Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 05:40:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Bally E-1216-2 error code 2 RAM failure battery good
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally E-1216-2 error code 2 RAM failure battery good  (Read 2387 times)
JimatPCA
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: June 23, 2011, 06:24:41 PM »

I have a Bally Continental model E-1216-2 that comes up with error code 2 on the display. I have checked the battery (4.0 VDC) and replaced the 5101 ram chips. I have also checked and substituted and tested the power supply and the IO board in a E2000 series game to make sure they are good. I have been able to get the game to go into some kind of test mode a couple of times by pressing the reset while holding the test button but the display goes back to "2" in the far right digit and blank everywhere else when I push the reset button. I have also resoldered the connector pins on the small board that has the 5101's on it. The manual I have says I need to refer to the " MPU Board Test Station Operator's Guide and Test Procedures". Also if anyone needs them, I have eprom images from this game and a model E-2212-33. Thanks for your assistance, Jim
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 323

Me at work

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 07:49:28 PM »

try adjusting the RAM board -the board with the battery attached to it  (daughter board) - sounds like you have bad edge connections.
JimatPCA
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 08:46:05 PM »

I have tried that. I also re-soldered the connectors on the daughter board and the corresponding headers on the MPU board and cleaned the pins. I also checked all the pins with an o'scope to make sure they were connected and had a good signal on them. I also checked every pin on both 5101's to make sure they had good signals. I also checked every pin on every chip on the daughter board. I don't have a schematic so I was just checking that each pin had some sort of signal. If I power up the game with one of the rams or eproms removed I get a 1 on the display instead of a 2. Could it be a bad eprom? I read them and here are the checksums. M1=7900 M2=BC00 M3=5F00 M7=1E56. The program version is 5.61. Thanks!
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 323

Me at work

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 09:31:41 PM »

M2 could be bad - or bad connection - could be bipolar proms as well -
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.