Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:22:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT I-Game and Game King.
| | |-+  door open L
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: door open L  (Read 10048 times)
brianfink
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 20

« on: May 07, 2011, 11:45:52 AM »

I recently purchased a cleopatra 17" round top and it works and plays fine but i have this door open L error code that stays in the corner of the screen. I switched the boards and the software with my 17" flat top multipoker machine and the problem moved with the board. So now my poker machine has the door open L mesage but still plays. do i have to get a new board or is there an easy way to fix this. 
Tilt
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 366

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 12:01:41 PM »

Do you have a jumper on the Card Cage Sw on your motherboard?  If it's missing as shown in the photo you'll get a door open L error message.

* Door Open L.JPG (686.01 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 1520 times.)
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 02:56:23 AM »

Do you have a jumper on the Card Cage Sw on your motherboard?  If it's missing as shown in the photo you'll get a door open L error message.

I recently purchased a cleopatra 17" round top and it works and plays fine but i have this door open L error code that stays in the corner of the screen. I switched the boards and the software with my 17" flat top multipoker machine and the problem moved with the board. So now my poker machine has the door open L mesage but still plays. do i have to get a new board or is there an easy way to fix this. 

I think that tilt may be on to something, but it follows the MPU and tray, so I wonder about the motherboard thought... Is there something on the MPU just like that? Is it safe to assume that you are dealing with 3902 boards, or other boards? Scratch Head Scratch Head Scratch Head That may help us research it for you. I think that L stands for Logic door or tray... I will have to look for some info that I have stashed somewhere Scratch Head Duh! that may help???

CaptainHappy CaptainHappy

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
Tilt

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 01:26:15 PM »

Thanks Capt, I read the original post wrong.  Yep, if the problem follows the board, then there's nothing wrong with the rest of the machine. 
brianfink
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 05:58:33 PM »

yes they are 3902 boards and i went ahead and put a new battery on the board and still has the same problem. i guess i can live with the error message but I'm curios to find out what it means.
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 06:35:35 PM »

I'm curios to find out what it means

Do you have a jumper on the Card Cage Sw on your motherboard?  If it's missing as shown in the photo you'll get a door open L error message.

It means that, as Tilt implied in his post, that the machine thinks that the card cage is unlocked/open.  Some jurisdictions and/or games (like Wide Area Progressives like Megabucks, Wheel of Fortune, etc.) have an extra layer of security inside the game where the "card cage" (the enclosure that holds the circuit boards and chips that are central to the operation of the game) is secured with a lock so that only an authorized keyholder has access to the board.

(For example, in Vegas a Megabucks game would have one of those so that a slot attendant with a key to the machine could get in to fix a paper jam, but wouldn't be able to remove the processor board to place a gaffed chip on it.)

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2011, 06:49:26 PM »

I'm curios to find out what it means

Do you have a jumper on the Card Cage Sw on your motherboard?  If it's missing as shown in the photo you'll get a door open L error message.

It means that, as Tilt implied in his post, that the machine thinks that the card cage is unlocked/open.  Some jurisdictions and/or games (like Wide Area Progressives like Megabucks, Wheel of Fortune, etc.) have an extra layer of security inside the game where the "card cage" (the enclosure that holds the circuit boards and chips that are central to the operation of the game) is secured with a lock so that only an authorized keyholder has access to the board.

(For example, in Vegas a Megabucks game would have one of those so that a slot attendant with a key to the machine could get in to fix a paper jam, but wouldn't be able to remove the processor board to place a gaffed chip on it.)
Kevin,

See Replies 2&3 above, the problem followed the 3902 board to another machine... There has to be something funny on that board? Scratch Head I have never seen this problem, so I can't help much other than bump this topic to see if any experts have seen this before...

CH CaptainHappy

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
Tilt

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2011, 09:45:29 PM »

You can check for a bent pin on your MPU board connectors, but most likely you have a component that failed on the board itself.  I didn't realize that Door open L was a soft error that allows you to play with the error active.  Be happy for for that I suppose.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 10:44:19 PM by Tilt » Logged
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2011, 10:40:19 PM »

See Replies 2&3 above, the problem followed the 3902 board to another machine... There has to be something funny on that board? Scratch Head

I saw those -- Brian said that he was curious to know what "Door Open L" means.  I agree that there's something funky going on with the board.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
AnotherTech
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2011, 02:37:56 AM »

It is a bit weird.   Scratch Head  I've never seen a Door L be a soft tilt.  It's a pretty common error when you use a shipping lock on the board, like we do on most of them here.  It's always been a hard tilt, in my experience.
brianfink
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2011, 10:56:36 PM »

actualy when i first turned on the cleopatra it was locked up and would not play but after i swaped the boards i was able to play but still getting the error message maybe i should try clearing the memory a few more times
Joeylc
Founder and CEO of New_Life_Games_LLC
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 287

KG7NLG

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2011, 08:53:54 PM »

look for a card cage SW wired N.O. the lock tab hits the SW closing the L Door SW... we found ours on the under side of the cpu tray / housing  yummy yummy

"The Seeds of our Ultimate Destruction are Slowly and Quietly being Planted in the Fertile soil of Political Correctness”
                                                                   Joey Carruthers 2011

Hottest day in the United States recorded August 11, 1983 at 2:21 p.m. was 132 F. - recorded in the shade at the Bullhead City Fire Department. 
BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

I Have gone to find myself, and if I get back before I return, keep me here!
  ???

1-888-NLG-SLOTS 928-754-4147
e-Bay ID NewLifeGames_net
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.