Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 06:01:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Error Code 43
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Error Code 43  (Read 7068 times)
exator
« on: August 04, 2011, 12:21:51 PM »

Hello everyone,

i have a problem with my new bally slot(e-series 1000). i had repaired an damage at the MPU from the battery. it works fine a few times but now there ist an code 43 untill i have put some oil onto the reel-mechanism, i dont know this had couse the problem?
when i reset the game i can spin one or two times then the error comes again and again. what can i do? i have changed the optoboards from the right to the left reel, but the error code ist the same one? what can it be? i have read somethin about deleting the ram, how can i make it?

thank you and sorry for my bad writing

greetings from germany
Kai
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 308

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 01:07:11 PM »

Hello... Error code refers to the reel reader board or as you refer to it the optoboards.. Things you can do it remove it and clean the light bulbs. I like to use a Rubbing Alcohol and Q-tip. Make sure when you put them back together you want the reel disk that goes in the middle of the reader to be over to the left side, about 1/16" away with out rubbing. If you have them too far away from the left side it may not work correctly giving you the error code. Check and see if all of the 5 small light bulbs are lite, that's the easiest thing to do. It is possible that one of the Photo Trans are bad too, here's a link to them, good luck..

Gary

http://cgi.ebay.com/Bally-Slot-Machine-E-Series-CS11673-Photo-Trans-/160211969609?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item254d60a649

If it's jammed, force it... If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway...
exator
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 01:25:32 PM »

Hello Gary,

thank you for your answer. the bulbs are ok. i have changed the optoboads from right to the left reel, must be the errorcode changing to 41 or so?

Kai
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 01:29:50 PM »

Hello Gary,

thank you for your answer. the bulbs are ok. i have changed the optoboads from right to the left reel, must be the errorcode changing to 41 or so?

Kai

If your error code changed from 43 to 41 then yes you have a bad reader board.. You can repair the bad Photo Trans or send it into Barry at Foxsslots.. He repairs them. You can check them with an ohm meter and a flash light. If you have one with no reading then thats your problem..

exator
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2011, 01:47:09 PM »

the code does not change, it is still code 43? Scratch Head
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2011, 01:57:16 PM »

Then I would double check the adjustment and wiring.

Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2011, 03:00:16 PM »

clear the error (press the two red buttons on top of the hopper control board). then press the one on the right five times, your display will indicate a #5 and three numbers ,unless one of the symbols is a cherry, then that will be a small 'c'. each number corresponds to a symbol. assuming this is a fruit machine. orange may be a #1, plumb #2, bell #3, bar #4, cherry c, etc.( I can't remember)  in this test you should see all the lamps on (provided that you have the type you can see the bulbs lit)  not sure if they had the IR type on the 1000 series.  with the reel mech pulled forward you can disengage the reel stop (don't put it at the full locked position) and move the reel around to check each symbol. then when you know what symbol corresponds to what number then you can check reel #2 and then reel #3. this will tell you if your readers are doing what they should be doing.

Jim
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 10:34:03 AM by Jim » Logged

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
exator
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2011, 03:38:38 PM »

Hello Jim,

the Test is OK, but there are four numers in the Display 1111, but the machine has only three reels, can that be the mistake?
The last three numbers indicate the three reels, the "BAR" is a "1", the "BAR with 5" ist "2" and the "BAR with 7" ist "3" in the Test. The position without an symbol ist " ".

Kai
proten

Total Karma Storms: 210

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2011, 05:58:53 PM »

The first one (1) is the pay line.
If you have a five (5) line then
you can switch the line by hitting
the coin in switch.

One step at a time.
exator
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2011, 06:19:48 PM »

The first one (1) is the pay line.
If you have a five (5) line then
you can switch the line by hitting
the coin in switch.

sorry, i don´t understand?  what means "pay line" or "five line"?
It´s a slot with only three reels, in the reeltest are four numbers in the Display (1111). The last three numbers are used for the reeltest, what shows the first one?
proten

Total Karma Storms: 210

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2011, 06:26:03 PM »

Here is the page from the Bally book.
Posting a picture will help ,front
and inside.

* Ballybook.jpg (483.17 KB, 1704x2192 - viewed 454 times.)

One step at a time.
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

513-984-2201

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2011, 11:32:59 PM »

as stated above the first"1" is just to indicate a single line machine. if that is all the symbols you have and all three reels have the same results, then I would say the reel readers are doing their job.
Most other reel tilts are due to a slow spinning reel.  usually those machines (especially if the machine has not been used for a while) will gum up and the grease will harden. the only way to really do a good job is to disassemble or move the  affected components and remove the hardened grease and then re lubricate.

not a hard job but---- time consuming and dirty.  ONLY WORK ON ONE SET AT A TIME.  THE THREE  are identical so you will always have a reference as to how it is together and how it should work.

two distinct operations are involved. 1. is the reel kick off, it involves the small lever at the bottom, it has a roller attached to it, compare it to the others .the second it the stop sequence, it involves the stop solenoid and its linkage.
most of the levers and pivot points can be moved with the unit out of the machine. the reels are easily removed by pushing the two dog ears out of the way (have springs on them)  then remove reels, this exposes everything so you can get to it all.  you can activate the cycle using the plunger on the piston. watch how it operates in the machine and duplicate that by using your hand to move the plunger,

Jim   

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
exator
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2011, 04:17:12 AM »

@proten

thank you, now I understand what you wrote. my machine has only one pay line.

Most other reel tilts are due to a slow spinning reel.  usually those machines (especially if the machine has not been used for a while) will gum up and the grease will harden. the only way to really do a good job is to disassemble or move the  affected components and remove the hardened grease and then re lubricate.
Ok, as i say in the first post. all problems starts while i lubricate the handle- and reelmechanism

it works fine a few times but now there ist an code 43 untill i have put some oil onto the reel-mechanism, i dont know this had couse the problem?
that can be the mistake, perhaps the reelspeed is not correct in this moment.

i will now clean all parts and lubricate them. i hope it will work!

thank you! I am happy to find friendly help here, in germany slots are are very rare, so it is hard to get help.

GruĂź
Kai
exator
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2011, 10:27:08 AM »

Hello,

i have lubricate the reels now, the error code has gone!  applause

btw, can you say me what i can do with the dip-switches on the mpu-bord?

and

the bell rings for every coin, can i turn that off?

Danke!
Kai
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

513-984-2201

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2011, 10:43:37 AM »

glad you were able to clear the reel error. 

Sorry, I don't have any information on the dip switches,  as for the bell, I think there is a plug that goes to that unit, just unplug it.

You may give FOXSSLOT1, A MEMBER on this forum, a PM and ask if he could give you the information. He is very knowledgeable about these machines and he has a ton of parts to support them. He is in the process of moving to a new location, so he may not be able to respond right away.

Jim

Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2011, 10:54:49 AM »

can you say me what i can do with the dip-switches on the mpu-bord?
and
the bell rings for every coin, can i turn that off?

Danke!
Kai

If I remember right turning off the #1 Dip Switch on the MPU will stop the bell from ringing on every coin drop, but it may also stop it from ringing on any jackpots won too.

Gary

exator
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2011, 11:38:57 AM »

If I remember right turning off the #1 Dip Switch on the MPU will stop the bell from ringing on every coin drop, but it may also stop it from ringing on any jackpots won too.

Gary

Ok, thank you. It would be fine when the bell still rings when the machine pay out.  Wink
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.