Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 05:34:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Removing reels from reel assembly Bally e series
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Removing reels from reel assembly Bally e series  (Read 2340 times)
DCM1519
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 8

« on: April 29, 2011, 09:47:26 PM »

I am finally able to work on my slot machine and hopefully fix the number 41 error.

Today, I pulled the reel assembly to start cleaning and lubricating the reels and then swapping the reel readers.

The reel shaft seems to be held in place by two arms connected to springs.  There is one on each side of the reel unit and they press against the shaft to keep it from jumping out of the slots.  These arms will not move, even when I remove the springs.  I know I could force them but thought I should ask if there is anything else that will need to be removed after I get them off the shafts.  Tomorrow, I am going to put a drop of oil on them where they contact the sides of the reel unit.

The greaase that I encountered so far appears to have been there for a while but is not solidified.

I tried to contact the supplier of that Hydrotex 651 lubricant.  The phone number shown on his site appears to actually be a fax so I sent him a fax today.

Should these two arms swing freely after I remove the springs?

Thanks
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 308

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 12:23:24 AM »

The levers holding the reel shaft in place should move freely. Sounds like they are stuck in place. I have a plastic hammer or a handle of an old screw driver I tap on them with if they don't what to move. Tap on the end nearest the shaft, it should swing down away from the shaft to release the reel assembly to come out.

If it's jammed, force it... If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway...
DCM1519

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 03:18:32 AM »

Thanks for the reply.  They were frozien in place but I got them loose and tomorrow, am gong to take it all out on the front porch and start cleaning.  Actusally it looks pretty clean now but I am still going to clean it the best that I can and them lube it.  I do not have any Hydrotex and do not know what would make a good substitute but have some white lithium garage door opener lube that might do the job.

Thanks again
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 308

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 12:50:40 PM »

Glad to help... I've always used a very small amount of WD40 to free up and thing that gummed up or sticky. Then used a light weight regular oil to lube the parts. I have a small oil bottle with a long tube that I can control where and how muck I use, as little as a drop at a time. I have never like the white lithium, i tried a spray can of the stuff once and it worked ok for a while, but I found it to dry up and become sticky over time and was very hard to clean up once it dries...
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 03:21:54 PM by Amachanic » Logged

If it's jammed, force it... If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway...
DCM1519

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 02:04:54 PM »

Your reply remnded me of a bottle of oil that I have for my computer.  It has a long spout and after what you said about the lithium drying out, it looks like I should stick to some kind of oil.  I have a gallon of Marvels plus all diffent kinds of other oils so should be able to find something else.

Thanks
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.