Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 07:21:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Bill Validators and Currency acceptors
| |-+  JCM WBA 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 20, 21, 22, and 23 Bill Validators
| | |-+  WBA 12 Sluggish Motor Sound
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WBA 12 Sluggish Motor Sound  (Read 15643 times)
5 ACES
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 16

« on: August 02, 2011, 04:00:20 AM »

Hello, I have an S+ that has a WBA 12 in it. The problem that I notice is that when you insert a bill into it, it sounds as though it is having a hard time moving the bill through, as though the motors are sluggish and slow. I took it out and cleaned it somewhat but it is still making the noise as if the motors are weak and it really struggles to get the bill into the cash box. What can be done to fix this and where is a good place to buy the needed parts? Thanks!!
morning_glory21
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 06:23:20 PM »

Hello, I have an S+ that has a WBA 12 in it. The problem that I notice is that when you insert a bill into it, it sounds as though it is having a hard time moving the bill through, as though the motors are sluggish and slow. I took it out and cleaned it somewhat but it is still making the noise as if the motors are weak and it really struggles to get the bill into the cash box. What can be done to fix this and where is a good place to buy the needed parts? Thanks!!

after many years of use the motors in the WBA are often too weak to push the stacker efficiently.  replacement is the only option i know of; AG&E sells them for anywhere from $25-$40 depending on which motor and if you get the high-torque version(s).  you may be able to get some from one of the vendors at the top of the page for less than that though.  g/l
5 ACES

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 07:17:02 PM »

Thank you morning glory21! I think that I am going to replace both of the motors but I just have one last question. I found this motor on the site you told me about: http://americangaminginc.com/products/products.asp?ItemId=78229. One of the motors in the BV is silver and the other is gold. Can I put two of the same motors in the BV or are they both different?
blueridgeslots
703 730-0821
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1262

703 730-0821

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 08:53:57 PM »

2 Different Motors, the one AGE have are the High Torque, you probably have the normal ones, we sell the #328 Motor Brand New with new Flag Gear for $20 and can supply the other motor if you want as well, however we have found many other things can slow down a BV, most likely the Head and al;so the shafts and bushings are gummed up, just replacing the motors may help but don't expect zippity quick speeds from a older unit, you may be better off getting a nice used unit or even like new unit for what you would spend on 2 motors and shipping from AG&E heck we can even sell you a nice unit that takes the New NexGen $5 in the S+

Selling Quality Tested and Guaranteed Slot Parts and Machines at Wholesale

http://stores.ebay.com/BLUE-RIDGE-SLOT-SERVICE
5 ACES

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 09:18:43 PM »

Wow! Thanks blueridgeslots! I'll tell ya what, this BV looks like it's seen better days, so would you be so kind to quote me a price on the following?  A nice unit that takes the New NexGen $5 in the S+ and just for shit's and giggles, the price for 2 of those motors. Right now, I'm leaning more in the direction of just replacing the entire BV with one that takes the new $5 bills. Thanks again for your help! I look forward hearing back from you!!
kforeman
Today...Slot Tech Tomorrow...Still be a Tech
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 42

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2011, 01:04:31 AM »

2 Different Motors, the one AGE have are the High Torque, you probably have the normal ones, we sell the #328 Motor Brand New with new Flag Gear for $20 and can supply the other motor if you want as well, however we have found many other things can slow down a BV, most likely the Head and al;so the shafts and bushings are gummed up, just replacing the motors may help but don't expect zippity quick speeds from a older unit, you may be better off getting a nice used unit or even like new unit for what you would spend on 2 motors and shipping from AG&E heck we can even sell you a nice unit that takes the New NexGen $5 in the S+
Agree with Post we've had WBA's on our floor since their release in the late 90's and i agree that there is only so much that "new" motors will accomplish.  like Jim said your issue could be in the head itself, if you have another "known good" head i would slap it in to eliminate that possibility. the transport can be rebuilt, i think every part is available from AG&E but you really don't want to go too far into these things, there are literally hundreds of tiny ass parts that would make Handy Smurf speak Greek.  censored Pull Hair banghead
with the option for a "like new" unit from Jim for what you would pay for a few motors i would save myself the headaches and give Jim a call!  yes cheers

edit:  ha! i said litterally  CatEyes .....cats annoy me
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 01:58:38 AM by kforeman » Logged

Now You're Techin'!!!
5 ACES

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2011, 01:43:10 AM »

I agree, kforeman. After looking inside the guts to this thing, I would be better off putting in an entire unit instead of trying to figure out why it's so sluggish. I'll get a hold of Jim and see what he has. I should have replaced this BV a long time ago but ended up spending my money on S+ kits!  Silly Me!
staz
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 156

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2011, 01:47:21 AM »

heres a vid of what your new or almost new wba12  will sound like and the speed it will take your money.......id def recomend getting a new or almost new one......... jim at blue  will hook you up....

