Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 06, 2024, 04:57:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  my right speaker shut off of my s2k and wouldnt come back on??????
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: my right speaker shut off of my s2k and wouldnt come back on??????  (Read 7157 times)
staz
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 156

« on: May 25, 2011, 01:13:54 AM »

i checked the wires and played it for a while then it came back on and went off again then came back on and stayed on......whats  causing that? Scratch Head Scratch Head
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 233

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 01:18:41 AM »

Amp?  Speaker?  Connections?

Jason

Yoeddy's IGT Slot Machine Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/Yoeddy1
staz
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 01:35:22 AM »

how can i tell the amp? and it looks like all 3 speakers are running in the back panel some where? i suck when it comes to wires....lol i was thinking could it be my soundboard? now its working fine ....... it basiclly went out right after a jacpot hit and started playing jackpot music.......the base speaker and the left speaker stayed on while the right one had no sound comming out of it all not even a hiss......
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 233

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 01:46:27 AM »

Check menus to make sure it's still set to stereo in sound options.  From there, swap with another MML2 board if you have one.  After that, swapping amps might be worth a shot.  Did you power cycle the machine?

Jason

Yoeddy's IGT Slot Machine Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/Yoeddy1
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 01:57:02 AM »

Staz  just switch the two top speaker wires and see if the problem stays with the Right speaker or moves over to the Left one.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
staz
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 01:59:55 AM »

i will try that too.....
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2011, 02:02:52 AM »

Staz The simple way to fix it is, don't hit anymore Jack Pots !!

staz
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2011, 02:19:50 AM »

lol bust gut laughing that wouldnt be no fun not hitting jackpots........im also thinking the machine set on volume 5 with no resisters and it was running all day for like 10 hours and its very humid in my room, could that cause a speaker to shut off?? now its working......... ill see how it goes tomm....
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2011, 02:37:04 AM »

Sounds like a partly broken wire inside the wire covering of that particular speaker -
causing the intermittent speaker problems?  Scratch Head 3

Swapping left with right speaker connectors would isolate the suspect speaker.
staz
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2011, 10:14:50 AM »

okay came to the conclusion my speaker only goes out if the machine hits a jackpot and plays the jackpot music.... when it went out this morning again, i swapped it with the left speaker the right speaker works.....
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2011, 05:06:19 PM »

okay came to the conclusion my speaker only goes out if the machine hits a jackpot and plays the jackpot music.... when it went out this morning again, i swapped it with the left speaker the right speaker works.....
Staz,

I was thinking about this last night and your post seems to jive with my thoughts.... It is quite possible that the Jackpot Music is only programmed as mono, but the other music/sounds are programmed as stereo. The fact that it comes thru the left speaker supports this as that is the speaker that is traditionally the mono only speaker. I truely feel that there is nothing wrong with your machine.

CH CaptainHappy

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2011, 06:14:58 PM »

Staz,

I was thinking about this last night and your post seems to jive with my thoughts.... It is quite possible that the Jackpot Music is only programmed as mono, but the other music/sounds are programmed as stereo. The fact that it comes thru the left speaker supports this as that is the speaker that is traditionally the mono only speaker. I truely feel that there is nothing wrong with your machine.

CH CaptainHappy

Skipper I think you or I would pull the sound simm and clean the contacts just to make sure. 

Staz are you trying to tell us you hit TWO Jackpots in two days ???    Scratch Head Scratch Head Scratch Head 

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2011, 06:57:02 PM »

Staz,
Have you looked at the sounds settings for your machine?
Maybe there's an option for your Bonus round sounds to switch it between mono & stereo or enhanced sounds?
Play the different sound bytes using the sound tests and see what's happening...
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2011, 07:11:03 PM »

Bunker  I think stereo/mono  is a whole lot like the Gal you dated, she's either pregnant or she ain't. No such thing as almost pregnant.   You have stereo or you don't. In IO test, Staz can test the  different sounds.

( I would clean the simm )  but what the hell do I know, if I was smart I wouldn't own a slot machine.   Silly Me! Silly Me!

cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2011, 07:42:31 PM »

My Cleo does this occassionally. It's either that certain sounds aren't in stereo, the MPH doesn't always process correctly or the simm might be going bad. I've cleaned it a couple times and it still does it so I've learned to live with it
staz
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2011, 09:30:06 PM »

well im thinking its def not the jackpot music being in monno..... i had this machine over a year now and it payed out over 3 million in jackpots and this is the first time i encountered this problem......so i ruled out, it ant the speaker, it ant the machine being on mono, so my last 2 options it has to be either the amp board goin bad or it was the simm card...whats weird is i have 2 computer boards with the same chips and simm in them....this morning when it shut out i put in my old board and the speaker worked..... now on my new board i reseated the simm card and it looks like its working fine so far..... so why would a simm card make one speaker go out????? on the other hand it could be the amp so i think im gonna replace the amp board to be safe if i can figure out how to replace it.....and buzz ya it does hit jackpots every day at 75 or 150 a pull anything over 1195 it hits......
staz
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2011, 10:22:17 PM »

i hit like 3 jackpots just now and let the music play for like 15 minutes and it seems to be working fine now.... maybe it was the simm that needed to be reseated..... why would a simm card have an affect on a speaker to shut it off completely....... well i think im gonna buy a amp board to have as a spare part.... inleast this was a learning experience again.....now i no where the speakers plug into..... bust gut laughing bust gut laughing thanks guys for all your help  applause
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2011, 12:36:35 AM »

The contacts on the MMLBII are made of spring loaded steel tabs I think...
( I haven't really ever peered at them closely)
When you pulled the card and reseated it back into the board - you've basically changed
the tabs contact position ever so slightly just so that there is "fresh" contact points -
thus allowing electrical current and data signals to run through
the touched points  exponentially more efficiently... arrow

Of course, If you believe a word of what I've just said - I have some very old beads
that has been passed down throughout generations of my family and
would like to trade it back to you for Manhattan.... Tongue Out
But since we've never given you a title for it  Silly Me! - past rent will be sufficient... Crazy
staz
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2011, 12:58:41 AM »

it makes a little sense but why would a simm card shut down a speaker completely where you dont even here a hiss out of the speaker all of a sudden.... .....very strange.....
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2011, 01:07:01 AM »

Of course, If you believe a word of what I've just said - I have some very old beads
that has been passed down throughout generations of my family and
would like to trade it back to you for Manhattan.... Tongue Out
But since we've never given you a title for it  Silly Me! - past rent will be sufficient... Crazy

stir the pot / get cooking stir the pot / get cooking stir the pot / get cooking stir the pot / get cooking stir the pot / get cooking stir the pot / get cooking stir the pot / get cooking stir the pot / get cooking stir the pot / get cooking stir the pot / get cooking stir the pot / get cooking stir the pot / get cooking

staz
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2011, 01:16:21 AM »

so from what im understanding its 99.9% the amp...... not the simm card..... Silly Me!
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2011, 01:34:20 AM »

We don't really know yet.
You need to leave it on...let the machine really heat up and see if the problem comes back.
BY the way...what is the temperature in your topbox after the machine is on like---6 hours?
Throw a kitchen thermometer in there and post back some results and time length the machine is on.
It's a lot warmer down in your neck of the woods nowadays than... lets say...2 months ago?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.