jackpot, no home player would ever play enough for the jackpot hits to average out, so figuring out the expected average progressive payout wouldn't mean much; but for the Blazing 7's game, it's actually worth figuring out for home use, because the jackpot hits so frequently.

For example: my Star Trek LightSpeed Jackpots is a Blazing 7 clone, and the chip in my game (5962) has 8 top jackpot combinations out of 343 (39.304) total combinations, so the jackpot will hit once every 4.913 4,913 pulls on average over the long run (extremely frequent). I set my progressive base to the standard non-progressive payout of 1000 coins ($250) and my increment to 1.25¢ per coin. So if I play max coin on every spin, I can expect the long term average progressive jackpot to climb $184.24 ($0.0125 * 3 * 4913) and payout $434.24.

Of course, after installing my CHAMII+, I didn't hit my first progressive until it reached $804.96 -- more than three times the average number of pulls expected. arrow Tongue Out  Anything can happen in the short-term. But if you play 600 pulls per hour, you can reach 100k pulls in about 167 hours of play, and with jackpot odds of 4913:1, it will most likely even out by then (or well before).

Another approach would be to go the other way and increase the progressive increment by a large margin. The fun in that is that you can then set the display to use the odometer setting and get some pretty fast odometer "action" going while you play. There are lots of members who set ridiculously high starting progressives of $100,000 or more with large increment amounts to make the game more fun to play. It's strictly a personal choice.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 06:10:06 PM by StatFreak » Logged

StatFreak

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2011, 04:56:52 AM »

Once you get the hang of using PSP, you might also want to create a jackpot.do file to display a periodic message or two. With the CHAMII+ you can have the text move horizontally or vertically, and can specify colors or mix them up. You can put in pauses and control the speed of the movement. However, you can't have graphic animations like you could with a Supreme.

knagl

Kevin

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2011, 05:42:31 AM »

the jackpot will hit once every 4.913 pulls on average over the long run (extremely frequent).

Yes, I'd say that a 1 in 5 chance of hitting the jackpot is extremely frequent.   Tongue Out

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
b5srt
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2011, 02:23:27 AM »

Hi Guys, being a newbie I am still a little confused when it comes to the programming so I am going to leave it. What I meant by "home use" was when playing for entertainment with tokens it would be nice to lower the range so it hits the jackpot quicker, dont want to have to wait a year before it hits the jackpot if this is even how it works.... Again I really dont know.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 02:44:02 AM by b5srt » Logged
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2011, 02:41:43 AM »

it would be nice to lower the range so it hits the jackpot quicker, dont want to have to wait a year before it hits the jackpot

Aah, okay, good deal.  As mentioned earlier, that's not a setting in the ChamII+ progressive meter, and it's not a setting that can be controlled at all -- the jackpot hitting is random, and is not a function of how many non-jackpot spins have been previously spun.  Each spin is an independent event, and the outcome of the previous spin(s) has zero influence on the outcome of the next spin.

StatFreak

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2011, 06:07:14 PM »

the jackpot will hit once every 4.913 pulls on average over the long run (extremely frequent).

Yes, I'd say that a 1 in 5 chance of hitting the jackpot is extremely frequent.   Tongue Out

Oops. arrow  Thanks Kevin. That was definitely a good comma-ent, period.  +1 (Karma, or whatever)  Hey, I like 'em frequent and cheap.  frying pan Cry Laughing Cry Laughing Cry Laughing
I corrected my post. wave

b5srt
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2011, 11:23:19 PM »

If you don't have a computer with a serial port, you can buy an old laptop for this. It can have Windows 95, 98 or ME and will work fine.

Going to attempt this in the near future, Will a computer with XP work and will a USB to serial  adapter work ?
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2011, 12:54:25 AM »

Going to attempt this in the near future, Will a computer with XP work and will a USB to serial  adapter work ?

XP is good, but the USB to Serial Adapter will likely cause you trouble.  We just tackled this question over in this thread -- there's some more reading there for you.

b5srt
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2011, 03:06:09 AM »

Think I have it fiqured out, I will be programing while the unit is still in the machine. When reading and writing the changes to the unit do I keep the power on to both the slot machine and the progressive unit. Also when I read it for the first time is there anyway to save the settings to my computer. Thx
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2011, 05:16:04 AM »

The slot power isn't relevant, although your progressive box is likely powered by the machine (ie. it turns on and off with the machine).  You can't read or write to the progressive unit if it doesn't have power.  Also note that most of us have found that in order for the progressive box to accept the new commands you send it from PSP, you need to reboot it (power it off, wait a few seconds, then back on) and send the new data immediately after the unit finishes its startup routine.  In other words, wait for the display to show all the normal power-on tests, then when they're finished and the display has just changed over to showing the current progressive meter amount, then press the key in PSP that sends the data.

Yes, you can read in the current settings prior to making any changes.  Once you're connected, select the F-key that says "Read" and it should read all of the values currently programmed into the progressive into the PSP software (this generally works at any time the meter is idle, but again may work better if you try a "read" right after you've rebooted the box and it has finished its startup routine).  Write all of the current values down on a piece of paper and store them inside the slot machine for future reference (you'll thank me someday for this).  Once you have the values read in, it will also make it easier for you to tweak them and send back your changes without the risk of messing up another setting in the process.

b5srt
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2011, 06:26:02 PM »

Made my cable and played around with the PSP program today, not as difficult as I thought it would be. I roughed in a permanent cable from the progressive unit to behind the speaker so if I ever want to make changes again its very easy. I saved all before and after setting for backups. Thanks for all the help.

knagl

Kevin

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2011, 09:26:25 PM »

Great!  Glad to hear you got it working well.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.