Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 04:34:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  Welcome wagon and General Chat (Off-Topic Post Welcome) (Moderator: Ron (r273))
| | |-+  thinking of buying a savanah f1 cat
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: thinking of buying a savanah f1 cat  (Read 8378 times)
staz
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 156

« on: July 28, 2011, 02:58:36 AM »

does anyone on here own a savanah cat....... they look so exotic....... now all i need is 10k to pay for one..... there very pricey
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/_6ASkfXHdI4&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/_6ASkfXHdI4&rel=0</a>
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 04:42:10 AM »

They're beautiful. The articles say they are very intelligent, outgoing and loyal. Wiki-grain-of-salt-pedia says they'll follow you around the house like dogs do.

Of course, you don't need special breeds of cats to get them to follow you around the house, just lots of love. Mine do it all the time. yes

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 07:07:53 AM »

They're beautiful. The articles say they are very intelligent, outgoing and loyal. Wiki-grain-of-salt-pedia says they'll follow you around the house like dogs do.

Of course, you don't need special breeds of cats to get them to follow you around the house, just lots of love. Mine do it all the time. yes

garfield
You sure that you don't have pockets full of treats??? And how does the FAKE cat follow you around? Scratch Head

Cry Laughing CaptainHappy

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
staz
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 01:02:31 PM »

they def are beautiful......i just gotta find out the laws in ct. if i can get one... im finding mixed reviews iof there legal or not...
reho33
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 146

Slot Losers of America / Tokie Owens

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 02:34:06 PM »

Staz, I saw a guy at the Sands here in PA make about 18K in an hour on a 100 dollar WOF. Sucked that he had to wait about 10-15 mins each time the hand pay had to be made. Not bad for 1hr work! Maybe you could pay for the cat that way.

** NOTE: The information contained in any of my posts relating to slot machine ownership and use is information that I have gathered from publicly known sources correspondingly under the same protections of Free Speech governed under the Laws of the United States and Canada and is for informational use only. As is my Constitutional Right under United States and Canadian Laws the redistribution of said information is considered a form of free speech. Using this information in the United States or Canada to conduct illegal gambling in states/provinces where it is unlawful has been declared against the law in those states/jurisdictions and as such I do not advocate the illegal use of such information under both the United States and Canadian Laws. All references and examples of personal experiences are hypothetical in nature, and it is up to you to determine if the information presented is applicable to your situation or not**
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 363

PET

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 02:50:26 PM »

Maybe I can trade the wife's cats in on one of them. They  are different.
poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2011, 03:09:56 PM »

Maybe I can trade the wife's cats in on one of them.

Some might rather keep the cat.  Tongue Out
poppo

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2011, 03:13:21 PM »

The articles say they are very intelligent, outgoing ...

With my luck, it would figure out how to get out, and then keep going.  arrow

Beautiful cats though.  yes
StatFreak

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2011, 05:24:23 PM »

The articles say they are very intelligent, outgoing ...

With my luck, it would figure out how to get out, and then keep going.  arrow

Beautiful cats though.  yes

They are also supposed to be very inquisitive and good jumpers. You (or Staz) would probably have to cat-proof your home with cabinet locks, etc.  Tongue Out

Here's a fun Wiki-point: arrow frying pan

Many Savannah cats do not fear water, and will play or even immerse themselves in water. Some owners even shower with their Savannah cats.[7] Presenting a water bowl to a Savannah may also prove a challenge, as some will promptly begin to "bat" all the water out of the bowl until it is empty, using their front paws.

7^ "Meet the breeds". Kittens USA (Fancy Publications) 10: 64–69. 2006-2007.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
StatFreak

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2011, 05:34:26 PM »

they def are beautiful......i just gotta find out the laws in ct. if i can get one... im finding mixed reviews iof there legal or not...

Staz, it looks like you're SOL, unless you decide to view Savannahs as you do slot machines.  Duh!

CONNECTICUT:

Summary:  No hybrids other than Bengals registered with an international cat registry and who were registered with the Commissioner of Agriculture on or before October 1, 1996 are allowed.

http://www.cga.ct.gov/2007/pub/Chap490.htm#Sec26-40a.htm

Sec. 26-40a. Possession of potentially dangerous animal. Bill for costs of confiscation. Civil penalty.
For the purposes of this section, the following wildlife, or any hybrid thereof, shall be considered as potentially dangerous animals: The felidae, including, but not limited to, the lion, leopard, cheetah, jaguar, ocelot, jaguarundi cat, puma, lynx and bobcat; the canidae, including, but not limited to, the wolf and coyote; and the ursidae, including, but not limited to, the black bear, grizzly bear and brown bear. No person shall possess a potentially dangerous animal. Any such animal illegally possessed may be ordered seized and may be disposed of as determined by the Commissioner of Environmental Protection. The Department of Environmental Protection shall issue a bill to the owner or person in illegal possession of such potentially dangerous animal for all costs of seizure, care, maintenance and disposal of such animal. Additionally, any person who violates any provision of this section shall be assessed a civil penalty not to exceed one thousand dollars, to be fixed by the court, for each offense. Each violation shall be a separate and distinct offense and in the case of a continuing violation, each day's continuance thereof shall be deemed to be a separate and distinct offense. The Commissioner of Environmental Protection may request the Attorney General to institute an action in Superior Court to recover such penalty and any amounts owed pursuant to a bill issued in accordance with this section. The provisions of this section shall not apply to municipal parks, zoos and nature centers, or museums, laboratories and research facilities maintained by scientific or educational institutions; to a person possessing a Bengal cat certified by an internationally recognized multiple-cat domestic feline breeding association as being without wild parentage for a minimum of four prior generations which cat was registered with the Commissioner of Agriculture on or before October 1, 1996, provided no such cat may be imported into this state after June 6, 1996; or to persons possessing animals legally on or before May 23, 1983. In any action taken by any official of the state or any municipality to control rabies, a Bengal cat shall be considered not vaccinated for rabies in accordance with accepted veterinary practice.

