Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 08:18:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  IGT S+ Slant Top Needs Some Fix'n
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT S+ Slant Top Needs Some Fix'n  (Read 32846 times)
slots4home
Slots 4 Home
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 352

« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2011, 12:09:13 AM »

Shipping should be about 7.00 usps priority.
I will send you a pm.
Darell

GSD Dan
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 4

« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2011, 08:59:11 PM »

Yea ! Yea! Yea! The machine is up running like a raped ape. I alreadt went thru about 60 spins without a hiccup. The bill validator wouldn't take a bill, but that's for another day. I got my clear and set chip in the mail today and I cleared the ram only. I'd like to take a moment out to thank you all. This forum is as professiona and friendly as it gets.

Thanks!
poppo
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2011, 09:10:22 PM »

Glad you got it working.  applause Enabling the BV is easy. Don't forget to set the denomination. And you will get the 61 again when you do that, but it should clear fine now.
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2011, 03:25:05 AM »

Yea ! Yea! Yea! The machine is up running like a raped ape. I alreadt went thru about 60 spins without a hiccup. The bill validator wouldn't take a bill, but that's for another day. I got my clear and set chip in the mail today and I cleared the ram only. I'd like to take a moment out to thank you all. This forum is as professiona and friendly as it gets.

Thanks!

I am glad that everyone here was able to help get you up and running!

Good Job folks! Karma Storm is a coming!!  lightning bolt +1 (Karma, or whatever) lightning bolt

CaptainHappy CaptainHappy

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
GSD Dan

« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2011, 01:25:53 PM »

OK All,
I'm back into this Triple Triple Diamond machine slant top. My mission now is to set up the bill validator to operate so that I don't have to keep opening the machine for quarters. Below is some data to help you point me in the right direction:

I have:
Set chip 90
Reel Chip: MECH SS6767, 08/210/95 (1-64), 1995 IGT L95-1881
Game Chip B9536YX, NM27C512Q, 120
Dip Switches are set to #3 on, rest are off.

I did put the set chip in the "Game" chip slot and got a 65-4 Advisory Message.

My bill validator lights up and make start up noises but won't suck in a bill.

Is this a SP1271 Machine?

Thanks in advance.

StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #55 on: July 02, 2011, 02:18:52 PM »

OK All,
I'm back into this Triple Triple Diamond machine slant top. My mission now is to set up the bill validator to operate so that I don't have to keep opening the machine for quarters. Below is some data to help you point me in the right direction:

I have:
Set chip 90
Reel Chip: MECH SS6767, 08/210/95 (1-64), 1995 IGT L95-1881
Game Chip B9536YX, NM27C512Q, 120      <----- This is the chip's hardware spec. 
Dip Switches are set to #3 on, rest are off.

I did put the set chip in the "Game" chip slot and got a 65-4 Advisory Message.

My bill validator lights up and make start up noises but won't suck in a bill.

Is this a SP1271 Machine?

Thanks in advance.

You posted the information about the physical chip design (printed on the chip by the manufacturers. We need the SP number, which should be on a sticker on top of the chip.

If it's not, you can get it by going into the test menu. With the machine in idle mode, open the door and press the white test button until you see a "4" in the coins played window. This might typically take 8 presses of the button.

The winner paid/credits windows should alternate between flashing the SP and SS numbers. Since you know that you have an SS6767, it will be the other number. arrow (probably between 0500 and 1400, and most likely 0731, 1271, or a number in the 700-800 or 1100-1300 range)

I'm not sure what a 65-4 error is, but if I had to guess, it means that the SET chip is incompatible with your SP chip -- meaning that you don't have an SP1271, but more likely an older SP chip, such as the SP0731.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 02:25:13 PM by StatFreak » Logged

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2011, 02:34:40 PM »

Also, the NM27C512Q is listed as a UV erasable EPROM.

That means two things. First, that it's a copy, and not an original IGT chip (which is just fine), and second, that since you were able to read the chip maker's data, I can surmise that it probably doesn't have a sticker on it. You should put a sticker on it to cover the window to protect the chip from accidental erasure or data corruption.

Stat garfield

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
GSD Dan

« Reply #57 on: July 02, 2011, 04:17:21 PM »

Thanks for your inputs. You are right, the chip didn't have have a sticker. I was able to determine that its a 0731 by following the directions above. I assume I need a different set chip for this game. I also pulled out my BV and it has two broken teeth, 180 out from each other. Its a dvb-200-B023. I'm going to order another and come back. I'll get the info you ask for. Just gimme a couple of days for the new one to come in. No sense in wasteing you time if I can't get past a broken BV, right?

