Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:10:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Need Suggestion / Help Removing Stuck Reel Glass from the door of a Bally E2000
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Need Suggestion / Help Removing Stuck Reel Glass from the door of a Bally E2000  (Read 2308 times)
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 308

« on: July 17, 2011, 01:38:52 PM »

Looking for some advice or suggestions on how to get a stuck reel glass off the door frame of a Bally E2000 machine.. I don't want to use a heat gun to try to loosen it up for fear of damaging the glass. Maybe some soapy water or WD 40 maybe?? I've tried pushing from the back, and taking a straight edge razor blade from the back and still nothing. I'm trying to save these since I'm scrapping the machines, but they seem to have some sort of a setting tape holding them in place..

Thanks Gary

If it's jammed, force it... If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway...
Joeylc
Founder and CEO of New_Life_Games_LLC
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 287

KG7NLG

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 03:10:38 PM »

Leave it out in the sun the door will heat up and loosen up the tape/glue..   Works in AZ.   wave

P.S.  we left a pallet of CRT outside and all of the touch screens fell off of the tube's  propeller propeller  The tape melted away...  frying pan frying pan frying pan

"The Seeds of our Ultimate Destruction are Slowly and Quietly being Planted in the Fertile soil of Political Correctness”
                                                                   Joey Carruthers 2011

Hottest day in the United States recorded August 11, 1983 at 2:21 p.m. was 132 F. - recorded in the shade at the Bullhead City Fire Department. 
BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

I Have gone to find myself, and if I get back before I return, keep me here!
  ???

1-888-NLG-SLOTS 928-754-4147
e-Bay ID NewLifeGames_net
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 308

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 04:27:28 PM »

Leave it out in the sun the door will heat up and loosen up the tape/glue..   Works in AZ.   wave

P.S.  we left a pallet of CRT outside and all of the touch screens fell off of the tube's  propeller propeller  The tape melted away...  frying pan frying pan frying pan

Thanks for the suggestion.. Coming from Arizona my self I understand the power of the Southwest sun shine    very hot, but back here in Michigan it's something we don't see that often  Frozen.. Come to find out just a little bit of WD40 sprayed around the glass allowed it to come right out, just finished getting them loose and was coming in to post my findings. I hope you were not planning on using those CRTs and touch screens, sounds like you had a mess on your hands...   Silly Me! Duh!

If it's jammed, force it... If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.