Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 02:44:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Monitor Repair Log and Database. **Arcade and Gaming**
| |-+  Monitor Repair Tech Support
| | |-+  Wells Gardner K4600 line shift in screen - HELP Pleeeeaase
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wells Gardner K4600 line shift in screen - HELP Pleeeeaase  (Read 2529 times)
tjc02002
« on: August 24, 2011, 04:33:16 PM »

Hey guys. I am new to the Arcade Machine collecting hobby and I have a slight problem with my Wells Gardner K4675 / K4600 series 19" monitor. It has a couple of lines on the very left edge (considered top of monitor since its mounted vertically in my Frogger cabinet). I have attached a pic of the problem. It looks like basically there is a couple of lines on the very left edge that are not oriented correctly and they are deviated into the picture a little, and it leaves a black line where the line is missing. I have spun all the adjustment knobs and it doesnt help. Screen control doesnt fix it...

Background: I had some color problems and hourglassing along with this line problem so I did a "Cap Kit" on the monitor and reflowed any suspect solder joints. This fixed all the hourglassing and color problems but didnt fix this line error. Another thing that is weird is that the image is shifted left a bit even after I moved the vertical raster position jumper. It seems that the image cant get quite to the center of the screen. Another thing to mention is that the cap kit had about 20 capacitors, but it seemed to me that there were a couple of them that were not replaced.

Any info would be great. Thanks!

* k4675line.JPG (209.35 KB, 480x640 - viewed 290 times.)
tjc02002
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 10:25:56 PM »

C315, C201, and C202 were not included in my cap kit so i didnt replace them. Could it be those ones?

C315 has a jumper across it, is that supposed to be that way? BTW, Im running a 60 in 1 multicade game board.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 10:38:00 PM by tjc02002 » Logged
tjc02002
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 12:34:43 PM »

Pretty much fixed it. It was a loose connection/solder joint.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.