Thanks
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 12:08:22 PM by GSD Dan » Logged
GSD Dan

« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2011, 01:44:33 PM »

I'm back! New BV transport and Set chip 015 (thanks SAMRON). I expect to be successful enabling the BV. If not, you'll certainly hear from me again.

Can ANYONE provide me the typical home settings for my machine. The game is a triple triple diamond SS6767 SP 0731. I thought I was doing well until I hit a 360 coin spin and the unit went into jackpot mode and locked up (light flashing and an annoying beep). No credits were given for the win. I was able to clear the using the jackpot key and resume playing without the fresh credits. Now, I have the dip switches all off except #3 is on to limit hopper payout to 300. I suspect these dip switches are not set appropriately for home use. I'm betting the other settings as well are way off.

I'd like the machine to limit hopper payout to 300 to preserve the coins but would like the earned credits to rack up as they are won.

Thanks in advance.
knagl

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #59 on: July 08, 2011, 07:08:18 PM »

Do you have the PSR sheet for your SP731 chip?  If not, I'll be happy to send it to you.  The PSR sheet explains the different settings available.

Unfortunately, the 731 does not support separate credit and hopper limits.  You can increase your hopper limit to a custom amount within the self test setup pages, but you cannot have the game rack up wins greater than the hopper limit and not hit a handpay.

You may wish to consider setting the limit to something like 500 so that if you hit Triple-7-7 (for 360 coins) it won't lock up unless you have more than 140 coins on the credit meter at the time.

Something to consider, too, would be to get a newer SP chip which allows separate credit and hopper limits.  Then, you could set your hopper limit to 40 coins (or whatever you wanted), and your credit limit to 1000 or so.  Then, all wins would go to the credit meter with the exception of Triple-Triple-7 and Triple-Triple-Triple wins.  (Or, you could set the credit limit to 9999 and all wins except the top award would go to the meter.)

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
GSD Dan

« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2011, 12:57:01 PM »

Thankyou, I do have the PSR sheets for this chip and about ready to start the programming. I have changed my dip switches to #1, #2, #3 to the ON position and 4-8 are off.  I'll just set the hopper and credit to the max limit and stock up on coins I guess. I'm also going to activate the DBV.

I'll be back to let you know how it went.
GSD Dan

« Reply #61 on: July 09, 2011, 01:51:55 PM »

OK, I'm not getting it. I have the Set 15 instructions and followed them to a Tee.
Insert set 15 in the game slot, re-insert mpu and turn the machine on.
"0" display, push white button, display  9_0, push spin reels, display 9_1, I set denom to 25, push white button, display 0.

Turn machine off, swap Set with Game chip. Cleared the 61 codes then played. I inserted coins and the machine worked. I tried to put a bill into the lit dbv and nothing. As before, it wouldn't even recognize that a bill was ready for validation.

Now, I'm assuming I only set the denom for the machine and didn't actually enable the bill validator or did I? I have the PSR for 0731 and not to sound like an idiot or anything, but the procedure to set up this machine simply weren't clear enough for this nub, nube, or ROCK (at this point- what ever term you choose).

If the DBV is lit up (green lights at entry) is it enabled?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 03:13:42 PM by GSD Dan » Logged
poppo

« Reply #62 on: July 09, 2011, 03:40:21 PM »

You did the set proceedure correctly.

What model of DBV is it? If the entry is lit, it should be enabled.

Does it take a bill and spit it out or does it not take a bill at all?

Depending on the DBV model, there may be dip switches on the BV that may need to be changed.
GSD Dan

« Reply #63 on: July 09, 2011, 03:48:13 PM »

Thanks for getting back. It does not take the bill at all. Its a DBV 200-B023. I pulled the side screws out and popped up optics and cleaned them with a warm soft cloth and tried it again. Maybe the whole unit is bad? The previous owner said it worked intermittedly.
poppo

« Reply #64 on: July 09, 2011, 04:11:07 PM »

First try flipping dip swith #10 on the bottom of the BV head the other way (power down first). If that does not work, put it back, and do the test described below. Read the directions carefully.

Note: all switches should normally be off with the exception of #10. It may be on or off depending on your ID.

