Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 05:53:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  EBay and other online auction sites news and info.
| |-+  Craigs List (Moderator: Brianzz)
| | |-+  Fortune 1 video poker... waste of time and money???
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fortune 1 video poker... waste of time and money???  (Read 3540 times)
crgadyk
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 35

« on: July 22, 2011, 01:11:13 PM »

Found this ad on craigslist... http://columbus.craigslist.org/ele/2507185917.html

I've always wanted a video poker machine and don't have the cash for a game king or bally game maker. Since that thing is so old and I'm not exactly an electronics expert, is it even worth thinking about it? I could use the slot stand for my S+ since he's giving it away free with the machine but I'd rather not deal with it if its going to be a huge pain in the rear end.

here's the ad for when the ad gets dropped and that link no longer works...
IGT Fortune 1 Draw Poker Slot machine. Made in 1984 it is the first generation of video poker. Machine does power on. Sometimes it plays sometimes it does not. It has some issues. The machine is as is. Bought the $15 battery for the main board and have the field service manual which was like $25. I do not know enough about electronics to even read the manual. It is very heavy and in the basement so bring a dolly or a friend. It does have a slot machine stand too. It is old but setup to accept the overflow of quarters from the hopper. The stand is optional. It is free, but you do not have to take it.

knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 05:03:21 PM »

It's gonna be a little bit of a pain, but if it's at least sometimes working that's a good thing -- you should more easily be able to identify what is happening when it stops working and go from there.  For $75 with a stand, I think I'd go for it provided I had enough time and patience to tinker with it.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
crgadyk
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 05:14:58 PM »

Thanks, I figured its going to be tougher than the S+ slot that I got working but I could use a new challenge. I was worried that parts would be non existant but worst case if I offered the guy $50 for it, I could use the stand for my slot  applause

I like a good challenge so it might be worth it.
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 05:28:57 PM »

It very well may be tougher compared to an S+, and parts for a Fortune I will be harder to find, but if it's "sometimes" working then it could be something simple like a loose connection somewhere or a bad solder joint or something.  I'd insist on him showing you it working before you hand over the cash.  If it's completely dead, it'll be tougher to troubleshoot.  If you like a good challenge, though, I think this may be for you.  Smiley

Worst case, as you mention, you'll get a slot stand out of the deal, and can likely still sell the non-working machine "as is" to someone else.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
crgadyk
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 06:05:48 PM »

I just talked to the seller. He said he's 100% sure it will start up but its probably a 50/50 chance that it will actually play a hand. He has the manual with it which is a good start. Looks like I'm probably heading up Sunday to take a look at it.
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2011, 06:54:10 PM »

As long as it will start up and display stuff on the screen, we can get you going from that point for sure.  It's just tough when you're "blindfolded" if the monitor isn't working and you can't see what is or isn't happening.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.