Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:01:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Bally E-2000 Start up error code, Memory error 6, chip M7
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally E-2000 Start up error code, Memory error 6, chip M7  (Read 8571 times)
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 308

« on: May 23, 2011, 04:16:52 PM »

I have an error code on a Bally E2000 machine. The machine during it's start up self test is show a 6 in the display followed by a 7. According to my book this refers to the memory chip M7 on the M.P.U.. My problem is I don't see a M7 any where on the MPU? I do see M1, M2, & M3, but no M7? Could they be talking about the CPU chip? I have removed and cleaned and checked ever chip on the MPU, but no help... This machine will accept coins and play and pay, but the handle does not lock out at all, I don't get a door open code 50. The other thing with this machine, is that it has what looks like a coin optic board in place of the coin switch's, and it has an LED light display for the coins accepted and lines played. I've never seen this on a Bally E-Series before?   Scratch Head  I thought maybe this was a Sigma machine, but everything else on it is Bally from the hopper, to the MPU and I/O.. Could this have been a proto type machine or a very earlie Sigma conversion?

* Bally coin optics.JPG (1005.74 KB, 1536x2048 - viewed 452 times.)

* Led display.JPG (542.79 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 420 times.)

If it's jammed, force it... If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway...
Neonkiss
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 06:56:33 PM »

You have a Bally E2000 Military machine.
A completely different machine from the E-2000
I'll check and see if my Military manual has error codes.

Edited to ad manual
Here is the military manual. Use this one.

* Bally Military Spec Manual.pdf (1721.78 KB - downloaded 274 times.)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 10:21:04 PM by Neonkiss » Logged

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 07:14:15 PM »

You have a Bally E200 Military machine.
A completely different machine from the E-2000
I'll check and see if my Military manual has error codes.

Well I guess that explains why the eproms say US Army on the labels... I just figured it came out of a US Army Base some where... The machine seems to work with the exception for one of the 10 coin jackpots pays on orange-bar-orange sometimes, not orange-orange-bar? I did figure out the handle solenoid lock out. someone had the return spring on the solenoid hooked up wrong. Every other jackpots that have been hit paid correctly so far.. The labels on the boards say Bally 5 line 5 coin, pay L/R, L/E - 1347-0-32. Every board has this same sticker... Thanks for your help Neonkiss

Neonkiss

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 07:19:25 PM »

Check your reel strips to see if they are correct.
Post a picture of the glass. I have only seen two different types of Military machine glass kits.

Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 07:51:44 PM »

I checked the strips and they seem to be correct. There is a brown paint mark on the reel tins where all 3 strips start, and good solid crimp marks. Cherry, double cherry, plums, and bells have all paid correctly so far. The second reel reader didn't have any tape over the photo trans when I picked it up, but putting tape on it has not made a difference. I did swap the second reel reader out and again no difference. I don't have any codes in the win meter except on start up.. Here are the pics you asked for.. The machine is very clean and in over all good condition...

* Pure gold.JPG (909.39 KB, 1536x2048 - viewed 481 times.)

* Pure Gold 1.JPG (882.68 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 536 times.)

Neonkiss

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2011, 08:21:29 PM »

I have the same exact machine. Like I said, Only ever say two different glass sets for the Military machines,
The problem with mine was someone had installed two number one reel strips. So I have an extra number one. I had to make a number two reel strip and it's not the best.
Peel back the end of the strips and check the reel numbers. They were made by Sunkist Graphics.
You would be a life saver if you told me that your machine has 2 number two strips and 1 number three installed.

I would gladly trade you a number one for a number two. Crazy

Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2011, 09:20:42 PM »

Well I check my strips and they are 1, 2, 3, so sorry I don't have the missing strip... While I was checking that I did look at the pay out disk on the side of each reel. All 3 of mine have the same numbers P-8222-1, shouldn't they be numbered 1-3 like the reel strips? What do your say on them?

PS... Thanks for the copy of the manual.. Karma  +1 (Karma, or whatever) to you for that...

Neonkiss

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2011, 11:51:25 PM »

No those disc are correct.
The numbers on the disc refer to the number of stops. 22 and 24 if I recall correctly.

Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2011, 12:02:22 AM »

Ok thanks... I just thought it was strange they were the exact same on all 3...

Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2011, 06:40:58 PM »

I have the same exact machine. Like I said, Only ever say two different glass sets for the Military machines,
The problem with mine was someone had installed two number one reel strips. So I have an extra number one. I had to make a number two reel strip and it's not the best.
Peel back the end of the strips and check the reel numbers. They were made by Sunkist Graphics.
You would be a life saver if you told me that your machine has 2 number two strips and 1 number three installed.

I would gladly trade you a number one for a number two. Crazy

Hey Neonkiss... Does the #2 reel strip on your Military Bally machine have 4 Bar symbols on it? I have tracked down the source of my payout issue. I have 1 bar symbols between 2 cherry symbols that reads as an orange symbol. I was wondering if maybe there is a different set of reel strips for this machine? Every other symbol on all 3 reels read correct except for this one? I'll post pics of the reels and codes... The code reads test 5, reel 2, position 19, then 1 for and orange?

* 5-28-1.JPG (800.77 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 535 times.)

* 5-28-2.JPG (440.67 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 426 times.)

Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2011, 06:43:05 PM »

Here is the page for the Bally Military on test 5 reel readers...

* 5-28-3.JPG (545.27 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 387 times.)

Neonkiss

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2011, 10:17:35 PM »

I wish I could tell you.
My machine is 1,000 miles from me at this time.
I left it with my brother in-law up in Ohio.

Looks like you have located the issue.
You could just copy an orange and stick it over the bar. Silly Me!
When I made my #2 reel strip I did it off of the results of the reel test.
Maybe Barry Fox can shed some light on this. Send him a PM
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 10:23:20 PM by Neonkiss » Logged

FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 323

Me at work

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2011, 10:26:20 PM »

the military e-series do not have various strips - if they all have the gold symbol on them then those are the correct strips - did you check and make sure that the strip is mounted correctly?  they can "slide" if not crimped in.  do the reel reader test on each position to - that will aid in determining position of strip - if correct - then try moving reel reader - that could be your problem.
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2011, 12:14:39 AM »

You could just copy an orange and stick it over the bar. Silly Me!
When I made my #2 reel strip I did it off of the results of the reel test.
Maybe Barry Fox can shed some light on this. Send him a PM

Trust me I have thought of that if I can't figure this out...  hissy fit hissy fit   I've been in contact with Barry, were still working on it... I have run test #5 and that one symbol is the only one does not read correctly out of all 3 reels... Changing the reel reader didn't help...  Scratch Head

FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 323

Me at work

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2011, 09:03:33 AM »

only 1 position on that reel?   check the disc itself to make sure nothing is blocking one of the holes.   could be a bad wire at the reel board?  that would usually cause other misreads - make sure the reel is locking into the disc at that point. 
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2011, 01:14:30 PM »

I removed the reels yesterday and removed the e-clips, then took the assembly apart and inspected the disc. The only this I found was some dirt and oil and grease. Nothing was blocking any holes. I guess today I will look over the wiring from the reel readers to the control board. I  did notice one thing last night that has me puzzled. When I first power it up, my win meter/display is flickering. When it does I hear a clicking sound coming from inside of the machine. It's not loud and only does it when the display flickers? This only happens for about the first minute or two and when the machine is cold? I have had the ribbon cable off and checked it, the pins are clean and in good condition??

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.