Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:15:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Progressive Controllers, Displays and Slot Toppers
| |-+  Mikohn Progressive Systems.
| | |-+  CHAMII Message Programming help
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: CHAMII Message Programming help  (Read 4673 times)
b5srt
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 40

« on: May 26, 2011, 06:31:05 PM »

I am trying to program a message and cant seem to get it to work. I get into the PSP message programming menu and select #6 MESS.DO. The text window opens and I start the commands as follows F1 (start paragraph) F3 (travel motion) F6 (Speed command) then I enter 3 for speed. S-F3 (Dance command) S-F4 (Foreground color) CTRL-F4 (Double with char)  then I add my text    Blazing   Sevens    Free    Play      Then I hit F10 to exit and F1 to load, I look at the machine and it does say loading on the display but nothing ever happens. I even tried it without the S-F4 command thinking it would default as a normal scroll. 
 Scratch Head Scratch Head
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 09:48:15 PM »

Despite the appearance that it can, the ChamII+ in stand alone cannot display the mess.do file.  However, you can get custom messages displayed by tinkering with the jpot.do file -- insert jackpot token(s) (token number 8) to get the current amount to display, and add text and optional commands with that text as part of one long jpot.do file.  Make sure that the MFILE is set to 0 (set within the on-board buttons on the Mikohn unit), too, or it'll never display.

Start with just a word or two to make sure that it's working as you expect, then expand your jpot.do file.  There's a lot of trial-and-error involved, but once you get it displaying *something*, it's a matter of tweaking it until you get it how you like.

Edited to add:

Here's a video I took a long time ago of my meter (out of the machine) -- everything displayed in the video is just one long jpot.do file:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ag94RWzZF2k&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/ag94RWzZF2k&rel=0</a>

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
b5srt
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 11:09:07 PM »

Very cool set-up, I am getting a little confused on the Con1 & Con 2, it seems I can only load and write to Con 2. Is this the type of progressive unit ? Is this normal ?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 11:14:41 PM by b5srt » Logged
b5srt
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 11:46:04 PM »

Make sure that the MFILE is set to 0 (set within the on-board buttons on the Mikohn unit), too, or it'll never display.
I see the buttions how do you what setting it is on ?
b5srt
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2011, 01:39:10 AM »

Make sure that the MFILE is set to 0 (set within the on-board buttons on the Mikohn unit), too, or it'll never display.
I see the buttions how do you what setting it is on ?

figured it out, Thanks for the MFILE hint.
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2011, 01:44:19 AM »

If memory serves, use the "OLD" option when you start PSP to talk to the ChamII+. 

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.