Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 02:15:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  New Life Games Members Get-Togethers & Events.
| |-+  East Coast Events. East of the Mississippi
| | |-+  East coast events--Somewhat of a Nasty storm!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: East coast events--Somewhat of a Nasty storm!  (Read 24362 times)
staz
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 156

« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2011, 08:10:56 AM »

its 6am and all there is outside by my house is heavy rain so far...... looking like a rain storm........
jdkmunch
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 624

« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2011, 02:00:45 PM »

Well my neighbors crusty black ant infested tree lost a huge limb and smashed down  -   on our property line -   destroyed my fence and stuff but all in all little damage - thank God

************ IMPORTANT ***************

ALL MY SLOTS ARE SAFE

* photo.JPG (804.28 KB, 1296x968 - viewed 485 times.)
Bettor Slots
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 751

« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2011, 03:10:30 PM »

ALL MY SLOTS ARE SAFE

I see your Bambi is safe also...thank goodness.  Glad you made it through the storm.

If life is like a box of chocolates....why do I always seem to end up with the butter creme?
jdkmunch
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 624

« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2011, 03:13:56 PM »

Lol

That's my neighbors yard -  my house is to the left
with the plastic pink Flamingos.
staz
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2011, 04:12:38 PM »

i got no damage the most i got was leafs on my jag rotflmao im glad everyone on here from east cost is safe Clap
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2011, 05:01:39 PM »

i got no damage the most i got was leafs on my jag rotflmao im glad everyone on here from east cost is safe Clap

How do we know. Has anyone heard from Blueridge ??  Up date  I just talked to Jim on the phone and he's OK

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
staz
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2011, 02:16:29 PM »

this was 5 minutes from my house .........amazingly we didnt get any damage on our street....
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/PAQXuqZXJXo&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/PAQXuqZXJXo&rel=0</a>
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 363

PET

« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2011, 02:46:49 PM »

Glad I live in mountain country. All we had was 3 in. of rain & 60 MPH wind
Ocean is OK when weather is nice, sucks when bad weather.
Ford
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2011, 03:02:24 PM »

Glad I live in mountain country. All we had was 3 in. of rain & 60 MPH wind
Ocean is OK when weather is nice, sucks when bad weather.
Ford

Sure glad I live on the West Coast ( Desert )  all we have to worry about is earthquakes and RATTLESNAKES

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
Bettor Slots
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 751

« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2011, 03:25:07 PM »

Sure glad I live on the West Coast ( Desert )  all we have to worry about is earthquakes and RATTLESNAKES

You know I was watching this "reality" exterminator show on TV yesterday and they were catching something like a "prairie rat" in cages / traps around this guys home.  When went to check the traps, sure enough they caught the rats but every other cage it seemed they went to had a rattle snake in there also eating the rat they caught.  Who boy...I would not want that job.

If life is like a box of chocolates....why do I always seem to end up with the butter creme?
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2011, 04:53:06 PM »

Sure glad I live on the West Coast ( Desert )  all we have to worry about is earthquakes and RATTLESNAKES

You know I was watching this "reality" exterminator show on TV yesterday and they were catching something like a "prairie rat" in cages / traps around this guys home.  When went to check the traps, sure enough they caught the rats but every other cage it seemed they went to had a rattle snake in there also eating the rat they caught.  Who boy...I would not want that job.

Those "low down dirty rats" "snaked" into there and stole the catch! Crazy rotflmao bust gut laughing Cry Laughing Silly Me!

I sure would be "rattled" if I ran into those snakes in the cages! Duh! Silly Me! Help

CH CaptainHappy

P.S. I really am glad that everyone has weathered the storm safely!!! Clap Clap Clap

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
Neonkiss
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2011, 08:47:45 PM »

How about this idiot Tucker Barnes

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/AitngwderjQ&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/AitngwderjQ&rel=0</a>

Most sites are reporting that that ORGANIC matter is actually high levels of raw sewage being dumped into the ocean as treatment plants get backup with the storm water.