* test.jpg (85.66 KB, 781x160 - viewed 302 times.)
GSD Dan

« Reply #65 on: July 09, 2011, 04:30:42 PM »

Quick Questions:

I looked at the positions of the dip switches and ALL were in the off positon. Is that the correct configuration? I did as you asked by setting DS #10 (bank 1) to "ON" and there was no change - still wouldn't take a bill. I'm going to perform the test you provided when I get home tonight.

After each step working the "Test", do I have to reassemble the unit and reinstall it back into the machine or can I test this outside the machine?
Thanks
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 04:36:26 PM by GSD Dan » Logged
poppo

« Reply #66 on: July 09, 2011, 04:45:23 PM »

Quick Questions:

I looked at the positions of the dip switches and all were in the off positon. Is that the correct configuration?

Yes, normaly. Sometimes #10 is on for some IDs which is why we always suggest to try flipping it.

After each step working the "Test", do I have to reassemble the unit and reinstall it back into the machine or can I test this outside the machine?
Thanks

Just remove the one center screw holding the head in place. Flip 1 & 6 on the second bank on. Power up the machine. With power applied, flip #6 off. The head should cycle. You can then just hold the head in place or put the one screw back in. It should accept a bill.
GSD Dan

« Reply #67 on: July 09, 2011, 05:05:35 PM »

ok! it took the bill! currently all dip switches are off except bank 2 switch #1 which is on. It took the bill but did not give me any credits for it. Remember I did the set 15 procedure outlined above.

What's next?
GSD Dan

« Reply #68 on: July 09, 2011, 05:07:13 PM »

Opps powered down then powered up and now nothing again. what did i miss?
poppo

« Reply #69 on: July 09, 2011, 05:10:47 PM »

ok! it took the bill! currently all dip switches are off except bank 2 switch #1 which is on. It took the bill but did not give me any credits for it.

That is all it was supposed to do. it just tests the head for operation.
poppo

« Reply #70 on: July 09, 2011, 05:12:12 PM »

Opps powered down then powered up and now nothing again. what did i miss?

You would have to flip #6 on again. But that's ok. just flip them all back off. All we needed to see is if the head was working, which it is.  

However since it won't even try to take a bill, something else is wrong. You might run the set chip again. If you pressed the self test too many times with the set, the denomination does not always 'stick' and it will reset to 0 if you get back to the start of the set menu. You can try verifying the denomination in the normal self test mode, or just run the set chip again. If you do the set again, just press the self test one time after setting the denomination and then power it down.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 05:18:58 PM by poppo » Logged
knagl

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #71 on: July 09, 2011, 09:02:12 PM »

If the DBV is lit up (green lights at entry) is it enabled?

I'm sorry, let's step back to this.  What "green lights" are you talking about?  Is the front faceplate bezel (it's likely either red or yellow and says something like, "Insert bills $1 to $100") lighting up after the machine goes through its power on routine? 

Is there a cash can stacker box firmly inserted inside the access door?

Is the access door to the cash can firmly closed?

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
poppo

« Reply #72 on: July 09, 2011, 09:07:38 PM »

I'm sorry, let's step back to this.  What "green lights" are you talking about? 

I wondered about that too, which is why I asked what model it was. Then I assumed maybe he had a sentry bezel when he said it was a DBV-200.
GSD Dan

« Reply #73 on: July 09, 2011, 09:17:55 PM »

On my machine, the insert bill faceplate looks green but I may be color blind. When I look in the bill slot, I can see green bars - if that makes sense. They're lit up. When I power the unit up. The BV cycles a few times then goes silent but the lights stay on. I'm really at a loss but I know this is a simple fix - I can feel it. I just don't know enough about this stuff yet.

Both the cash can and dbv unit seemed to be firmly in position with locking mechanisms set.. The door closed nicely without jamming. When I put a bill in to do the "test" by moving 1 and 6 dip switch, it took the bill and neatly stacked it in the can.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 09:38:10 PM by GSD Dan » Logged
poppo

« Reply #74 on: July 09, 2011, 09:53:58 PM »

On my machine, the insert bill faceplate looks green but I may be color blind. When I look in the bill slot, I can see green bars - if that makes sense. They're lit up. When I power the unit up. The BV cycles a few times then goes silent but the lights stay on.

Can you take a picture? Because the 'enabled' lamps are on the bezel and should not come on until after the machine finishes booting. You may just be seeing the red leds that are inside of the head if you are actually looking into the slot.

Your slant top may be a little different, but this (the circled part) is what lights up when the BV is enabled.

* bezel.jpg (348.91 KB, 816x636 - viewed 256 times.)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 09:59:08 PM by poppo » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.