Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 06, 2024, 05:23:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  S2000 reels spin slow
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: S2000 reels spin slow  (Read 4944 times)
slotsx2
JR
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: -37

« on: April 28, 2011, 01:13:11 PM »

Have an S2000 Double Red White & Blue, 5 line. With the 000024 simm sound card in, the reels spin very slowly, and I'm talking WAY slow!
If I remove the simm card, the reels spin fine.  Scratch Head
What's up with that?

WGAS!
reho33
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 146

Slot Losers of America / Tokie Owens

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 01:33:08 PM »

If you can, do a full RAM clear (if you know how) and start over. If still no joy then maybe new sound SIMM

** NOTE: The information contained in any of my posts relating to slot machine ownership and use is information that I have gathered from publicly known sources correspondingly under the same protections of Free Speech governed under the Laws of the United States and Canada and is for informational use only. As is my Constitutional Right under United States and Canadian Laws the redistribution of said information is considered a form of free speech. Using this information in the United States or Canada to conduct illegal gambling in states/provinces where it is unlawful has been declared against the law in those states/jurisdictions and as such I do not advocate the illegal use of such information under both the United States and Canadian Laws. All references and examples of personal experiences are hypothetical in nature, and it is up to you to determine if the information presented is applicable to your situation or not**
PLUNGER BOY
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 255

plunger buddies DEAD BOO HOO

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 01:35:06 PM »

What sb game  #1  & #2 chips are you using

SELL me your  TERMINATOR  I GAME TOP GLASS AND BELLY   ( Round Top )
slotsx2
JR
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 01:56:58 PM »

Did a full clear 2 days ago. I changed it to multi denomination.
BUT, the slow reel spins has been there ever since I put in the 000024 simm.

WGAS!
slotsx2
JR
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 02:01:45 PM »

SG000363

WGAS!
reho33
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2011, 02:20:23 PM »

I think the chip(s) may have speed issues 120 vs 100 NS??

** NOTE: The information contained in any of my posts relating to slot machine ownership and use is information that I have gathered from publicly known sources correspondingly under the same protections of Free Speech governed under the Laws of the United States and Canada and is for informational use only. As is my Constitutional Right under United States and Canadian Laws the redistribution of said information is considered a form of free speech. Using this information in the United States or Canada to conduct illegal gambling in states/provinces where it is unlawful has been declared against the law in those states/jurisdictions and as such I do not advocate the illegal use of such information under both the United States and Canadian Laws. All references and examples of personal experiences are hypothetical in nature, and it is up to you to determine if the information presented is applicable to your situation or not**
PLUNGER BOY
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 255

plunger buddies DEAD BOO HOO

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2011, 02:43:20 PM »

I don't have any issues with  any 363 game chips with sound simms in any of my machines it may be your sound board or the simms. do you have another sound board or generic 42 simms to try. or try it in another machine with a sb chip under sb000100 it should play

SELL me your  TERMINATOR  I GAME TOP GLASS AND BELLY   ( Round Top )
slotsx2
JR
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2011, 04:51:32 PM »

I might be able to borrow one from a nearby slot friend....
Let ya know how it comes out.
Thanks

WGAS!
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2011, 05:04:28 PM »

There's 4 little white dip switches on the sound simm card.
Please make sure they're on the off position.
They should never be moved to the on position.
These dip switches on the sim cards may be reserved for programming...

It does seem awkward that your reels behave this way when the sound sim card is installed.
I've never heard of how that can affect the reels? Hmm...

Have you tried turning the jackpot reset key once while the reels were slowly rotating?
Or does doing that throw you into the accounting mode?
I wonder if that could somehow stop the reels?
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 363

PET

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2011, 05:29:56 PM »

try changing the MPU board. My 5reel - 9 line the reels turned SLOW. After tryinf different things I swapped MPU board & it worked OK>
Don't know if it will solve problem but worth a try.
Ford
slotsx2
JR
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2011, 08:05:19 PM »

I took the simm card out of my Big Times Pay and put it in my D/RWB and the reels fly now, actually everything does....... Now when you click bet max, it's like the credits are in instantly. Before, you could count 1000 one, 1000 two, 1000 3, 1000 4, 1000 5 before the reels spun....
So, evidently I am 0 for 2 on simm cards so far. Anyone have a 000024 simm card for sale? One that works like the last 2 I bought, lol

Thanks for the help & suggestions guys, MUCH appreciated....

WGAS!
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 233

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2011, 08:27:06 PM »

Glad you got it figured out.  Smiley

I was going to suggest looking for a jar of honey that may have been tipped over in your machine.  Wink

Thanks,
Jason

Yoeddy's IGT Slot Machine Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/Yoeddy1
U.S.AutoService
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 1470

Wild thing !

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2011, 11:19:15 PM »

I took the simm card out of my Big Times Pay and put it in my D/RWB and the reels fly now, actually everything does....... Now when you click bet max, it's like the credits are in instantly. Before, you could count 1000 one, 1000 two, 1000 3, 1000 4, 1000 5 before the reels spun....
So, evidently I am 0 for 2 on simm cards so far. Anyone have a 000024 simm card for sale? One that works like the last 2 I bought, lol

Thanks for the help & suggestions guys, MUCH appreciated....

So the sim 42 makes the reels spin normal, but you don't like the sounds on a 42 sim .  Sounds like you have a bug, but you like that bug. Here is my suggestion, send me the 24 and let me see what it does in one of my machines.   yes Then we can really see if it make strange things happen .

Also if I remember right , I think you also said something about your machine paid way better when you only had one denomination, and when
you added mult-denomination it never pays off as good. So you went back to only one denomination.  Are you making this up ? I don't think
that is possible, is it ? Scratch Head Scratch Head

waving flag   U.S.Auto Service
         Dan

waving flag  U.S.Auto Service
      Dan
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2011, 01:11:51 AM »

Also if I remember right , I think you also said something about your machine paid way better when you only had one denomination, and when
you added mult-denomination it never pays off as good. So you went back to only one denomination.  Are you making this up ? I don't think
that is possible, is it ? Scratch Head Scratch Head
      waving flag   U.S.Auto Service
         Dan

It is indeed possible!  yes     IF    the % he's playing now is higher than when it was
when the machine was set up for multi-denom...
remember, you can set up a different % for each multi
OR
single denomination value.  propeller
reho33
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2011, 01:29:43 AM »

I set them all to 97.xx (or is it 98)

Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2011, 02:43:56 AM »

IT is like 97.9x to 98.0x or maybe a smidgen more
That is one thing I like when i change games. all I have to fix is the sounds, SAS stuff, and adjust the Cham II+ if needed.
None of which requires a key or clear chip.

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
brianfink
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 20

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2011, 01:33:12 PM »

i never seen a s2000 run slow like that does the reel spin sounds run slower too i know on an splus if u put a 731 chip on a 16meg board it will run slow so going by that i would think that you should either use a different base or gme chips i know that gme 000166 works great with multi denom and dsv 00024
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.