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/fox-reporter-gives-update-covered-in-sea-foam-20110827

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
daddy2yea
Mike
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 34

« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2011, 10:47:49 PM »

No power, no internet since 1pm Saturday. Just got internet back today, but  still no power.  Every fast food restaurant that was  open had cars wrap around the building and onto the street for the drive-thru, all the parking spaces full plus the spaces in the business next to them Sunday and Monday.  Today not to bad As people get there power back. Still a lot of trees laying on power lines that haven't been touched. Other than that all's OK.
Mike
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2011, 12:00:28 AM »

No power, no internet since 1pm Saturday. Just got internet back today, but  still no power.  Every fast food restaurant that was  open had cars wrap around the building and onto the street for the drive-thru, all the parking spaces full plus the spaces in the business next to them Sunday and Monday.  Today not to bad As people get there power back. Still a lot of trees laying on power lines that haven't been touched. Other than that all's OK.
Mike

Mike,

Thanks for letting us know that you are OK, Glad you survived the storm, the lack of internet, and no power! Clap +1 (Karma, or whatever)

CH CaptainHappy

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
daddy2yea
Mike
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2011, 11:52:35 PM »

AUGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Still no power.  But, the Electric company (Va Power) Has been patting themselves on the back on the wonderfull job they been doing, and on how they are ahead of schedule. Yet when I called on Sunday They said they had no estimated time of restoration, but by noon  Monday everybody would have an estimated time of restoration. Call at 1pm Monday still no
estimated time of restoration. Called again at 2pm  5Pm and 9Pm still no estimated time of restoration. Called Tuesday they said power would be on between 5 & 11Pm Wednesday, Called Wednesday they said power would be on between 5 & 11Pm Thursday, Called Thursday Said Power would be on between 5&11Pm Friday, Called Friday(Today) And they said .........Hold On to your hats this is sad..................there is no estimated time of restoration.  I am pissed to the Max. Other than that all is good.
Mike
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

PET

« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2011, 12:08:43 AM »

Holy Shit. Hang in there Mike. I'd be going nuts if I were in your shoes.
Wish you the best.
Ford
 Silly Me! Silly Me! Silly Me!
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2011, 12:20:42 AM »

AUGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Still no power.  But, the Electric company (Va Power) Has been patting themselves on the back on the wonderfull job they been doing, and on how they are ahead of schedule. Yet when I called on Sunday They said they had no estimated time of restoration, but by noon  Monday everybody would have an estimated time of restoration. Call at 1pm Monday still no
estimated time of restoration. Called again at 2pm  5Pm and 9Pm still no estimated time of restoration. Called Tuesday they said power would be on between 5 & 11Pm Wednesday, Called Wednesday they said power would be on between 5 & 11Pm Thursday, Called Thursday Said Power would be on between 5&11Pm Friday, Called Friday(Today) And they said .........Hold On to your hats this is sad..................there is no estimated time of restoration.  I am pissed to the Max. Other than that all is good.
Mike

You could always play the same game when it comes time to pay the bill. stir the pot / get cooking

Keep your spirits up and don't let it ruin your holiday. propeller

SF garfield

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

PET

« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2011, 12:23:31 AM »

You could always play the same game when it comes time to pay the bill.

I don't think you would get to far. They are slow, but when it's time for
you to pay they have no mercy.
daddy2yea
Mike
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2011, 08:31:34 PM »

WOOHOO I got Power today.  Me and the wife are so so Happy. She even did a happy dance. Piggy 3      And as some of you may not know I'm a Carolina Boy  born in New Bern, NC  and it was the Carolina Power company (Duke Energy) that got my power back  Hail
Go Duke!!  Thanks for the words of support.
Mike
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2011, 10:05:46 PM »

Too bad you can't charge them   interest - for loss of power... arrow
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.