Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 05:32:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Nubie first purchase of Bally s5500 need help
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nubie first purchase of Bally s5500 need help  (Read 7157 times)
Jjones
« on: June 14, 2011, 03:23:24 PM »

I have purchased my first machine and so excited.  What I have read from all of you I need to replace the batteries
Where do you order the batteries from? Where do I order the ram clear chips from?
The machine also is showing  c10 in the progressive display  I can not find anywhere that explains this code. Any help?

I love this sight and the way everyone helps each other
Thanks jack

The unit is a Bally S 5500 model S63U3WT20  mfd Date 10/97
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 04:03:10 AM by Jjones » Logged
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 05:59:09 PM »

Hi, Jack!  (Just don't expect me to shout that at an airport  Crazy )

Welcome to the site.   NLG Welcome

We need to know a little bit more about your machine.

What brand and model of machine do you have? (Edit: I see in the thread title now, Bally S5500)  Is the machine not working and that's why you need to replace the batteries and perhaps perform a RAM clear?  Please give us as much information as you can, and we'll be happy to help you.  A few pictures of the inside and the outside of the machine would be most helpful.

Please Post Pictures

The C10 in the progressive meter is a Mikohn code.  We'll also need to know what kind of Mikohn controller you have (again, a nice clear picture of the controller box and the labels on the chips on that box (typically located behind the top glass of the machine) will help a lot).

Be sure to always disconnect the power when working on your machine, and handle the glass with care -- depending on the game, it can be costly and/or nearly impossible to find replacement glass, so treat yours with extreme care.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 07:11:11 PM by knagl » Logged

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
bigslope
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 6

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 06:15:10 PM »

Hi Jack,

I also have 3 5500 Bally slots. All were not working when I got them but with the help of people on this site I had them up and running with ease.
I bought my battery's from ebay, the 3.6v fruit machine backup ones.

Mine could be ram cleared without the chips and if needed I can send you the procedure that I was shown to use.

Enjoy your slots, I love mine.
Jjones
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 02:32:18 AM »

Kevin   never thought of it that way
Its a Bally S 5500 Model S63U3WT20  Double Blazing 7 machine  Mfg Date 10/97

im not sure if the battery need replaced or not.
the wires on the coin reader are pulled from the plug.
the progressive display is reading C10

* IMG_5904.JPG (1048.52 KB, 1767x3535 - viewed 338 times.)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 04:23:00 AM by Jjones » Logged
Jjones
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 02:40:46 AM »

More pics
progressive card

* IMG_5909.JPG (1411.75 KB, 3569x1832 - viewed 316 times.)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 04:18:22 AM by Jjones » Logged
Jjones
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 04:15:53 AM »

coin reader
wires pulled from plug

* IMG_5911.JPG (1053.57 KB, 1936x1288 - viewed 309 times.)
Jjones
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2011, 04:17:11 AM »

main board

* IMG_5910.JPG (1518.29 KB, 1936x1288 - viewed 376 times.)
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2011, 07:00:21 AM »

Okay, excellent photos there.  I'm not a Bally expert (I'm sure one will chime in here shortly), but I agree that it looks concerning that there are wires hanging out of the harness to the Coin Comparator.

Based on the reel glass, this was a $0.05 machine, so you'll want to put a nickel into the comparator.  Slide the portion with the "Slide to Replace Coin" sticker on it to the right far enough to put a nickel in -- it's spring loaded, and will need to slide back up against the nickel once you've put it in position.  That's likely not going to solve all of your problems, but you'll for sure need a sample coin in there or it will never work.

Ignoring the C10 message in the progressive meter for the moment (it will need to be re-programmed, but that's a later step), does anything appear in the red LED displays just above the bill acceptor (to the right of the reels) when you turn the machine on?  How about when the main door is completely closed and latched?  Any codes, numbers, or dots that appear there will be helpful information to share so we can help you get your machine up and running.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Jjones
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2011, 11:08:29 AM »

In the win paid it has an 81.  I know it was hard to see in the pic, i was trying lol
Yes the wires i thought went to the coin reader thing as you see on the photo they are pulled out of the plug,  but the colors are not the same.

Thanks
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2011, 03:52:05 PM »

Paging Wayne.  Smiley  Does an 81 in the Win Paid meter mean anything?

StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2011, 06:55:13 PM »

81 is a dead battery. You'll need to change the battery on the MPU board, then do a full SafeRam clear, and reprogram all of the settings to your liking.

You have the newer 960000 Mains, so you'll need a set of clear chips to perform the clear. You can contact one of our vendors or just put a WTB ad in the classified section.

The S5500 is known for eating batteries for lunch (about one every 12-18 months) so I highly recommend installing a battery holder. If you want to be clever, mount the holder on the outside front of the MPU tray so that in the future you can change the battery with the power on. That will save you from having to clear and setup the machine unless the battery dies completely.

Personally, I chose to go with a standard AA holder and to buy the AA version of the 3.6v lithium batteries (the battery installed is a 1/2AA). The full AA has more mAh and the holder is easier to get. There are some other choices as well that members have documented. You can do a search of this (Bally Reel Games) board.

Stat garfield

P.S. You will have to set up the progressive settings on the machine when you set it up after the clear. It also sounds like you'll need to set up the Mikohn, which is a separate issue.

Here are the S5500 and Mikohn settings for the CHAMII+
http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=7606.0
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 07:05:31 PM by StatFreak » Logged

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Jjones
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2011, 03:54:34 PM »

Thanks Im going to get the battery and chips ordered.
Any ideas on the location on the plug for those wires on the coin comparitor. If I had a pic of someones plug or wiring diagram It would help. 
Thanks Guys  Jack
slots4home
Slots 4 Home
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 352

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2011, 09:22:47 PM »

The 81 code is a dead battery. The machine is a 97 year model which means you will need clear chips to clear after the battery change

bigslope
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 6

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2011, 11:25:53 AM »

Jack, If you look at my post in the link below you will see the picture of the coin lead.

The pins used are the 2nd, 4th and 6th from the top when plugged in.

Mine is

pin 2 - red

pin 4 - yellow

pin 6 - black.

Hope this helps.

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=13174.msg113410#msg113410

Jjones
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2011, 01:59:07 AM »

Stat  did your suggestion with the battery. Good idea. 

Got the 5500 clear chips from eBay link but it will not program.
What I read on the 960000 main chips I just install the chips hold the two buttons and turn it on.
When I do this I never see anything on the led. The bill collector will cycle the coin the reels shake and the speaker makes a noise for 1 - 2 seconds then there is a pause for 10 or so seconds and it starts over again. Any suggestions

Is there different clear chips for the 5500 vs the s5500. I ordered s5500 and I got pro slot 5500 chips

I have made sure the toggle is in the up position

There is a L in the credit line during the cycle for 2-3 sec

Any thoughts
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 11:28:14 PM by Jjones » Logged
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2011, 02:41:39 AM »

At first, I had no idea why you would see an "L, but then it occured to me that the "L" might be part of the CL that you are supposed to see once the machine clears.

My first suggestion is to make sure that you put the clear chips in correctly.
DIP chips have a notch at one end that must match up with the notch on the socket. If there is a white outline on the board under the socket, it might also have a notch drawn on one end that matches the socket. Also, make sure that none of the pins ended up bent under the chips when they were inserted and that they are all in their proper holes.

Second, make sure that the MPU board is well seated in the socket when you install it (with power OFF, of course.)

Third, frankly, I don't remember whether or not the JW10 jumper needs to be set when using the clear chips, but it couldn't hurt to try it for laughs. (Actually, I don't think it's necessary.)

Fourth, once you're sure that the chips and the board are installed properly, you have to push both the "pseudo coin" and "test" buttons simultaneously BEFORE you power up the machine and HOLD THEM through the power up cycle. While STILL HOLDING THEM, you should see a "CH C" (note the space) in the Winner Paid window. You then release the buttons and the display should change to "CL C". Don't release the buttons until you see the "CH C".

The buttons are very hard to keep pushed in. If your fingers don't hurt, you're not pushing hard enough.  arrow Duh!  Buzz was telling me that he sometimes takes a Bic lighter and holds it sideways against the buttons to press them. Gloves are another option. Tongue Out

Finally, if the clear is successful, the bet deck buttons and the candle lamps will start blinking. At that point, turn the machine off, replace the clear chips with the 960000 Mains, and power up. (If you tried using the JW10 jumper, make sure it's OPEN [off])

Let me know if any of this helps.

Stat garfield
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 02:49:10 AM by StatFreak » Logged

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.