Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:49:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  IGT S+ Bill Validator Not Working - IS Activated
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT S+ Bill Validator Not Working - IS Activated  (Read 33464 times)
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2011, 02:48:02 PM »

you didn't respond to three of my Questions.  the chip info. on the chip in the Bill transport itself,  the status of the switches on the transport unit.
there are switches on EVERY transport made! I gave you the location of these switches= lower righthand side up front (eight switches) and if all three connectors are plugged into the harness that mates with the transport .

As with 200 series the WBA also has a selection for IDO's.  here is a list for the switches: #1= Direction off (4 way Acceptance),#2= I/F  (on=IDO-022/  off= IDO-023) #3=$1,#4=$5,#5=$10,#6=$20,#7=$50/100, #8= OFF.

you can test just the transport unit in the machine ( accept bills only,no credits to machine) to do this : turn power off to machine, remove transport unit, CASH CAN, set the switches to the following positions, 1-2-3 and 8 to the on position, Place transport unit back into its housing, apply power,  turn #8 off, unit should cycle briefly, after this, you can now insert bills into the acceptor, if the unit is working then it will accept them and you will see them being dropped into the area where the cash can would be.  if it does this ,it means your transport is working.  if it does work and still is not enabled, then either the IDO setting is wrong or it is not programed for AN IGT protocol.

Jim 

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
Riffkid77
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2011, 12:09:27 AM »

Sorry for the delay in the reply with the chip info Jim. The chip that is labeled on the underside of the transport is WBA 10/11 - SS  ID 022/23---- V 3.60-03

I did locate the switches (I totally missed them, they are quite small) and they were all off (down). I tried your option with 1,2,3 & 8 up, then eight down once it is in and the bill fed through for the first time ever! So the transport seems to be working.

Now, when I place in the can, the light comes on (also a first) but it is not solid, it is blinking.

I feel like we are getting close, and I really thank everyone for their replies and their help! Should I keep the switches all up or adjust them? I tried making a bit of sense as to what you were referring to with the list of the switches, but was unable to come up with anything sensible.
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2011, 12:12:58 AM »

All switches in the off position.

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
Riffkid77
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2011, 12:15:29 AM »

Hi Poppo,

When the can is removed and gears turned, I do see the stacker properly moving up and down to stack the bills. I even have a few bills in there while doing so and while manually feeding in new bills. As well, it seems to cycle a bit when first powered on, but about a third as long as it did before. I will try to get a video posted soon. My phone has had issues as of late, and that last video took a half hour to load up.
Riffkid77
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2011, 12:36:05 AM »

Okay, you guys are all the best!! GENIUSES!!!!!!

Dead on with the cash can. Believe you me, it was slammed up there pretty good, but I think the little side brackets that hold it are just loose as it was not holding up where it should be.

I took Jim's troubleshooting with taking the can out and seeing if the bill would go through, and stuck the can in doing the same steps. The bill went through, and went in to the can, but only if I applied a little pressure against the can.

I posted previously that it cycled differently when a bit of pressure was applied, and that was because even having it way up in there just wasn't holding it quite high enough. So, my wife had a little pool floatie nerf mini ball laying around from when she went swimming. I took the ball, which is squishy, and stuck it underneath the can to add that last little millimeter of height.

PRESTO! Works perfectly. Cycles the bill in, and even adds the correct amount of credits!!

Really, you guys are all great and have helped a bunch! Sorry I was a little slow with my knowledge, but believe you me I will learn  applause

poppo

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2011, 12:39:23 AM »

Clap Glad you got it working.
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2011, 12:41:50 AM »

Congratulations

Dancing Party

Congrats on getting it working!   It's always a good feeling to get one of these beasts working correctly!

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Tilt
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 366

« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2011, 12:44:31 AM »

Glad you got it going, but wait until the Mrs finds out what happened to her ball  frying pan frying panCry Laughing
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2011, 12:48:20 AM »

Glad that it works for you!   that housing can be replaced if you want it to work right,  remove the transport, cash can, two screws on the back wall (behind where the cash can would be), and usually one screw at the front left side underneath the power supply, then pivot the housing toward you and remove (you will have to disconnect the harness  three plugs)  

the switch legend (eight switches)  means, with all off ,unit will have 4 way acceptance(firmware allows it) IDO-23, and accept all denominations.
as an example, if you didn't want it to accept ones and fives, turn switches 3 and four to the on position. etc., etc..

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
staz
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 156

« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2011, 01:43:40 AM »

glad it worked out for ya...... Clap Clap Clap
staz
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2011, 01:49:52 AM »

if you want to replace the the housing its easy 3 screws......and unscrew the back plug behind the transport.....

* IMAG0049.jpg (152.33 KB, 640x480 - viewed 352 times.)

* IMAG0052.jpg (189.92 KB, 640x480 - viewed 342 times.)
staz
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2011, 01:51:58 AM »

then you unhook the wba and unscrew the conector....real easy i just did mine last week...... jim at blueridge should have that part in stock.... great guy to deal with......

* IMAG0053.jpg (188.02 KB, 640x480 - viewed 344 times.)

* IMAG0054.jpg (179.08 KB, 640x480 - viewed 379 times.)
poppo

« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2011, 02:05:03 AM »

This may be a stupid question (I don't have a WBA so I don't know), but does the transport have a lever like on a DBV to lower the gear in the back? I guess I'm just wondering what exactly is causing the gears not to mesh.
AnotherTech
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2011, 03:41:29 AM »

No lever to move the gears on the WBA.  They get bad because the chassis gets worn out and bent and the can doesn't seat right anymore.

Often you can bend the tabs at the bottom back of the chassis to hold the cash can better.  The lever pivot sometimes gets worn out as well, and doesn't hold the can securely.

Here's pics of the tabs that may need to be bent up a bit.

* 2011-05-09_22-37-08_613.jpg (89.09 KB, 528x396 - viewed 352 times.)
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2011, 03:47:20 AM »

No lever like the DBV units
It has a bar that you pull down to release the head and a lever to release the transport but both are located just below the front of the head.
You do not even have to worry about unplugging any wires to remove the head or transport.

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
poppo

« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2011, 09:51:12 AM »

Thanks. You learn something new every day. yes
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2011, 06:14:18 PM »

Congratulations Thanks YOU ROCK!!! Thank You! Another great job by the wonderful members of NLG!!!! Clap Clap Clap

Now I have to go back through a couple pages and make a KARMA  lightning bolt +1 (Karma, or whatever) lightning bolt happen to everyone in this thread!!! Clap Clap Clap yes

CaptainHappy CaptainHappy
NLG ADMINISTRATOR

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2011, 06:20:15 PM »

Riffkid77,

NLG Welcome

I am glad that you persevered and were able to get your problem solved. Now you can check out the rest of the site, maybe post a few jackpot pictures as you get them since your machine is working now! Stick around and I guarantee you will learn alot, post a bunch, and have a great time participating! propeller propeller propeller

CaptainHappy CaptainHappy
NLG ADMINISTRATOR

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.