Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 12:27:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Monitor Repair Log and Database. **Arcade and Gaming**
| |-+  Monitor Repair Tech Support
| | |-+  Kristel 100 1428k 30 Monitor
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Kristel 100 1428k 30 Monitor  (Read 4864 times)
mantaramian
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 10

« on: August 06, 2011, 10:02:55 PM »

I have this Kristel 100 1428k 30 Monitor that came out of a Williams Jackpot Party Video slot.... When it was given to me it had no video... So I caped it out and still no video... Scratch Head

So after a night of good rest, it dawned to me it needs a video signal to turn on (right)

No I am stumped on making a VGA video cable to analog conversion connector

Does anyone have any suggestions?
mantaramian
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 07:35:51 PM »

I finally was able to get the video adapter for the monitor to PC, however I still do not have any video..... My strengths are not in the diagnose of monitors but I did cap the chassis out.

the conclusion to this is still no video...  Silly Me!

The monitor power LED still goes on and off before and after the Cap kit installed....

Any suggestions.   Hail

* Diagram.jpg (321.92 KB, 1280x1024 - viewed 396 times.)

* Diagram2.jpg (328.79 KB, 1280x1024 - viewed 391 times.)
Firebird
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 5

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 09:26:22 PM »

Does the monitor power up and just not have video or  does the monitor not power up? Do you here the little "snap" when the machine is turned on?
mantaramian
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 10:51:43 PM »

I just got done powering this monitor up after sitting for a few days, the initial power up you could here an a burst of energy and then nothing.

In the past i have worked on Merit Monitors (touch screen games) and with no video signal attached you would see the screen say no video signal, at least you would know the monitor was working,

However, this monitor does not display anything.

I pulled the chaise out to cap it (cant hurt) but still nothing...

In the past when I fixed my G07, G05 monitors you can here that snap of high voltage with some brightness, but these newer monitors will not display unless you have video signal from my understanding.... Crazy

Firebird
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 5

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2011, 04:51:06 AM »

And I have found that not all of the monitors will work with a video signal from a PC, do you have a machine that takes that monitor? I have had a few monitors I have tried to test using a laptop as a video source and it did not work, but when I went and put it in a machine and it worked just fine, not sure why.
channelmaniac
Surface mount soldering geek
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 568

Few things are better than fixing an old game...

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 05:35:31 PM »

And I have found that not all of the monitors will work with a video signal from a PC, do you have a machine that takes that monitor? I have had a few monitors I have tried to test using a laptop as a video source and it did not work, but when I went and put it in a machine and it worked just fine, not sure why.

Could be your video setting. If the monitor is a standard arcade type high-res monitor with the VGA inputs it's set for 640x480 at 60hz. Your laptop is probably set to SVGA/EVGA/UVGA settings of at least 1024x768. Set the output port on your laptop to be a "second monitor" under Windows and set the resolution to 640x480 at 60hz and it should work.

I have too many hobbies! Electronics, gunsmithing, Miatas, arcade games, metal detecting, etc...

http://www.arcadecomponents.com
mantaramian
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2011, 02:28:19 AM »

Could be your video setting. If the monitor is a standard arcade type high-res monitor with the VGA inputs it's set for 640x480 at 60hz. Your laptop is probably set to SVGA/EVGA/UVGA settings of at least 1024x768. Set the output port on your laptop to be a "second monitor" under Windows and set the resolution to 640x480 at 60hz and it should work.

Thanks for the reminder.... My laptop will only go down to 800x600.... I will need to find something that will go down to 640x480..... I completely forgot about that..... I will keep you posted.

Mike
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.