Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:10:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Arcade Games, Pinball, Crane Games, Redemption Games and Other Stuff
| |-+  Jukeboxs
| | |-+  Pioneer CT-F9191
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pioneer CT-F9191  (Read 2911 times)
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« on: August 31, 2011, 12:55:39 PM »

Hi All, not a jukebox, but it plays music, does that count? I've got this Pioneer cassette player from the mid '70s and the thing doesn't play. It came from a friend who's having health issues and would like to enjoy it again before he can't. He'd been told the drive motor was probably bad. Upon opening it up the first thing I found was that the shop that had it for 3 years had disconnected the power lead to the drive motor and all the belts are pretty well shot. A belt kit I can get, but I can't tell where the power lead on the motor was pulled from to test the motor itself. The lead drops near a buss bar mounted on the top back side of the cassette mechanism framework, but without drawings I don't want to just hook it up to something and hope it's right. Does anyone have any wiring info laying around on these? A mechanical breakdown would be great for belt replacing. Any info on where parts might be available if needed beyond the belt kit? As always, thanks in advance for any and all help. yes
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 02:33:15 PM »

I can't help, but thanks for the trip down memory lane. I almost bought a CT-F9000 at one point, but I decided that it was more show than go with the florescent display and memory and all that.

My uncle still has a CT-F1000 (although I think it finally died) which I wanted badly but was never able to find for sale at the time. Almost every feature on it was designed to improve or tailor the sound rather than pander to consumer tastes in gadgetry. It had two large double input knobs for recording levels: one LR knob for mic and one for line, and had two 1/4" inputs on the front panel. It used mechanical fast-response meters that started at -40db (or lower?), not -20. Automatic tape retention and Cr sensor, two Dolby settings, filters, 1khz reference tone and adjustments, Bias voltage adjustments...  and all on the front panel !

You could put in a new tape, record some reference tone, play it back and make adjustments, and have the deck tweaked for that particular cassette and ready to record – all in just a couple of minutes.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 02:38:19 PM by StatFreak » Logged

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.