Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:41:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  **Video Gaming Machines** **General Chat**
| | |-+  PACIFIC POKER MACHINE UNIVERSAL MODEL 8453 fire bird
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: PACIFIC POKER MACHINE UNIVERSAL MODEL 8453 fire bird  (Read 5560 times)
shortlw
« on: May 08, 2011, 11:02:58 AM »

Hi,
I do not know how to reset the machine back to normal running mode?

I don’t know anything about the buttons and switches and setting.

It is a PACIFIC POKER MACHINE UNIVERSAL MODEL 8453

When I put money into the coin counter it will not click over until I push a play button?
Any wins will not be displayed in WIN METER window.
When I push the play button win’s will be added onto credit meter.

When the collect button is pushed, coins will not be released into the coin tray?

Opening the door there is no audible sound or code displayed in the WIN METER window?

I did take pictures but can only upload 2 here.
I am unsure to what the buttons are. I am really hoping someone can explain it to me.

Green Button just inside the door "Service SW"

Green Button "Cancel credits test SW"

Green Button "Reset SW"

Black Button on Money Hopper, Over Flow Control, By Conduction OR by Program. I am not sure which it is meant to be set on?

TWO YELLOW SWITCH and ONE COUNTER. COUNTER HAS 4 SETTINGS EACH ONE CAN BE SET TO 1 OR 9. IT IS SET TO 0004. YELLOW SWITCH DATE OR TIME NEXT SWITCH YELLOW TWO SETTING 1-7 OR ALL.
Thanks
shortlw
p.s, I love looking at it.
 Scratch Head

uniman
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 03:15:25 PM »

Hi,
I do not know how to reset the machine back to normal running mode?

I don’t know anything about the buttons and switches and setting.

It is a PACIFIC POKER MACHINE UNIVERSAL MODEL 8453

When I put money into the coin counter it will not click over until I push a play button?
Any wins will not be displayed in WIN METER window.
When I push the play button win’s will be added onto credit meter.

When the collect button is pushed, coins will not be released into the coin tray?

Opening the door there is no audible sound or code displayed in the WIN METER window?

I did take pictures but can only upload 2 here.
I am unsure to what the buttons are. I am really hoping someone can explain it to me.

Green Button just inside the door "Service SW"

Green Button "Cancel credits test SW"

Green Button "Reset SW"

Black Button on Money Hopper, Over Flow Control, By Conduction OR by Program. I am not sure which it is meant to be set on?

TWO YELLOW SWITCH and ONE COUNTER. COUNTER HAS 4 SETTINGS EACH ONE CAN BE SET TO 1 OR 9. IT IS SET TO 0004. YELLOW SWITCH DATE OR TIME NEXT SWITCH YELLOW TWO SETTING 1-7 OR ALL.
Thanks
shortlw
p.s, I love looking at it.
 Scratch Head

Don't think I ever saw one of these?  Scratch Head
How about those two pic's. Post them and maybe we can help.
Does it have one mpu board or are there more than one?
It almost sounds like it is in some sort of demo mode.
You could try to clear the RAM.
If it has one board look for a small toggle or push button right up near the front in the machine. If you find it then press or hold it in (about 3 secs) while turning on the machine. This will clear the RAM.

About the switches;
What I am posting is the switch functions on a North American machine. Yours may be an Aussie or overseas style.

SERVICE switch; usually a red switch and is used to add (fake) credits to machine for test purposes. Also used as an incrementer for test #7.
TEST switch; usually a green switch used to place the game in self-test mode. There are several tests that can be performed such as inport and outport tests. A manual is needed to identify each test.
RESET switch; usually a yellow switch used to reset an error that has been corrected or to exit a TEST mode.
On the hopper the black switch is always on CONTROL BY CONDUCTION. Never seen one yet set to PROGRAM. What this does is there is a probe in the hopper that detects a full hopper. When hopper is full it will activated the deflector on the coin-in mech. and send any coins put in the machine down through the chute in the bottom of the machine to a holding bin in the slot stand. Prevents the hopper from overflowing it's contents. If in PROGRAM mode the machine must have a program on it's processor board that counts how many coins are in the hopper at any given time so it would know when to deflect to the lower bin.

I had an 8304 Uni poker game that had a similar (but not the same) problem as yours and I found it was the door switch not seeing the door closed.

Jim
shortlw
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 05:37:34 AM »

Happy days are here again. applause

I did as you said. Reset the RAM MEMBERY. I heard a click in which I did not hear the first time.
found it did not do to much at that point.

Spent the day replacing lights and cleaning it up a bit. I found two wires not conneted on the buttons Play 2 and Play 5.coins.

I Put the swich on  hopper, too  "By Conduction"

after pushing buttons and all cleaning wireing. Reals did not spin at all. Sad this realy worry me now Sad

I had lunch came back to it, Did a reset again close the door, and "YES" reals started spining Smiley this was a highlight of the day but it got better..
The Win meter still was not working, So I disided to confuse the  "MACHINE" lol 
I was loading it up with coins I was pushing the play5 button at the same time.
The  MACHINE  look like it got stuck on a spin and came to a stop.
I put the next coin in,, and yes the coin meter started to clik over. on the next win the Win meter show the prize.
it was running again... Thank you for your help. and this fantasic site helping people all over the world with  MACHINE  faults.
much appreciated.
Wayne

* pokie1.JPG (1019.73 KB, 1500x2000 - viewed 555 times.)
uniman
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 09:17:02 PM »

Glad to hear you got it working!  Clap
Nice 5-reeler!  yes
shortlw
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2011, 11:03:32 AM »

Hello. I lost my music, and got a humming sound that is there the whole time non stop. Not sure to why It was fine then in play the sound came on. Have not be able to shut it off. going to try to replace the speaker I change to a biger on. So will put the small one back on, If that dose not work I will try resetting the Mother B. Sad if anyone has come across this humming noise what did you do to fix it?
Ghost Assassin
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2011, 10:20:05 AM »

Hi does anyone have a manual for a PACIFIC POKER MACHINE?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.