Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 06:39:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  BALLY Game Maker. (Moderator: tacman)
| | |-+  Gamemaker Disabled, won't recognize clear chip
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gamemaker Disabled, won't recognize clear chip  (Read 4865 times)
rmccoy67
« on: August 01, 2011, 10:27:04 PM »

I have a Gamemaker v7000. I am attempting to change some games, but the machine won't recognize the clear chip. The machine was working fine prior to swapping 3 games. I have ordered a new clear chip, installed it but still am getting the same message: "Saferam failure; Game Disabled. To run saferam clear please insert clear chip... Otherwise reset dipswitches. Main saferam: Fail, Backup 1: Fail, Backup 2: Fail"

I could use a little help, if anyone has the time.

What I have done already..... Powered Down----> Removed Board---> Set DPSW1 to on (7 & 8 once and all once)-----> removed gamechips----> installed clear chip to P10-----> Installed new games ---> Re-inserted board ----> Powered ON ----> screen displays message stated above.

When I initially changed the games, I did not have a clear chip..... The games were not recognized so I reinstalled the old games and put it back together. The game worked fine, with the exception that the games I had removed and reinstalled were no longer on the menu. I waited for the clear chip to arrive.... Then started the steps above and the game has not worked since that time. I thought it was a bad clear chip so I had the guy from eBay send another one..... same story......

HELP. This game belongs to my mother-in-law and I am losing points DAILY hahaha.

Thanks,
Russ

RayV
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 5

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 12:28:25 AM »

It looks like to me that you initiated a total clear that did not complete when you changed the dipswitch settings.
For a game change only, you do not need to change the DPSW1 setting.
I am attaching a PDF below with the total clear instructions, I hope this helps.

* Gamemaker Saferam SHORT TOTAL CLEAR instructions.pdf (120.91 KB - downloaded 1621 times.)
RayV
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 5

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 12:41:45 AM »

I can't find my game change only instructions, but here is a link with them at the bottom of the post.
http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=163.0
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 08:06:17 AM »

While it is possible to change games without doing a full clear, keep in mind that you cannot have 10 games installed if you do so.

That method still requires the clear chip, which can be installed in any socket for a partial clear (not just P10), but no game chip can be inserted into the socket where the clear chip was used, leaving you with a maximum of 9 installed games.

rmccoy67, have you checked your battery? That's the first thing I'd do.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
StatFreak

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 08:12:17 AM »

Oh, and NLG Welcome  Russ wave

When I initially changed the games, I did not have a clear chip..... The games were not recognized so I reinstalled the old games and put it back together. The game worked fine, with the exception that the games I had removed and reinstalled were no longer on the menu.

This behavior is normal.

Besides checking the battery voltage (should be 3.7v, and no lower than 3.2v or so), make sure that you're putting the chips in properly (including the clear). The notch on the chip needs to match the direction of the notch on the socket (and the board). Also, when installing 28 pin chips into the 32 pin sockets, you must place the chips so that the unused socket holes are above the notch end of the chips.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 08:19:34 AM by StatFreak » Logged

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
rmccoy67
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 08:46:22 PM »

While it is possible to change games without doing a full clear, keep in mind that you cannot have 10 games installed if you do so.

That method still requires the clear chip, which can be installed in any socket for a partial clear (not just P10), but no game chip can be inserted into the socket where the clear chip was used, leaving you with a maximum of 9 installed games.

rmccoy67, have you checked your battery? That's the first thing I'd do.

Yes, The battery was changed last year at the dealer where the game was purchased. I did however check the battery voltage with my voltmeter and it tests high in the "good" range. I am using an analog meter so the reading falls between 3.5 and 3.7 approx.

StatFreak..... The chips are installed correctly, and I have tried placing the clear chip in multiple sockets, yet the machine still asks for the chip to be inserted.

SIde Note... I do have the complete manual for the machine on CD. When initiating the game change procedures I followed the instructions very closely. I am fearing that the clear chip was bad, and has caused a problem with the mains..... any thoughts?

