Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:31:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT PE and PE Plus Poker Games.
| | |-+  PE+ Slant top: DBV200 bill unit issue
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: PE+ Slant top: DBV200 bill unit issue  (Read 31814 times)
coinopshop
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 3

« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2011, 07:28:50 PM »

If I push it back with my finger, it does seat all the way back in though. I'll take another look at it.
poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2011, 07:34:05 PM »

If I push it back with my finger, it does seat all the way back in though. I'll take another look at it.

Hold that spring loaded plate up with one hand and turn the gear with your finger (CCW as you are looking into the can). Watch and see what happens. The stacker will go up and then back down. If that plate is off center it will hang on the way back down.

It may be easier if you remove the staker from the can. Make sure it's all the way down and then just remove the 2 screws in front holding it in and slide it out the back.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 07:39:33 PM by poppo » Logged
coinopshop

« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2011, 07:47:31 PM »

Yes. That's exactly what I just did ( remove the stacker , IT"S SPRING LOADED to return to it's original position ! I did not know this.)

I can turn the gears and the stacker will come out as if pushing in a bill. It comes back ( returning ) about a half inch then stops for some reason.
poppo

« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2011, 07:54:46 PM »

I can turn the gears and the stacker will come out as if pushing in a bill. It comes back ( returning ) about a half inch then stops for some reason.

Just look closely at everything as it is returning. Is it centered? You should be able to spot what is hanging if it's out of the can.

Also are you continuing to turn the gear to make it return? Don't let the gear go backward on it's own. In other words it completes a full cycle by turing the gear only one way.  Wrong info. It does stop at the top.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 08:21:33 PM by poppo » Logged
coinopshop

« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2011, 08:11:06 PM »

Just look closely at everything as it is returning. Is it centered? You should be able to spot what is hanging if it's out of the can.

Also are you continuing to turn the gear to make it return? Don't let the gear go backward on it's own. In other words it completes a full cycle by turing the gear only one way.

Ok. Now we're getting somewhere. I can only turn my gear until the stacker has reached it's fully extended. The gear won't continue to turn in the same direction to allow the stacker to return. I assumed the return mechanism was some type of spring-loaded thing.
poppo

« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2011, 08:16:01 PM »

Wait! I take that back. I have mine out and it does stop at the top. Give me a few to look this over again. It's been a while.
poppo

« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2011, 08:19:55 PM »

Ok. Turning the big gear CW (it's easier to turn that one) will make the stacker rise. It will stop at some point. Turning the big gear CCW will return the stacker all of the way down smoothly. Check all of the teeth on those gears too.

If that all works, then I don't know. Maybe you got another bad transport.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 08:32:49 PM by poppo » Logged
coinopshop

« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2011, 08:47:33 PM »

Ok. Mine works exactly as you have described by turning the gears with your fingers. I was actually thinking that perhaps I bought a bad transport.

At this point before I get out the sledge, I am looking to buy the complete thing. Head, transport ans stacker if anyone has a known good, working one.

Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2011, 11:57:31 PM »

there are a few things to check:  the only true method to see what is going on is to remove the transport shelf assembly.  remove the transport, remove the two screws on the backwall, (use a hardened tip screwdriver, these are metric screws and they strip out real easy ) usually one on the left side, remove the connectors from the power supply to the transport connector, tip the unit forward and remove.
now you can insert the transport and cash can and visually see if the transport is seated and engaging with the cash can. there are two tabs on the back of the transport that go into two holes on the backwall of the transport shelf assembly. these are the notches that will prevent the transport from not being seated properly, not the two tabs that everyone shows in the pictures in this thread, they are bill guides that guide the bill out of the transport and into the stacker, they will naturally fit thru the hole . some times the hole that the gear must fit threw (rectangle in shape) rubs the gear and prevents it from meshing with the cash can, IGT fix was to cut a "V" shape toward the front so the teeth wouldn't bind.
the last thing to check, the tywraps that secure the cable that goes along the right side of the unit, if they are turned differently they will prevent the transport from sitting flush on the bottom of the shelf.

Jim   

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
coinopshop

« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2011, 10:22:12 AM »

I'll give that a try also. Do you by chance have a pic of the "V" cut into the tranport ? Or the location of the IGT tech bulletin ?

Thanks again,
 Dave.
poppo

« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2011, 10:30:22 AM »

Here is a shot of when I did mine and the 'nibbler' tool I used. Usually you will hear the gear grinding though if it's rubbing.

While I agree with Jim about the little pins in the back (that you can't see) I will still say that the easiest way to tell if it's seated is by looking at the tabs and the gear through  he cash box opening. It it's not seated, it will be obvious by looking at those.

* notch.JPG (140.8 KB, 1536x1024 - viewed 403 times.)
coinopshop

« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2011, 11:29:03 AM »

Here's a lower-view pic of the pins and gear showing through.

