Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 06:09:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Bally S5000 - Door open dutring powerdown ?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally S5000 - Door open dutring powerdown ?  (Read 3286 times)
jwpowell19
« on: August 21, 2011, 01:55:55 AM »

What does this even mean, that the game noticed someone had opened the door when it was off ?? Anyway I had sold a s5000 to this guy and he said it playes fine until he got error " door open during power down , turn keyswitch to continue" the manual says to shut the door and press the reset button. did that, no change, tried reset button on MPU, tried clearing the saferam, still no effect. just keep getting this same message which I cannot clear. Any idead ? The battery is fresh and everything was working perfect up until now. ARGHH I hate these unreliable Bally 5000's !! I will have to refund his money tomorrow so if anyone could give me any ideas it could save me 300$. Tahnks guys !
morning_glory21
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 02:24:11 AM »

maybe the reset switch is bad?  try shorting the wires maybe...
jwpowell19
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 11:00:24 AM »

The Keyswitch is working, and I jumpered the door switch just incase that was bad, with no luck. However I dont think I have been able to get the reset switch on the mpu to work. That might explain it. Will report back today,, does anyone know what lugs of the reset switch I will be shorting ?
retroelectro
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 07:12:17 PM »

This reply is probably late but may help others with similar issue. I have 5000+ and also had a condition where I couldn't reset error 82. The game just didn't respond to any inputs or switches.
Turns out that this happens if the power supply output #1 ("power fail" or something) is down. This will activate IRQ 7 for the processor and the game just stops responding to anything.

Another situation when all the switches are ignored is when I have the mechanical meter board connected. I have not solved this problem yet so I just play with the meter board disconnected.

Manuals:
Bally 5000: http://rudysdeals.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=322
Bally 5000+: http://www.slotdoctor.com/proddetail.php?prod=bally-5000-manual-dwnld

Bally 5000+ Fruit Loot 1991
Sega Turbo Outrun 1989
Sega Outrun 1986
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.