Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 05:37:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  Convert S2000 coin tray speaker to full-range
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Convert S2000 coin tray speaker to full-range  (Read 4910 times)
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« on: September 16, 2008, 08:24:26 PM »

ORIGINAL THREAD STARTED BY: JohnnyG « on: July 28, 2007, 06:34:17 PM »
JohnnyG

Here's what I did to make the coin tray speaker full-range instead of just a 'subwoofer'.  J5 on the amp board is the low pass out for the coin tray speaker and is a 2-pin Molex.  J2, which is right next to it, is an unused full-range A+B channel output.  Problem is that it's a 3-pin Molex and is using pins 1 and 3.  So, as you can see in the pics, I simply Jerry-rigged it.  I cut the white/yellow stripped wire and connected it to a butt connector.  I took the other end of the butt connector and sheared off the plastic so it only leaves the metal, which fits snugly into pin 3 on J2.  Now my coin tray gets full range sound from both channels.  Even better, the coin tray shape directs sound up at you.  Haywire sounds much cooler now.

I should note that I've replaced my aging coin tray speaker with one from MCM.  It was only like $15 or so.

EDIT:  I had the wires reversed and changed the text above to read accordingly.  The picture now shows the green/orange striped wire on the right and the white/yellow striped wire on the left.  Please ignore the fact that the white/yellow striped wire is spliced to a piece of green/orange striped wire.

* DSCN1171.JPG (151.34 KB, 800x600 - viewed 315 times.)

* DSCN1175.JPG (159.76 KB, 800x600 - viewed 336 times.)

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
StatFreak

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 08:26:04 PM »

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2007, 11:58:26 AM »
idesign

Hey John, nice mod. I made up a mini harness so it can be switched in and out of the system if need be.....see below. I like the sound quality and no buzzing sound either.

Karma for you.

* P7290019.jpg (85.54 KB, 800x227 - viewed 292 times.)

* P7290020.jpg (127.44 KB, 800x600 - viewed 338 times.)

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 233

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 03:57:17 PM »

For the S2000 users, might be worth a try for you if your ears aren't happy with your enhanced SIMM.  In my case using a DSV00042 SIMM, I felt like there wasn't enough midrange in the sound.  It was all highs and poorly reproduced lows.  Everybody's hearing is different, but this what was lacking in my case.  Many of you guys can probably make your own cables, but idesign sent one my way, and this mod does indeed convert the tray speaker from "only lows" to a full-range sound covering most ends of the sound spectrum.  Some may not like it, some will love it.  I'm glad I tried it out.

Thanks again to Stat and idesign for the direction.  K+
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 06:22:31 PM by Yoeddy1 » Logged

Yoeddy's IGT Slot Machine Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/Yoeddy1
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 04:06:15 PM »

It sounds like a great mod!  YOU ROCK!!! Thanks
I'm def going to try it tonight!  Cool Thumbs-Up
StatFreak

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 11:01:05 PM »

I see that the thread has been reactivated, and I've received two PMs about it in the last week.

It was Johnny G. (aka Ruden) who figured out the modification and idesign who built the harness. I only brought the posts over from the old site when it died. (Please notice that I credited Johnny G. in the first post and idesign in the second.)

The mod was originally done over three years ago (back in July 2007).

Bunker, I think it's great that you're going to pick this up and run with it, but don't be surprised if you get lots of requests for home made harnesses. Crazy  rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao

StatFreak garfield
nlg   Global Moderator
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 11:06:38 PM by StatFreak » Logged

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2010, 11:22:28 PM »

I guess I'd better place a crazy large order for Molexes ...lol
Nah - Idesign's Da Man to make them!!!  rotflmao
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 79

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2010, 04:27:36 PM »

Just did this mod today applause applause  Great sound difference  yes yes
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2010, 04:44:05 PM »

This is the same effect you get on a vision slot when you plug your speakers into the LCD speaker output and tap the tray speaker into that  same 4 pin molex yes Sounds really good!
knagl

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2010, 09:53:21 AM »

Does anyone have any extra connectors and would be willing to build a few harnesses like the one that StatFreak posted earlier in this thread?  I'd love to buy three of them, and would be happy to pay someone for the harnesses...

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
idesign
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 509

If it aint broke why mess with it?????

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2010, 02:19:25 PM »

I have some already made up.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.