ABout the stacker. Does the transport only push the stacker to the up position, then the spring loaded mech brings it back to it's resting or original position ? Or does the transport perform both actions ?

* IMG_2823[1].JPG (60.85 KB, 640x480 - viewed 362 times.)
poppo

« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2011, 12:19:37 PM »

That looks fine.

The transport does both actions.

There are optics on the trasport in several places. You may want to check to see if any of them are blocked.

In case you don't know, here is how you open the transport. Push that rod forward, then lift the top.

* transport1.jpg (319.47 KB, 1536x1024 - viewed 445 times.)

* transport2.jpg (180.72 KB, 1536x1024 - viewed 403 times.)
coinopshop

« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2011, 01:10:59 PM »

One thing I just noticed was the dip switches on the bill unit were set wrong. My bill unit ID is #23 ( dip bank 1 switch 10 OFF ). It was "on".

Didn't make a difference though, I still have the same problem. UHGGG !!!

coinopshop

« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2011, 08:25:21 PM »

POPPO.

Could you take a pic of the bottom of your DBV-200 bill unit's dip switches ? I'm starting to lean in that direction.

Thanks,
  Dave.
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2011, 08:51:17 PM »

I could be wrong, but the validator should never try to cycle upwards of six times regardless of its DIP settings -- the can is not meshing with the transport.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
poppo

« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2011, 08:58:39 PM »

POPPO.

Could you take a pic of the bottom of your DBV-200 bill unit's dip switches ? I'm starting to lean in that direction.

Thanks,
  Dave.

Here you go. All switches should be off (toward opening with flash chip or eprom) except maybe for #10 which will depend on your game ID.

As noted above though, constant cycling is usually a problem with trying to home the stacker. But maybe if the diag switches (the smaller bank) are wrong, it may do something weird.

* bv.jpg (335.51 KB, 1000x750 - viewed 423 times.)
poppo

« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2011, 10:17:05 PM »

Just so we are on the same page, here are a couple of videos I made a while back of what the BV sounds like when it can't find the cash can and when it's working normally. Listen to them and see if either sounds like yours or if yours does something else.

Cycling
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/f8lREU54hAY&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/f8lREU54hAY&rel=0</a>

Normal
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/EV5t65s98ts&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/EV5t65s98ts&rel=0</a>
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 10:11:52 AM by poppo » Logged
coinopshop

« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2011, 09:40:19 AM »

Just so we are on the same page, here are a couple of videos I made a while back of what the BV sounds like when it can't find the cash can and when it's working normally. Listen to them and see if either sounds like yours or if yours does something else.

Cycling
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8lREU54hAY

Normal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8lREU54hAY

Opps ! Your 2 videos are the same video.
 My bill unit cycles "forward" then "reverse" once and then the motor "pulses" 8 times and stops.

Again, this does this with 2 complete sets of bill units,transports and stackers. Doesn't really mater which set I install.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 09:57:23 AM by coinopshop » Logged
poppo

« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2011, 10:15:04 AM »

I fixed the second link.

I wonder if you have a bad BV power supply and it's dying when the unit is trying to cycle.  It's about the only thing left and might explain the 'pulsing' (if it's not cycling like in the video).
coinopshop

« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2011, 10:23:49 AM »

I fixed the second link.

I wonder if you have a bad BV power supply and it's dying when the unit is trying to cycle.  It's about the only thing left and might explain the 'pulsing' (if it's not cycling like in the video).

I hafta try to do that "notch" modify yet. Maybe tonight after I get home from work. It's strange that 2 different sets of parts are doing the same thing.
poppo

« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2011, 10:55:09 AM »

If you power up the machine with the door open and the cash can out, you can look inside at the transport gear and watch it turn. It will be pretty obvious if it's binding. Also without the can out it should sound like the first video (complete cycles). If not, I would get a new BV power supply. They do go bad and it's the only thing left.
coinopshop

« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2011, 09:37:49 AM »

Last night I did the "notch" modify to the bracket the cash can slides into. I also found out that a blue wire coming from the power supply to the bill unit was brokeen and out of the 6-pin connector. I SAID, " THAT'S IT !".

Soldered the wire back to the correct pin of the connector, put everything back and.........NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Same problem still persists.

The bill unit and stacker seem to run normally with the cash can removed though. There is no binding at all.
poppo

« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2011, 09:43:32 AM »

The bill unit and stacker seem to run normally with the cash can removed though. There is no binding at all.

By normally, do you mean it cycles several times like in the video?

If so, try this. Power up the unit without the cash can. When it's done cycling, insert the can. Does it start to cycle again? If not, you may have some bad optics in the can housing.
coinopshop

« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2011, 10:24:42 AM »

YES. It cycles like the video.

And NO , it does NOT recycle when I insert the cash can. For the hell of it, I'll unplugg the optics from the transport and see if I get the same result.

Stay tuned......
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.