Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 04:00:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT Reel Touch Games
| | |-+  Netplex Down error Need help
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Netplex Down error Need help  (Read 4462 times)
Forrhouse
Manufacturing Equipment & Parts to Keep Slots that are No Longer Supported by the Manufacturer running.
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 252

Life is too short, live, love and have a good time

« on: May 14, 2011, 11:04:51 PM »

I turn my Reel Touchsrcreen on and get a netplex Display error. This is my 1st time firing this machine up.   I opened the door to check the connection to the display and notice that there is nothing pluged into the black 1x9 pin Molex SL socket.  I looked for the associated plug and couldn't find it.  I even removed the coin chute pannel that has the i/Os bolted to the front and back thinking that maybe somebody unplugged it and it fell behind there.  The only thing that I could find was a black 1x6  pin Molex SL connector on the main door harness.  It looks like it has never been used and further more, it has no slack to reach anywhere due to the way its tied.  This 1x5 plug has 5 brown wires with different colored strips and one red wire.
This display setup is the type that goes all the way across.  What cable am I missing? Is it an adapter that is missing?  Is there another place I should be looking for this display's connection.
Thanks,
Eric
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 11:47:47 PM »

Post some pictures of the inside and outside of the door, reasonable close ups help

The 6 pin with brown wires for the 3 or 5 line pay line iight box

Where is the error being displayed?

Are you saying the VFD is not working?
Look for a connector with green wires if that is the case.

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 03:00:40 AM »

Foster seems to me if the VFD wasn't working, we wouldn't know that it was a netplex error.

So what do we have that's netplex ??  Printer and BV. what else am I missing ?? 

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
PLUNGER BOY
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 255

plunger buddies DEAD BOO HOO

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 03:11:04 AM »

Change your power supply  if it lost one 13v or 25 v  it can read netplex  down

SELL me your  TERMINATOR  I GAME TOP GLASS AND BELLY   ( Round Top )
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2011, 03:56:20 AM »

All I know is that the player display will show "no disp" if the VFD is disconnected.

I was thinking the top box computer system might be displaying the error on its LCD
Which it it could easily do since it has 2 way communications with the MPU via SENET.
The tpp box may also use the dedicated RS232 interface in the comm board.

Forrhouse
Manufacturing Equipment & Parts to Keep Slots that are No Longer Supported by the Manufacturer running.

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2011, 05:13:43 AM »

Thanks Foster and Buzz.  Buzz, when you mentioned Bill validator I went and pulled itransport out.  I guess they pulled the chip out my WBA 13 transport when it was shipped and or sold.
I should note that I hear a clicking sound coming from the ticket printer when the machine is powered on, but I also noticed that none of the reels spin.

When the System is powered on it displays Netplex is down for about 3 to 4 seconds. The machine then displays checking memory and then finaly Displays System Error. The system error stays on the screen.

I'm guessing that the Netplex Down error is because of the missing validator chip.

Foster, the top Display seems to boot fine.

Anyways, let me know what you guys think.

* Inside Door Reel Touch.jpg (104.5 KB, 750x656 - viewed 250 times.)

* Reel Touch Error Messages.jpg (68.08 KB, 700x352 - viewed 244 times.)
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2011, 05:29:10 AM »

I believe the 9 pin Connector on the VFD in the first picture is for the 9 Line multiple coins per line display.

System error means there is something a miss with one of the following: Base Chip, Version Chip, SS Chip (S+ reel chip), RAM or the EEPROM on the motherboard or other hardware failure.

Turn the Jackpot reset key and it will display some more information
Each time you turn it note the next message that comes up, eventually it should ask you to press the button on the mpu and then close the main door.
The error might or might not clear.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 05:38:56 AM by Foster » Logged

Forrhouse

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2011, 07:35:44 PM »

Thanks Foster I will try it.
Eric
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.