Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 05:32:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Need IGT S power cord or diagram to make one...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Need IGT S power cord or diagram to make one...  (Read 5120 times)
modessitt
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 5

« on: August 19, 2011, 12:15:33 PM »

I have a customer who has a Wild Cherry (S model) (no bill validator).  During a recent move, they lost the power cord.  I thought it would be like the S+ with the computer-style power cord, but when I opened it up, it looks like it plugs into two molex connectors?  Is that right?  Is there a place I can buy one ready to go?  Or can I make one?  If I have to make one, can someone e-mail me a diagram of how the molexes are wired up, as well as which molex to use so I can make it here at the shop then take it out there?

Thanks for any help you can give....
modessitt

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 01:39:44 PM »

Could really use some info here guys...
Slotmaster
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 172

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 06:24:01 PM »

Could really use some info here guys...
For the 1000's of S+ games I worked on many years ago, all I remember is a standard computer plug and I worked on very few S games as they dated me. so I can't say for sure.. 

Would help the folks help you if you attached a picture or two of what you are working on etc.
modessitt

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 03:08:55 AM »

My problem is that I don't have it in the shop.  Went out after replacing a battery and planned to do a CMOS clear if necessary.  They had moved since I picked up the CPU, and in the move they lost the power cord (no idea why they separated the two).  They were still unpacking, and hoped they'd find it and call me back out, but they called to say they have no idea where it is, and they need me to buy or make a new one.  I didn't see a PC-style inlet inside like the S+'s have.  There were two small molexes near where the power cord would come in, and I assumed the cord plugged into them somehow.

I need someone to either correct me about the power cord, or tell me how to make one, or buy one.

I could go get the slot and bring it to the shop, but don't know if I can make one without a wiring diagram at least...
Slotmaster

Total Karma Storms: 172

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 01:54:57 PM »

My problem is that I don't have it in the shop.  Went out after replacing a battery and planned to do a CMOS clear if necessary.  They had moved since I picked up the CPU, and in the move they lost the power cord (no idea why they separated the two).  They were still unpacking, and hoped they'd find it and call me back out, but they called to say they have no idea where it is, and they need me to buy or make a new one.  I didn't see a PC-style inlet inside like the S+'s have.  There were two small molexes near where the power cord would come in, and I assumed the cord plugged into them somehow.

I need someone to either correct me about the power cord, or tell me how to make one, or buy one.

I could go get the slot and bring it to the shop, but don't know if I can make one without a wiring diagram at least...
Yea sounds like a plan, I am sure someone has a S machine here, I have not seen one in years
Tilt

Total Karma Storms: 366

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2011, 04:21:05 PM »

It should have a standard IEC connector (computer power cord).  Here's a photo of mine.

* S Slot Power Connector.jpg (1070.1 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 346 times.)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 08:48:36 PM by knagl » Logged
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2011, 08:50:09 PM »

That's great, Tilt!  modessitt: maybe e-mail that picture to your customer to make sure that they're looking in the correct spot for the power plug?  It's possible that they're looking at some other connector and are incorrectly thinking that it's the power plug.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Tilt

Total Karma Storms: 366

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2011, 01:28:47 AM »

That's great, Tilt!  modessitt: maybe e-mail that picture to your customer to make sure that they're looking in the correct spot for the power plug?  It's possible that they're looking at some other connector and are incorrectly thinking that it's the power plug.

I think you may be right, when the cord is unplugged it's hard to see the male receptacle in the line filter.
modessitt

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2011, 11:02:18 AM »

Thanks to your help, I was able to replace the cord.  It was on the side of the filter where I couldn't see it.

New issue:  Is the procedure for making wins go to the credit meter instead of cashing out the same as on the S+ machines?
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2011, 02:05:16 PM »

Basically yes, if I remember correctly. Duh!  Set option 5 to 0 to have all wins automatically go to the credit meter. Otherwise, manually turn on the cash/credit light before playing.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
modessitt

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2011, 03:19:47 PM »

Thanks. I figured it out.

Unfortunately the 5 test made it spin the reels, so I might have been doing something wrong.  But, I pushed the cash out button and got it to take wins to the meter, so the customer is happy....
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2011, 07:01:53 AM »

I wasn't speaking of test 5, but setup option "5  n" in the setup sub-menu. (The one you get to within the first 3 presses of the test button.) I think option 5 is the first option, so the JP key would not need to be turned to find it.

Anyhow, glad to hear that you were able to show the customer how to manually turn on the credits.
From your description, setup option 5 is currently set to 1  ("5  1"). As long as the customer understands that they will have to turn on credits manually immediately before play every time they leave the machine standing with 0 credits, they'll be okay.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 02:59:21 PM by StatFreak » Logged

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.