Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 05:51:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  S5500 issues?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: S5500 issues?  (Read 2742 times)
modessitt
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 5

« on: May 16, 2011, 12:51:33 PM »

Edited title to update issues:  Please go to post #4.

I have two Bally slot boards in the shop with dead batteries.  Both are labeled with S62, and I assume are S6000's?  One has mains of 900000, and the other has mains of 920000.

I need to know whether I need the saferam clear chips for either, both, none?  If so, I know where to get them.  If not, then I just need the clear procedure after replacing the battery.  I know I need to move a jumper, but can't recall exactly which one and what to do next.

Thanks...
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 03:17:37 PM by modessitt » Logged
reho33
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 146

Slot Losers of America / Tokie Owens

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 02:40:01 PM »

Depends on the version of the mains, newer ones allow the jumper and older ones do not

** NOTE: The information contained in any of my posts relating to slot machine ownership and use is information that I have gathered from publicly known sources correspondingly under the same protections of Free Speech governed under the Laws of the United States and Canada and is for informational use only. As is my Constitutional Right under United States and Canadian Laws the redistribution of said information is considered a form of free speech. Using this information in the United States or Canada to conduct illegal gambling in states/provinces where it is unlawful has been declared against the law in those states/jurisdictions and as such I do not advocate the illegal use of such information under both the United States and Canadian Laws. All references and examples of personal experiences are hypothetical in nature, and it is up to you to determine if the information presented is applicable to your situation or not**
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 05:21:12 PM »

I thought it was the other way around
new mains - clear chips
older mains - jumper

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
modessitt
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 5

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 03:16:53 PM »

Thanks.  I did some research, found that these may actually be S5500's, and went ahead and replaced the batteries and went thru the reset procedure. Seems like it was working, but I have some other issues:

SLOT #1 - the one with the 920000 mains.  This is a sit-down slot.  Reset procedure worked fine.  Got the 50 code, but it wouldn't go away when I shut the door.  I determined one of the interlocks was broken.  Replaced it and now I get a 54 code - Drop door open.  Problem is - there is no drop door switch.  There are two wires - double black and a white w/ some stripe - that seem to go down there and have a jumper wire between the two wires.  Regardless of whether that jumper is there, the 54 code persists.  The other slot does not have a jumper on those wires.  I pulled the hopper and checked the connectors on the interface board in the back, but didn't see any issues.  Replaced the hopper, and am now getting a 31 error with the 54.  I figure I need to empty the hopper to clear the 31, but I really need to figure out how to get this 54 code to go away.  It seems like the slot will work fine once that happens.  Perhaps putting a jumper on the board to connect that switch sense to ground so the board thinks it's closed?

SLOT #2 - the one with the 900000 mains.  This is an upright slot on a pedestal.  I put the SAFERAM CLEAR jumper on, held down the TEST and PSEUDO buttons and turned it on.  I'm supposed to get a CH C and then CL C and then the buttons should start blinking.  At first I got a CH C, and then nothing for a few seconds, and then it would go CH C again, then CL C, and then the buttons would flash once, but then nothing.  Every once in a while you hear the dbv cycle again.  There is nothing in it.  Moving on in the reset procedure and removing the jumper and turning it back on gives me absolutely nothing.  The DBV cycles, the fluorescents turn on, but nothing on the displays.  Repeating the Clear will sometimes give me the same sequence.  Sometimes I get CH P.  Sometimes nothing happens.  I can't get anything on the displays except when I'm trying to do the clear.  Could there be some issue with the power supply?  I guess I could try plugging this board into the other slot (since the boards look the same) and try doing the full clear there to see if there is an issue with the power/wiring, or the actual board, right?

If anyone has any thoughts or comments that may help, let me know.  Hopefully I don't have to create a new thread to get this seen.
AnotherTech
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 11:39:57 PM »

Swapping the boards around is a good idea for the Clear/display problem.  Swap boards and check each machine with both boards.

For the 54 code, check your BV cash can/stacker and cash can door.

The 31 code will probably clear when you get the machine to recognize all the doors as closed.  If not, check to make sure the coin counter switch is good and adjusted so it closes as a coin passes the roller and opens after.  Sometimes they get stuck "up" in the closed position.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.