Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:50:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Monitor Repair Log and Database. **Arcade and Gaming**
| |-+  Monitor Repair Tech Support
| | |-+  Screen Adjustment Need Help
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Screen Adjustment Need Help  (Read 2504 times)
tiger123
« on: July 30, 2011, 03:25:01 PM »

Pot o gold crt screen 19" with 3" x 4" vert-horiz controller(not sure what brand crt)
The problem is the screen is pulled to the left which eats up 20% of the viewing area.
I've tried to make all sorts of adjustments and nothing seem to budge it from the left side.
up and down, side to side.... no problem, it just that part of the left screen seem like it is behind a curtain!
Hope I'm making sense trying to explain. Its not the problem with the controller nor the variable potentiometer
since I tried to swap out the controller with a working one and it registered the same. I'm sure it is problem board related.
Already swapped out all the caps.... flybacks just to brighten or darken the screen. thanks in advance for all your help.  Hail
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 08:31:47 PM »

I've moved this thread to the monitor tech support board because it's more of a monitor problem than a POG problem.

That should give you more visibility with our monitor repair experts.

StatFreak garfield
nlg  Global Moderator

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
channelmaniac
Surface mount soldering geek
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 568

Few things are better than fixing an old game...

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 12:40:39 AM »

Some monitors have pins that stick up out of the board and a wire connector that slides over them for making rough adjustments to horizontal and vertical position.

Check to see if your monitor has those.

I have too many hobbies! Electronics, gunsmithing, Miatas, arcade games, metal detecting, etc...

http://www.arcadecomponents.com
Firebird
Contributing Gold NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 5

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2011, 10:57:45 PM »

Might also help if you would post picture of your monitor and the board.

Please Post Pictures Please Post Pictures
kforeman
Today...Slot Tech Tomorrow...Still be a Tech
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 42

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2011, 01:18:58 AM »

Pot o gold crt screen 19" with 3" x 4" vert-horiz controller(not sure what brand crt)
The problem is the screen is pulled to the left which eats up 20% of the viewing area.
I've tried to make all sorts of adjustments and nothing seem to budge it from the left side.
up and down, side to side.... no problem, it just that part of the left screen seem like it is behind a curtain!
Hope I'm making sense trying to explain. Its not the problem with the controller nor the variable potentiometer
since I tried to swap out the controller with a working one and it registered the same. I'm sure it is problem board related.
Already swapped out all the caps.... flybacks just to brighten or darken the screen. thanks in advance for all your help.  Hail

does it look like the picture is backwards on the section that is "behind a curtain?"  another way to kinda describe it would be as if the entire picture was pulled to the side and wrapped around a piece of glass so you are actually seeing the "back" of the picture behind part of it?  if that sounds about like what you're seeing - i know these are terrible descriptions - then i would say you maybe have the wrong tube for your board; especially if this is a Ceronix unit.  the Ceronix boards were configured to only work with certain tubes, i think it was due to different yoke voltages between the tubes but can't remember for sure.  good luck!! Soccerball

Now You're Techin'!!!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.