StatFreak

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2011, 12:19:58 AM »

StatFreak..... The chips are installed correctly, and I have tried placing the clear chip in multiple sockets, yet the machine still asks for the chip to be inserted.

Just to clarify, the only time you can put the clear chip in a socket other than P10 is if you're doing a partial clear game change (DIPSW1, sw 7 on*) . For the full clear (DIPSW 1, sw's 7 & 8 on**) you must put the chip in P10.

*It's been a while, but that's specifically what I added to my notes back when I did it. According to the manual, sw7 sets the EEPROM clear and sw8 sets the Saferam clear.  If I'm wrong and it's sw 8 for a partial clear, I'm sure someone will correct me. arrow

** I have never had to turn on all 8 switches to do a full clear. If you look at their listed functions in the manual, it shouldn't be necessary for a home machine.

SIde Note... I do have the complete manual for the machine on CD. When initiating the game change procedures I followed the instructions very closely. I am fearing that the clear chip was bad, and has caused a problem with the mains..... any thoughts?

It's possible the the fleapay seller is making bad copies or that they have all been bad by coincidence. I suppose there's a longshot that the actual memory chips used to store the Saferam data have gone bad.

As for the problem being caused by damaged Mains, I don't think so, but perhaps someone with more experience might be able to answer that question.

P.S. Obviously, you should only be trying to do a full clear at this point.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 12:25:02 AM by StatFreak » Logged

a69mopar
647-402-1977

Total Karma Storms: 600

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2011, 12:44:36 AM »

You wrote that you removed the game chips then cleared the machine.  You only need to remove the p10 game chip, all of the others can stay in.  I have had to change the Saferam chips on boards before due to the chip itself going bad.

Thanks,
Wayne

I have a Gamemaker v7000. I am attempting to change some games, but the machine won't recognize the clear chip. The machine was working fine prior to swapping 3 games. I have ordered a new clear chip, installed it but still am getting the same message: "Saferam failure; Game Disabled. To run saferam clear please insert clear chip... Otherwise reset dipswitches. Main saferam: Fail, Backup 1: Fail, Backup 2: Fail"

I could use a little help, if anyone has the time.

What I have done already..... Powered Down----> Removed Board---> Set DPSW1 to on (7 & 8 once and all once)-----> removed gamechips----> installed clear chip to P10-----> Installed new games ---> Re-inserted board ----> Powered ON ----> screen displays message stated above.

When I initially changed the games, I did not have a clear chip..... The games were not recognized so I reinstalled the old games and put it back together. The game worked fine, with the exception that the games I had removed and reinstalled were no longer on the menu. I waited for the clear chip to arrive.... Then started the steps above and the game has not worked since that time. I thought it was a bad clear chip so I had the guy from eBay send another one..... same story......

HELP. This game belongs to my mother-in-law and I am losing points DAILY hahaha.

Thanks,
Russ

www.GTASLOTS.com      647-402-1977              BALLY S6000 GALLERY
StatFreak

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2011, 05:11:13 AM »

-----> removed gamechips----> installed clear chip to P10-----> Installed new games --->

You wrote that you removed the game chips then cleared the machine.  You only need to remove the p10 game chip, all of the others can stay in.  I have had to change the Saferam chips on boards before due to the chip itself going bad.

Thanks,
Wayne

Good catch Wayne.  applause applause +1 (Karma, or whatever)

If the ram chips are okay, then you need to populate the 9 other slots with the games you want along with the clear chip in P10 before starting a full clear. You then power up the machine with switches 7 & 8 on and go though the process as instructed onscreen. Some Mains will go through the initial hardware/machine options setup with the clear installed and some will have you remove it first. Either way, the machine will instruct you when to remove the clear. At that point power off, pull the board, remove the clear in P10 and replace it with the game that you want there. Leave the other 9 chips alone. Turn off switches 7 & 8, reinsert the board, and power up. The machine should then go into the initial game setup screens (or the hardware/machine options for some Mains).

Stat garfield

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.