Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 04:16:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  IGT S+ Reel Strips
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT S+ Reel Strips  (Read 2709 times)
toadly
« on: April 29, 2011, 08:08:14 PM »

I am new to the Forum and also to slot machine reconditioning so please be patient.   One of the machines I have aquired had two of the reel strips in a loose condition when I opened the cabinet, is the a certain order in which the strips must be put on the 123 reels and how do you tell what strip goes on what reel??   I have found the notches so know issue there.   Also two of the strips look identical as far as symbols, is this normal?

Thank you for any help.
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 08:16:49 PM »

It is normal and sometimes all three will have the same symbal layout. If they have differant layouts, they will commonly be labeled at the bottom of the strip with a part number or actual 1,2,3 numbering. If it's a part number, install them in ascending order. Some after market strips won't have either, in which case we'll need to know what theme you have and see pictures
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 08:21:20 PM »

It would help if you let us know what theme and number coins played, and the reel strip numbers at the bottom
lowest number strip on reel 1, next on reel 2 and highest number on reel 3
For Example: 8484100 on reel 1, 8484200 on reel 2, 8484300 on reel 3 note these may or may not be actual reel strip numbers but used for example only.

Some themes have 3 strips the same  (A A A)
Some theme have 1 that is different (A A B, A B A, B A A)
or all three are different (true for The Red White and Blue themes) (A B C)

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
toadly
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 08:34:11 PM »

Thank you very much, I will get the additional information and post.
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2011, 08:35:53 PM »

When I had S+ machines it seems that the strips where actually labeled reel 1, reel 2, reel 3 on the bottom edge in cases where it mattered
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.