7/3/08

Disclaimer: Please check all local, city, county, township, homeowners' ordinances in your area first before acquiring any hybrid or exotic animals.

Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2011, 05:35:26 PM »

I have the perfect swimming pool for one of them.    applause applause applause

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
StatFreak

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2011, 05:44:14 PM »

garfield
You sure that you don't have pockets full of treats??? And how does the FAKE cat follow you around? Scratch Head

Cry Laughing CaptainHappy

The FAKE cat has gotten bolder in his old age, after years of watching the dominant behavior of the REAL cat. rotflmao rotflmao
This makes for some interesting situations, since the 10lb real cat can't stand being "number two," and will shove his way between me and the 18lb fake cat.
I usually end up with a face-full of hair. Cry Laughing Cry Laughing Cry Laughing

StatFreak

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2011, 05:45:20 PM »

I have the perfect swimming pool for one of them.    applause applause applause

Sorry Buzz. That won't work: they're great swimmers and like water. knockout
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 06:39:52 PM by StatFreak » Logged

Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2011, 06:09:17 PM »

Bunny Shoot Bunny Shoot Bunny Shoot Bunny Shoot Bunny Shoot Bunny Shoot Bunny Shoot Bunny Shoot Bunny Shoot Bunny Shoot Bunny Shoot Bunny Shoot Bunny Shoot Bunny Shoot Bunny Shoot  YES IT WILL

I have the perfect swimming pool for one of them.    applause applause applause

Sorry Buzz. That's won't work: they're great swimmers and like water. knockout

poppo

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2011, 06:14:54 PM »

YES IT WILL

* cat.jpg (34.87 KB, 520x395 - viewed 329 times.)
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2011, 06:36:56 PM »

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=8774.0      Reply #5 on down   Tongue Out Tongue Out Tongue Out

staz
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2011, 06:52:51 PM »

screw ct laws lol....... thats like saying we live in ct and dont have slot machines hahahahahahaha

Staz, it looks like you're SOL, unless you decide to view Savannahs as you do slot machines.  Duh!

CONNECTICUT:

Summary:  No hybrids other than Bengals registered with an international cat registry and who were registered with the Commissioner of Agriculture on or before October 1, 1996 are allowed.

http://www.cga.ct.gov/2007/pub/Chap490.htm#Sec26-40a.htm

Sec. 26-40a. Possession of potentially dangerous animal. Bill for costs of confiscation. Civil penalty.
For the purposes of this section, the following wildlife, or any hybrid thereof, shall be considered as potentially dangerous animals: The felidae, including, but not limited to, the lion, leopard, cheetah, jaguar, ocelot, jaguarundi cat, puma, lynx and bobcat; the canidae, including, but not limited to, the wolf and coyote; and the ursidae, including, but not limited to, the black bear, grizzly bear and brown bear. No person shall possess a potentially dangerous animal. Any such animal illegally possessed may be ordered seized and may be disposed of as determined by the Commissioner of Environmental Protection. The Department of Environmental Protection shall issue a bill to the owner or person in illegal possession of such potentially dangerous animal for all costs of seizure, care, maintenance and disposal of such animal. Additionally, any person who violates any provision of this section shall be assessed a civil penalty not to exceed one thousand dollars, to be fixed by the court, for each offense. Each violation shall be a separate and distinct offense and in the case of a continuing violation, each day's continuance thereof shall be deemed to be a separate and distinct offense. The Commissioner of Environmental Protection may request the Attorney General to institute an action in Superior Court to recover such penalty and any amounts owed pursuant to a bill issued in accordance with this section. The provisions of this section shall not apply to municipal parks, zoos and nature centers, or museums, laboratories and research facilities maintained by scientific or educational institutions; to a person possessing a Bengal cat certified by an internationally recognized multiple-cat domestic feline breeding association as being without wild parentage for a minimum of four prior generations which cat was registered with the Commissioner of Agriculture on or before October 1, 1996, provided no such cat may be imported into this state after June 6, 1996; or to persons possessing animals legally on or before May 23, 1983. In any action taken by any official of the state or any municipality to control rabies, a Bengal cat shall be considered not vaccinated for rabies in accordance with accepted veterinary practice.

7/3/08

Disclaimer: Please check all local, city, county, township, homeowners' ordinances in your area first before acquiring any hybrid or exotic animals.

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2011, 01:10:46 AM »

screw ct laws lol....... thats like saying we live in ct and dont have slot machines hahahahahahaha

...or Persian carpets, or Cuban cigars, or fully automatic weapons, or ...etc, etc... Tongue Out

Who the heck made up these stupid laws...Betty Crocker ?!?!?
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2011, 06:05:59 AM »

Poppo,

Buzz already answered above when he referred you to the previous post about his "love" of Cats!

Anyway I was going to let you know that "Puppy Dog Eyes" errr... Kitty Cat Eyes will not work on Buzz EVER!!! Cry Laughing

CH CaptainHappy

Buzz beat me to the Punch. Line that is! rotflmao Crazy wave

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.