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/_CtsoCcIHJ0&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/_CtsoCcIHJ0&rel=0</a>
5 ACES

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2011, 01:56:02 AM »

OMG!! That is fast! Thanks for the video, staz! My BV is about 50% that speed and sounds more like a burp when you put money in it. That one you have has a nice, clean, fast sound to it. I love it!!  applause
5 ACES

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2011, 03:13:22 AM »

Well, good news! I found the problem to the sluggish BV. It was an old piece of tape that was wrapped around two of the gears. Works great now. Thanks to everybody for the help and great advise! One more question though: Is it possible to get the new $5 bills to work with this WBA 12 BV?
morning_glory21
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2011, 04:25:05 AM »

yep it's possible.  you're going to have to flash the new firmware onto the transport though so you may be better off buying one from Jim; my understanding is that it takes special and costly devices to do the flash.  or you could see if Jim could flash it for you for a small fee...
5 ACES

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2011, 01:34:07 PM »

Thanks again morning glory21! I will contact Jim and see what some of the options are. It's just kind of a pain in the butt not being able to use the new $5 bills and it seems like that's the only ones I ever get.  no
rickhunter
SMAA Founder and Chairman
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 226

I Void Warranties

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2011, 12:53:10 AM »

To the best of my knowledge the new $5 software was not released for the S+ platform.  The last updated was to the new $10's.  So it will take $50's, $20's and 10's but not the new 5's

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
5 ACES

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2011, 12:57:43 PM »

I see. Well it basically comes down to putting in a newer unit then. I see that Jim has them on his ebay site and after watching the video from staz, they are definitely much nicer than the one that I have now. The only reason that I haven't upgraded it yet, was the fact that I was getting ready to shop around for an S2000 RT and I did get my old BV in my S+ to run better, after finding that old piece of tape wrapped around some of the gears. At least I now know what needs to be done and it will definitely be put on my to do list before it's all said and done. Thanks again for all of the help and advise everyone!! I really do appreciate it!!  Hail
blueridgeslots
703 730-0821
Senior Full time Member.

703 730-0821

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2011, 02:45:14 AM »

Well here is a video of the S+ accepting the New Colored $5

Turn your head to the left and any smart assed comments will get a nasty response

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Hq5u2QKXdiw&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/Hq5u2QKXdiw&rel=0</a>

CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2011, 02:51:57 AM »

Turn your head to the left and any smart assed comments will get a nasty response

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq5u2QKXdiw&feature=player_detailpage

I was tempted to turn my head to the right, but I know better than messing with the man! Cry Laughing

I believed you all along! yes wave

+1 (Karma, or whatever) For going to the effort to prove what you said before! Clap

CaptainHappy CaptainHappy
NLG ADMINISTRATOR

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
5 ACES

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2011, 03:12:49 AM »

That's cool! Thanks for the video!!
Ron (r273)
NLG Welcome Wagon & General Chat
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 401

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2011, 01:27:36 PM »

Cry Laughing                     Cry Laughing                 Cry Laughing                 Cry Laughing                
"Turn your head to the left and any smart assed comments will get a nasty response"

Thought I was in a doctor's office. That remark made my day! bust gut laughing

Ron (r273)

StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2011, 07:39:50 PM »

Cry Laughing                     Cry Laughing                 Cry Laughing                 Cry Laughing                
"Turn your head to the left and any smart assed comments will get a nasty response"

Thought I was in a doctor's office. That remark made my day! bust gut laughing

Ron (r273)

I'm sure glad we're in a doctor's office, 'cause my neck hurts.  Crazy bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing

Jim, thanks for posting the video, although as CH CaptainHappy said, I never doubted that you had the S+ taking new bills. yes

Stat garfield

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
rickhunter

I Void Warranties

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2011, 05:46:56 PM »

What ^^^^ said.  Clap

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
a69mopar
647-402-1977

Total Karma Storms: 600

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2011, 07:47:00 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq5u2QKXdiw&feature=player_detailpage

The machine in the video is a nice one too.

Thanks,
Wayne

www.GTASLOTS.com      647-402-1977              BALLY S6000 GALLERY
rickhunter

I Void Warranties

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2011, 06:49:13 PM »

Come to think of it, none of my WBA units eat up the bills that fast.  Is that a newer motor type?  I have a an MEI bill acceptor that does eat up currency like the one shown in the video, but my WBA's are certainly slower than that.  Can the older transports be upgraded with the faster motor?

blueridgeslots
703 730-0821
Senior Full time Member.

703 730-0821

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2011, 08:18:42 PM »

Come to think of it, none of my WBA units eat up the bills that fast.  Is that a newer motor type?  I have a an MEI bill acceptor that does eat up currency like the one shown in the video, but my WBA's are certainly slower than that.  Can the older transports be upgraded with the faster motor?

That one did not have the high torque motors on it, we just cleaned it up, usually the head is what slows down many transports, or should I say a weak transport will perform much better with a fresh head, taking each shaft out and replacing or cleaning the bushings is one thing to speed it up, but another thing that drags them down is the flag gear on the left side (as looking at front) the 4 flag one, the teeth wear and will bind up, a quick get me by is silicone spray in the shafts but like putting putty on a leaking pipe, only a temp fix, I have some WBA's sent to me for flashing that I thought were on meth they pulled the bill in so fast, but also were so slick from silicone I thought they had armor all on them, when they are new they run quick, each day it is down hill, but I will tell you there must be differences in tolerances on the bushings and shafts as I have had transports (mostly Upstackers) that look brand new and barely move a bill in and are as clean as the day they were made and new motors don't help, take apart and find one or two tight bushings and wallah..... beep beep said roadrunner so quick

a69mopar
647-402-1977

Total Karma Storms: 600

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2011, 12:44:00 AM »

Beep Beep you say .....

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/BsNHTHcs0zE&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/BsNHTHcs0zE&rel=0</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ASCCIy5P8bw&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/ASCCIy5P8bw&rel=0</a>

« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 12:50:25 AM by a69mopar » Logged

www.GTASLOTS.com      647-402-1977              BALLY S6000 GALLERY
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.